My Top 10 Obsessions as a Kid in the 90's

Every generation has some sort of craze for people and kids to obsess over. The 90's is no exception to that rule. There were a multitude of things for kids in the 90's to go gaga over. So, here is the top 10 things I was mildly to extremely obsessed over.

I'm starting from 10 and working my way down to my number 1 obsession. Let's begin.

10. Lisa Frank

I loved Lisa Frank between the bright, bold colors and the cute animals, what girl wouldn't like Lisa Frank? I had Lisa Frank pencils, folders, note books and I believe stickers. It was awesome. I believe Lisa Frank is still around even today.

I believe I had this exact folder and or notebook.

9. Spice Girls

Not only did I see this movie but I had this movie.

I was a HUGE Spice Girls fan, they were awesome! I had both Spice Girl Audio Cassette tapes, the Spice Girl movie , a Spice Girl magazine and I was even Sporty Spice for Halloween when I was in the 5th grade. Got to love the Spice Girls!

I had every doll here except Ginger Spice.

8. Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen

I had this video and maybe the book too.

Yes, there was a time I was quite the fan of the Olsen twins. I watched their made for television movies, I have their movie It Takes Two, I read The Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley books and I saw the movies (even had some of them). I even watched their Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley cartoon. If the Olsen twins were in it, I probably saw it. I wasn't an over the top fan but it was enough of an interest to make this list.

7. Beanie Babies

I had this Beanie Baby bear. I believe his name was Almond.

I loved Beanie Babies, I pretty much had most of them but I got them more for cute animal purposes then I did for collecting. So, I usually cut the tags off. I even had a Beanie Baby that had my exact same birthday. Along with that, I also had a Beanie Baby magazine and a Beanie Baby poster.

6. Goosebumps

I had at least 3 or 4 books from this group.

I LOVED Goosebumps! I had pretty much every Goosebumps book R.L. Stein wrote. I watched the Goosebumps series that was on television every week. If it had something to do with Goosebumps, chances are I would be into it. Along with the books I also had Goosebumps T-shirts, folders, trading cards and even a flashlight. Goosebumps rocked!

That's the flashlight I had.
That's the flashlight I had.

5. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

I had this board game.
I had this board game.

I can't think of one kid who probably wasn't infatuated with the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, back in the 90's . I watched the show, I had the movie and I even had a video of one of the episodes having to do with the Pink Ranger. Along with that I had a stuffed pink ranger, I had a Trini doll, I had a Power Rangers Board game, I had a Power Rangers electronic game, I had Power Rangers folders and of course Power Ranger books . I even had Power Ranger shoe laces. I loved those Power Rangers!

I had this electronic game.
I had this electronic game.

4. Disney

I was very into Disney when I was a kid. I saw most every Disney movie and I have most of them (except for a few). I had Disney related clothes, pajamas, toys, dolls, pillows, stuffed animals, you name it, I probably had it. Definitely a big Disney fan.

However, there are three Disney movies I accumulated a large amount of stuff from. Those movies are as follows.

Aladdin

I had this doll.
I had this doll.

I loved Aladdin! Definitely my number one favorite Disney movie. I must of watched it a bunch of times. Obviously I had the Aladdin movie along with having the Return of Jafar. Aside from those movies I also had Jasmine and Aladdin dolls. I had Jasmine and Rajah bed sheets. I had a Jasmine and Rajah t-shirt. I had many different kinds of Aladdin toys. I even had the Aladdin movie poster which I got from our local video store. Needless to say I had a lot of Aladdin inspired things. I know I probably forgot something but this is the jist of what I had.

I had that castle and those figures. (I had four other Disney ones, as well).

Beauty and the Beast

I had this game.
I had this game.

My second favorite Disney movie would be Beauty and the Beast, my favorite character being Chip the cup. Though I had many things from the movie Aladdin, I had even more stuff from Beauty and the Beast. I had a Beauty and the Beast sleeping bag, tent, tote bag (I guess you could call it), book, board game, sweat shirt, toys, the movie poster and obviously the movie itself. Again, I know I'm forgetting something but these are the things I remember having.

I had this book, the icons on the side made different sounds.

Pocahontas

I think I had this backpack.
I think I had this backpack.

