Personal Boundaries May Effect How Others Treat You

Boundaries

Personal Boundaries

It’s very painful when you feel people are always trying to bring you down. It can end up believing everybody’s against you.

But here’s the thing...

People will take you at your own valuation. In other words, if they treat you in ways that make you feel hurt, angry or resentful and you don’t put a stop to it, they will continue to treat you badly.

So, first of all, you need to know without a shadow of a doubt, that you deserve to be treated kindly and with respect but, before they change the way they treat you, you will need to treat yourself with kindness and respect first.

Most people don’t like themselves and they most certainly don’t respect themselves. The evidence is that they have no personal boundaries.

Personal boundaries are like a line drawn in the sand that says, “this far and no further.”

#wowgirl10q#wowgirlRocks
#wowgirl10q#wowgirlRocks

So, if you want people to change the way they treat you, you first have to change the way you treat yourself.

Here are some examples of how you treat yourself badly:

* You’re hyper critical of yourself and tend to beat yourself up.

* You compare yourself negatively with other people - you tell yourself they’re luckier, more successful, more attractive than you are.

* You find it difficult to accept compliments or positive feedback because you don’t believe them. Either they don’t even register or, if you hear the compliment, you tell yourself they’re just trying to be nice or you might even reply, “oh it was just luck” or “it was a fluke” or “What! This old thing?”

* You don’t go for what you really want because you don’t think you’re good enough or that you won’t be able to handle it.

* You don’t ask for what you really need and want - assuming you know what that is.

* You don’t ask for help or find it difficult to accept help when it’s offered.

Bottom line, you don’t really believe you’re good enough or worthy enough. All these things are called limiting beliefs and tend to be subconscious which means you don’t know that you believe them!

#wowgirl10q#wowgirlRocks#
#wowgirl10q#wowgirlRocks#

310

Most Helpful Guys

Most Helpful Girl

• You should make it even better by giving examples of ‘ not setting boundaries’ 💥✨⚡️

Also, I think people who treat others badly - boundary or not- should be kicked to the curb. But if course you are right, without knowing you’re being treated badly you will not know to get rid of them. But once are, I don’t think they deserve to learn boundaries I think they need to go.

It may be true most people do not ensure good treatment but it is also true that
    Not all people take advantage of others — unless they realize they can’t.’ There are people with enough confidence to bring others up instead of pushing them down.

These are the people worth calling friend. IMO😌

😊 🌈🦋✨

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 8

• Sadly that's the reality. Many won't treat with respect if they notice you feel down or you are not doing Ok. We live in a jungle even surrounded by buildings.

• Good stuff! Very motivating and positive! Great take! It's important to know the bad thoughts to weed them out and let the good words take root

• What is with the overly edited photos of yourself in all your mytakes at least the ones I was have seen. Are you that into yourself that you need to post photos of yourself constantly be it different photos or the same one over and over etc again.

• people will always try to bring each other down, even within friend groups.
    it's the matter of how you deal with that.

• It's the way of the world's unfortunately

• Cool write-up.
    I like it

• Why do you always take weird photos of yourself?

• It's not an issue if she does it. It starts to become one when she posts it here and those heavily photoshopped things are 2/3 of the whole article. Would be even 3/4 if she compressed the text a bit and removed unneeded space. Somebody mistyped "instagram" in the web browser quite badly.

What Girls Said 2

• I agree with all this, I know for myself I can become railroaded if i don't set boundaries and stick my head out. This is great advice as always, good my take girl haha

• Good take