The Three Things I Am Afraid Of

Hello, I've been challenged by @DM_ME_PUPPERS to present what I am afraid of.

Suggested reading track:

Kiss of Death English Version by Amalee

1. Never having a relationship

My greatest fear is to live my whole life single. It's like a specter constantly haunting every waking moment. One albatross around my neck. I'm often awake to the early morning hour of one unable to dull the feeling. All my friends throughout my life have said "you'll find someone some day" and I'm so fucking sick of that piss-ass saying. Some people die without ever having a relationship. This is a fact of life and at this point, approaching my 30's, its looking more and more like I'm one of those people. In this point in my life all of friends have their own little families. I've already been to a few weddings and even though I was happy for them, it stung. Some day doesn't come for everyone. This is up there with the "there's someone for everyone" cliche. How can people constant say such a thing? What statistical proof do they have for these? There isn't any, because it isn't true.

2. Never creating a book series or novel that will be published

With self-publishing on the rise, you can now bypass the traditional route, but there are still some of us out there that prefer going through the old method. Sure, I have already written two works of fiction that were over fifty thousand words each but, those are now lost forever because I was too stupid to back up my work. If there is one big obstacle for me, it’s fear. I know I don't have previous work published and I am also painfully aware of some of the pitfalls. I hope fruitlessly that my writing will continually improve and that I will be successful. I just want to make a mark on the world, to tell stories even after I've faded away.

3. It may seem juvenile but I am afraid of what comes after death

There is only one guarantee in life. It's that no matter what we do to delay it, we'll die. We are all dust in the wind. I'm afraid of not existing. I don't want to fade, I don't want to extinguish, and yet, that is all that we are fated to do, like a candle in the wind. In most ways it feels like a curse you’re forced to deal with it. But at the same time life does have its very nice moments/qualities that make you grateful to be a living human being. I'm so grateful to have some really good people in my life. If it wasn't for them, I would have committed suicide years ago when I hit rock bottom. I was so depressed.

Anyway, that's it for my rambling.

As always, #Challengeyourself

and I'm trying to get this as a hashtag just because I think it's silly.

#HoraHoraAliceWantsToGoTrickOrTreatingButLukaDontWannaGo

Regards

That Briguy

1629

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Everything you listed here is a major fear that a lot of people are conflicted with on a daily basis including myself and others that posted here!

It's never a comfortable feeling to be alone all the time and some people want to find that significant other who can complete their empty heart with so much warmth of happiness, intimacy and of course, love! What people tell you about you finding that special someone some day isn't all entirely true and it makes me think they are simply saying it to give you hope. A lot of people may enjoy the idea of having independence and complete freedom over their life schedule for a period of time but eventually that feeling of being wanted and loved will come around.

For your fear of never getting recognized for your work; we all want to feel like we've accomplished something in our lives that falls under something we're passionate about and in your case, it's either making a novel or book series! Trial and errors will happen along the way but enough perseverance and practice will make it easier for you to make your mark on the world someday! As long as you never give in laziness or the influence of others to tell you to stop, I feel you'll reach this goal of yours eventually!

For death, it's the uncertainty of not knowing where you'll end up. If we knew our lives would be better than this one, I'm sure a lot of people would have taken their lives already to jump ahead. If it would be worse, we'd try everything in our power to live as long as we could in constant fear every day. When you appreciate life and the people who helped you throughout it, you're afraid of losing them; that you either start at square one in the next life or like you said, could end up not existing. We can't be afraid of the unknown but to simply embrace it when it happens. Death is about the only thing in life that's certain. I used to be afraid of it because I cherished so many people in my life but why not live life to the fullest instead? You're still fairly young; enjoy life as it is until the candle fades your lifespan!

This was well thought-out and highly relatable to many of us including myself! It's really refreshing when people express themselves so deeply like this :)

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 15

• cool take man. about the last part, yeah its not totally proven that there's an afterlife, yet its not disproven either. I've heard stories of near-death experiences and even experiences people have where they die but they see their own body and doctors and everything around them. when they come back they usually tell their story to the doctors and its usually hella accurate to what was going on around their body after death. even one of my grandparents experienced it.

• I'd say my biggest fear is the supernatural and the dark; and for a while I thought that was my biggest fear but it's not.

My biggest fear is not succeeding in life. I'm a very ambitious person. I want to have the career of my dreams, and if I don't I'll feel like a failure. I don't want to be a loser. I want to be known for how much I did in life.

• If it makes you feel better death doesn't wield a scythe and don't be afraid of what comes after death. Just go with the flow man. 😎 Go where life takes ya.