I'm not sure where on the favorite scale this movie falls for me but I did have a lot of Pocahontas related things. I had a backpack, lunch box, beach towel, toys, clothes, sound track on audio cassette tape. I even had a Pocahontas doll. Of course, I also had the movie. I may have had more things but this is what I recollect.

I had this doll, her hair changed color in the water.

3. Stuffed Animals

I had this Care Bear Elephant. (actually, I still have it in a bag in the attic).

I love animals and all kids love stuffed animals but even now I still love them. I had like five bags of stuffed animals in the attic (now it's down to one) but I had a TON of stuffed animals as a kid. Any kind you can think of, I had. Despite my age, I actually still have some now. I suppose every adult has their one child like thing and for me it's stuffed animals. They bring me comfort when I'm sad or scared or anxious. So, if that's the only immature thing about me then so be it. I own it completely.

2. Barbie

I had this lunch box set.
I had this lunch box set.

I had pretty much any Barbie they came out with in the 90's, name one and I probably had it. I had quite a few of them. I'd say maybe around 20 or 30+ (I'm not certain on the exact number) but it was a lot. Along with that I had a Barbie match game, lunch box, coloring books, regular books, radio, many Barbie accessories such as clothes, shoes, purses, cars, a house, a stable, etc etc. All of which was for the Barbies themselves. I liked Barbie so much I even had a Barbie birthday cake for my birthday one year. I can't forget that I also had Barbie roller skates and a Barbie suitcase. I was definitely a Barbie fan.

I had this Barbie house.
I had this Barbie house.

1. Tweety Bird

I had that Tweety mug.
I had that Tweety mug.

My number one obsession though, was Tweety Bird. I don't think there's one Tweety related thing I didn't have. This is an extensive list because I love that little yellow canary so much! I had Tweety, t-shirts, pajamas, overalls (both winter and summer). I had a Tweety backpack. I had Tweety purses, necklaces, earrings, slippers, hair scrunchy's. I had Tweety stuffed animals, a mug, a coffee cup (which I still have), a mouse pad (which I also still have). I had a Tweety glass. I had a Tweety toothbrush, toothpaste, bath gel and a Tweety straw. I had a Tweety pillow and bed sheets. I had a Tweety picture. I had an enormous amount of Tweety things, so many that I know I'm forgetting a lot. You get the idea though how obsessed I was with this yellow bird lol.

Those were my childhood obsessions. Feel free to share yours.

1919
loveisbeautiful is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girls

• YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

I loved all those things growing up too! I even had the same Barbie Dollhouse and Beauty Abd The Beast book. I remember hitting the button for the shimmering mirror, twinkling dropping rose petals, and Maurice's machine until the battery died and the rose actually sounded like it was dying

I had two huge tubs of Barbies, a Barbie motorhome, a Barbie yellow Slug Bug VW. I also had a Disney villains picture book you could flip their bodies and faces around

I was also obsessed with Fashion Polly and Polly Pocket. I had tubs full of them too

The one thing I would add to your list that isn't up there is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Being a 90s kid wasn't being a 90s kid if you didn't watch TMNT growing up

• Very true, I did watch the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles all the time. Loved that showed. I just didn't own any Ninja Turtle related things.

• This bought back so many memories of my childhood! I had that Barbie house!! 😂 And the Aladdin playset & Jasmine doll! I was born in the early 80’s & was in my late childhood/early teens during the early 90’s so I remember it well!

Most Helpful Guys

• Very good take. I was born in 1995, so I really didn't start to obsess till a bit later. My obsessions as a child were the following, which explains a lot

• OMG this was awesome thanks it brought back a lot of memories. I feel for kids today it's almost we where the last generation who got to just be kids

Join the discussion

1717
  • So I was born in 93'. Just in time for the wave of Japanese kids cartoons and sports cars.

Gameboy, Toonami, Digimon, Dragonball, Gundam, Pokemon, Fast and Furious.

Pop-punk music, ska, tony hawk.

All that is long gone these days. It was alk done for by 2008. But damn, 95-07' was awesome.

• Street Sharks Street Sharks Street Shar.. actually the irony is I only became obsessed with Street Sharks this decade. I watched it then but it's only now I got obsessed with it.

