Are They a "Sociopath"?

Oops! I forgot to put my fake-up on today

What is a "Sociopath" you ask?

- Sociopaths are people who have little to no conscience. They will lie, cheat, steal and manipulate others for their own benefit. They know exactly what they are doing, they just don't care because they don't think that way. If you are naive enough, they will brainwash you into doing exactly what they say and what they want which is the only time a sociopath is truly happy.

Sociopaths can hide this well if you haven't known them for long. They're really nice and charming at first, almost too nice, but it's extremely fake. The niceness will last until a problem occurs in which they are at fault however, you will be manipulated to believe that you are in the wrong.

1. They are Charming

They will say and do anything to get what they want from you.

2. Intelligent

You wouldn't think so but sociopaths are highly intelligent. They can manipulate words and twist them to work in their favor to make it look as though you are at fault.

3. "Nice"

There is a persona about them that you just can't shake. Their "niceness" lowers your guard to make you think they're harmless.

I have more than one face.
I have more than one face.

4. Incites emotional chaos

Everything is all peachy then out of nowhere. BOOM! a random outburst of emotion with you in the middle of their shit storm

5. Presents themselves as someone with high moral values

Being fake is part of their whole agenda. Making you believe that they are a good person when it isn't necessarily true. They often feel the need to be the bigger person making you believe you are a impudent child.

They only do good things to make them feel better about themselves.

6. Disingenuous

Like i said previously they are fake. Everything they say is a lie. No matter what you wanna believe how honest they are being with you it's all part of the plan to pull your strings to get you to do what they want for them.

7. Lack of empathy

They will never really care and their apologies are worthless.

8. Incapable of Love

If you see a trend in their relationship history that involves them leaving the other person. There's probably something wrong with that person

Are They a

Ultimately these people are Manipulative. They will say and do whatever to get what they want out of you without any remorse or consequences of their actions.

What they do to you is what they have done before in the past and will continue to do so. People to them are disposable bags of flesh for their fun and games

They can fake human emotion and pass themselves off as genuine as they come.

It's a common myth that these types of people have no friends but in reality it's the complete opposite.

Pay attention to subtle things that they say and do. They will say one thing and do another. Even admitting to you unconsciously if it doesn't directly involve you.

Here are a list of jobs a Sociopath might hold:

Police officers

Lawyer

Sales Person

CEO

Journalist

Surgeon

Chef

I was feeling inspired today :)

Good luck spotting those sociopaths! Lots of them out there!

1226

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 12

• I always wonder when people make this if people really know the difference between psychopaths and sociopaths. They are not the same thing, or else there wouldn't be two separate names.
    Psychopaths are more like what you explained. Sociopaths are a bit different. They are more people who care about themselves which you said, but they do have the ability to make close relationships and love others. Its just very hard for them.
    I'm not saying they are super different from each other, but in the way they act is different. Sociopaths are more normal I should say, they are more likely to have friends and act normally in society, there is just something off about these people.
    Psychopaths are the people who literally have no empathy, no care, narcissism, and they will step over people to get what they want. Sociopaths aren't that suave or smart about their intentions, its usually very obvious what kind of people they are. They act out irrationally at times, such as if they do end up killing someone it is usually very sloppy and uncoordinated unlike psychopaths who murder. (btw not all psychopaths and sociopaths murder, I was just giving an example). And as I said before they do have the ability to feel empathy usually for certain family or somebody they end up falling in love with. They are more reckless and more likely to do minor things against the law.
    Psychopaths are the ones who are charming and manipulative, they both know right from wrong psychopaths just don't care, sociopaths do feel guilty on some level.

• As a person that've been diagnosed with sociopathy, the fact no.6 isn't true, we don't lie as a 'hobby'

• Also we are incapable of love, we just feel love differently. We are more possesive rather attached towards our partner and it needs a lot of time to actually feel what you can feel so easily. Antother fact that isn't exactly true is that we don't feel empathy, we do but rarely and with not many people. That's because we don't believe most of them and in general we don't like the world. Another false fact like I previously said it's that we always lie, we don't. Psycopaths do.
      Psychopaths and Sociapaths are two extremely different things.

• You googled it and then wrote an article and now you think you are an expert. The article is very flawed in some places, with a total lack of common sense anyway.