• Don't be so scared of the unknown you need more faith in yourself your a awesome person who I'm sure will succeed

• My biggest fear is to never find true love. I have been a romantic all throughout my life and so imagining not having love in the future is a really scary thing

• 1. Are you putting yourself out there? there's 7 billion people in this world, i find it hard to believe you can't find a nice woman who would be interested in you. Try sprucing yourself, get a nice hair cut, nicer clothing and just better grooming. It will help your appearence and confidence.
    2. Just keep doing your best with your writing and making yourself known. Get on sites like tumblr, facebook, anything that will get the word out about your work
    3. There life after death, death isn't permanent. God has always been with us and is still with us, and from what reading you sound a little lost. Now a days people don't try to search for God cause their hearts and minds and clothes, but anybody who search's for God will find God.

• When ur ex started to be fuck around ur friends with his family. Nightmares

• Noiceeeee bruhhhh

• Nice take 😊

• Good take.

• Show more from Girls
    5

What Guys Said 28

• As for 3, for me it's more like I'd be most concerned how the entire process of exiting out of this world is going to be like, most definitely miserable and filled with agony and suffering, maybe less maybe more. I mean honestly, how often do people get an easy, peaceful, quiet, comfy exit out of this world? Hardly ever happens, those that did die in their sleep peacefully and quietly, they just got lucky apparently. Others not so much. I wouldn't worry so much about whatever comes after since I believe that the consciousness that we have is gone completely it's like we're completely asleep but without the whole dreaming process or having any nightmares. Everything is just blank, we forget everything. And then we only exist as memories in the lives of those that we had left any sort impression, made any sort of difference, or had any kind of impact on, regardless of good or bad. But eventually with time, we'll all become forgotten one way or another either way. You leave only a mark, a story of your own to tell and then just maybe that story you told to them would be passed onto others. So keep it up with your goal of writing and creating a story or stories that you want to tell to others; to tell the world.

We all have to deal with it now one way or another, and just learn to live with it because it's not our choice and decision to come here into this world, and I even asked a question here once about if you knew that and inevitable and guaranteed death was the price, the catch of being involved in this kind of a world and you are fully aware and informed and is also given the choice of other never being part of it, to never come here (never born) then would you have taken it? I probably would have. But since none of us can rewind, change, or have any control over this, we can only go forward and just live our lives the best that we possibly could do one day at a time. Since it's inevitable that all of our time will eventually be up, we might as well make the most of whatever time that we have left, and we can't be certain exactly when our time is going to be up.

• First of all, the key to getting in a relationship is caring enough about another person to love them and them love you back. If you are a narcissist, then that will never happen. Second, find a good writer group to help you formulate your stories and develop characters. Great works of literature take practice, thought, and time. Use better writers than you to sharpen your skills. Finally, we are all going to die. The mortality rate at 120 years is 100%. You can visit churches and philosophies and read books of people who allegedly died and came back, but in the end, no one ultimately comes back from death, unless you count Jesus. After many years, I’ve decided that I need to live as long as I can, as well as I can. That means adding a rigorous exercise regimen, and watching how much I eat. I want to be healthy and lively into my 80’s as I watch elderly relatives age, get sick, and die. It ain’t pretty!

• What comes after death, the angel or angels of death approach your soul and they will reflect on your life whether you were a good person who believed in God or not. If someone was simply someone living a life of fun and games and not caring about God... Well, I got news for people, it's not going to be fun since it's for an eternity in hell.

• don't worry about #3, without a brain you can't perceive time, space, thought, feeling or consciousness. just worry about how painful death will be and you're good

• I swear, I know I've said this before but, if I didn't my account and if I was reading this not knowing it was me, I'd think it was me writing this.

It's exactly what I'm afraid of. Everything you mentioned.

• The thing that scares me the most is the fact that my parents won't be with me forever 😔.
    Also, the first thing in your list (never having a relationship) and not scoring high enough in my examinations spook me out.

• Don't worry About #s 1 or 2. They'll come in time.

Just don't think About #3- it will drive you crazy if you do.

• You want me to do one of deez?
    Hmm...
    Okay then ^__^

• 1. Yes, some people die without chasing pussy. Like newton/tesla/davinci.
    Big deal. JK... I know you care.
    I'm sure you can do it but your logical mind deduced it as impossible for you. Which I can't debate you because your IQ is like 400, so try being/doing/saying the opposite. By the way, girls in the 30s are easier and more mature. You'd want them there instead of dealing with the "am i fat" BS in their early 20s. Just don't give up... ever

2. Keep writing. Do you have any idols? Do you know why they're your heroes? I bet most of them went through a similar thing. Don't think you're dumb for doing that. We all do stupid shit lol. Laugh and do it again. 50k words is a lot but look at our generation lol. Not many people read anymore and if they do it's audiobooks now. :)

3. Pretend another sperm beat you to the egg when you're about to die (that's all i have for that one)

• 1. Rejection and never experiencing being loved
    2. Miss the fun side of life because of my shyness
    3. Failure to get a good job

• Show more from Guys
    18