No just shit like Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Gladiators, Kim from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Jason and the Argonauts, Billy from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Fantasia, Zack from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, dinosaurs, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie

• Even though I'm not a 90's kid I loved the goosebumps series even if a few episodes made me piss myself... Can we also all express our hatred for furbys cause I hated those demons

• OMG I HAD A SOUND BOOK JUST LIKE THAT AS A KID! Same with the tweety bird cup and the lunch box! Also used to do inline skatting a lot too with tamagotchi.

• Those skip jumper things that was like a ball and chain that you swung around your ankle😂

• It was called a skip-it. They had the bootleg ones too which weren't worth the right or more dollars they sold for.

• goood taste love a trip down memory lane. its very late 90s but as u can see the powerpuff girls

• Awwww! I was obsessed with all of these things 😻😻😻🥰🥰🥰

• Gangbanging, TRL, N sync, spice girls, bevis and butthead, overalls, cross colors, s curls, bomber jackets, Britney spires

• Only if I were old enough to remember the "Good old 90s" ^^;

• I had a tweety bird mug too. I loved barbies and I was obsessed with Britney Spears.
    I wore denim short overalls.

• I can relate with the Aladdin obsession because of the game. I played that game way to much. Also the Lion king game.

• Lisa frank, Pocahontas, beauty and the beast, power rangers the list goes on

• If you are interested in writing, R. L. Stein offers a class on it on that Masterclass website.

• I loved a lot of those things growing up as well.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

• My nieces liked some of those. I bought one the Power Rangers board game.

• Yes very cute, very adorable, hope you had time for your homework.

• never had any of them i collected hot wheels an glasses from fast food places

• For me it was Duelmasters cards, pokemon, superheroes, and other stuff.

• You were one cool kid lol

• Tamagotchis

• Memories

• Pet Rocks and Lava lamps was my generation

• We had lava lamps too, I remember because my younger cousin had one. Pet rocks is that 70's or 80's?

• 60's70's
      Pet rock
      Molded Plastic Playsets (Army Men, Cowboys & Indians, Civil War, Farm, etc.)
      Die-Cast Model Cars, Trucks & Other Vehicles (Corgi, Matchbox, etc.)
      Barbie & Accessories
      Electric Sports Games (Football, Baseball, Hockey & Basketball)
      Hamilton’s Invaders
      Baby Dolls
      Electric Ovens
      Steel Kitchen Appliances
      Plastic Dishes
      G. I. Joe
      Typewriters
      Wacky Windups
      Pinball Machines
      Liddle Kiddle Toys
      Batman Toys
      Talking Toys & Pull-String Toys
      Stuffed Animals
      Disney Toys (Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, etc.)
      Warner Brothers Toys (Bugs Bunny, Road Runner, Yosemite Sam, etc.)
      Troll Dolls
      Walking Dolls
      Go-Go The Burro
      Punch-Me Inflatable Punching Bags
      Dennis the Menace Toys
      Popeye Toys
      Bozo the Clown Toys
      Flintstones Toys
      Electric Trains (Lionel)
      Rag Dolls (Raggedy Ann & Andy)
      Peanuts Toys (Snoopy & Charlie Brown)
      Thingmaker
      Electric Race Cars
      Miniature Doll Houses
      Wind-Up & Friction Powered Cars & Trucks
      Pedal Cars & Trucks
      Playskool Toys
      Portable Phonographs
      War Toys like Guns, Sword, Cannons & Tanks
      LEGO Bricks & Playsets
      Chatty Cathy
      Little Miss Echo
      Posy Pixies
      Skipper
      Tressy
      Francie
      Jack-in-the-Box
      Johnny Speed Race Car
      Image Projectors
      Rocking Horses
      Petal People
      Hippity Hop Inflatable Ride-A-Ball

• Oddly enough, I'm familiar with many of those things.

• The collection of Pokemon cards

• Good take

• I loved lisa frank and Paul frank

• No Pokemon?

• I love lisa frank as a kid

• Darkwing Duck

• Apart from power rangers I dodged all of these

• Interesting mytake, thanks for sharing!

• Subbuteo... Guys?

• I used to love goose bumps!

• Awesome

• Real nostalgia hours