• @bethshepherd I am an expert

• Not sure why your list includes a surgeon, who is often simply performing operations without any discussion, the most he would say is pass me this or pass me that or how much oxygen is there. Same with a chef, they learn about food and how to cook it, they are not interested in people and manipulating them. Inspiration only works if it is used intelligently and with knowledge, not just wild guesses. I can spot a sociopath easily. Some of them have delusions of being capable of things they are not, others like to put down other people that are. It is not as simple as you make it sound, but there again I am qualified in these things.

• Knew I’m a sociopath. I’ve always suspected.
    Good to know you’re one too, thoug, based off this list ;)

• I am not a sociopath ☺️
    This should have been a mytake
    Very informative

• Knew it! Munchkin is a sociopath..
    you shameless flirt!

• I don't understand why you'd mentioned jobs like CEO and Surgeon.
    But other than that, good take.

• CEOs are self centered and egotistical.

A surgeon does his job. doesn't make them any less of potentially being a sociopath.

They see death everyday so the rapid decline of empathy for the loss of someone depletes over time. This can have effects in their personal life that may cause them to become unstable.

The main character from House for example

• Omg. CEOs are self centered and egoistical? What makes you say that? Just coz they have money? And power? Can't a person stay humble even if twhy acquire what commoners don't have?
      And death won't hurt less! Surgeon or no surgeon. A surgeon will be hurt by a death as much as a person who isn't. Professions don't make you cold-hearted.

• "A list of jobs a sociopath might hold."

*journalist*

*creeps away*

• Thank you

• Great Take!

• Great myTake

• Good to know :')

What Guys Said 26

• Thank you, you've inspired my inner serial killer. I don't know how you know all this though lol

(i know)

• Make sure to give me a shoutout when you get arrested

• Inspired me to write a short novel where the sociopath detective catches the killer.
      Write more mho dude. Most mytakes here have 0 originality

• mytakee* not mho

• This is more a psychopath than a sociopath.
    Sociopaths tend to be far less controlled and more inclined towards physical violence than psychopaths. But unlike psychopaths, sociopaths are indeed capable of feeling some empathy and guilt.

• Noooooooo

Psychopaths are physically violent while sociopaths are emotionally violent.

It's just a quick google search away bro cmon

• My searches say differently.

• Some of these are wrong. You're mixing up Sociopath and Psychopath. Sociopaths are capable of love, but just struggle with having empathy but are capable of it and they can have attachments to people with actually caring about them but usually it's a small circle or one person while psychopaths are incapable of empathy. Psychopaths are more likely to get those occupations you listed below, not sociopaths. Sociopaths usually commit crime more often than psychopaths most of the time. Basically psychopaths are a more severe version of sociopaths.

• I think you confused some of these with a psychopath lol

• People with the antisocial personality disorder are not inherently evil.
    They don't manipulate or lie to people out of pleasure or with a deliberate purpose.
    They are egoistic and self-centered just like everyone else, it is just that they have little to no inhibitions that normally restrict this egoism.

Which proves itself dangerous because a person with no restraints is bound to snap sooner or later.

• I don't think i could call someone that without a professional opinion.

• Sounds like someone we know *cough (Tony Blair) cough*.

• You're speaking of a psychopath. Sociopaths have a much harder time fitting into society, and are often very anti social and unorganized.

• Sounds more like a psychopath rather than a sociopath.

• Sociopaths as I recall tend to be antisocial and don't really fit in with others whereas psychopaths are the opposite.

• Lol this is wrong your making all sociopaths sound like they are evil or just wanna hurt others and lie when that is incorrect.

• Love it when people talk about stuff without knowing about that stuff

• You must be a sociopath

• Well if i was i would know you wrong and if i wasn't you still wrong, a fact is still fact.

• Oh.. crap... My ex was a Sales person too.

• Did you two have any problems in your relationship?

• Piece of shit

• Yes. definitely.
      But she wasn't during the relationship. It's like invasion of the body snatchers she just switched person's. Really odd.

• Nice MyTake was this based on personal experience or a research?

• Well some research and experience with people i've come across. (i've looked it up a couple of times before deciding to do this)

Some are saying my characteristics are wrong.

• Hmmm, are you a sociopath?

• Politicians!

• True, however to win any vote they must obey the will of the party that will elect them to be the leader.

They're nothing more than the front man, the party as a whole are the brain. a collective group of sociopaths

• Thank you
    Now I can avoid sociopaths

• I'm busted!

• I didn't read most of it.

• thank you

• Interesting myTake

• Yes.

• More from Guys
    6