2 mo

English accent variations

Aguysopinion4799

This post is dedicated to @SALIM28 and it will be a series of posts with different accents from different parts in England, including pronunciation, slang and even situations when a accent may be dropped depending on casual company.

The English accent varies so ridiculously that it makes sense for non-natives to be confused, our accent and language is so broad that even others in England can get confused by one another's accent :D

So explaining our accents via letters is far too difficult for myself, and so I decided that providing videos for people to listen to would be a lot more effective, I hope they provide a bit of guidance when hearing each one!

First we have Liverpool, this accent is one that is tough to get if you don't interact with them frequently. I can assure you that I do not live in Liverpool and I have spoken with Scousers before, most the time I have trouble keeping up with them :p

We have Cockney which is in the London area and is more different once again. Cockney is a accent that I know and have experienced multiple times from friends as a number of them do live over in those parts whereas I live further from there. Keeping up with this accent is pretty easy for me, since I am well acquainted with it :)

I can't include every single area in one post, but here is some slang as well

Thank you for reading and I will be providing more in the future! ^_^

English accent variations
4
4

Most Helpful Guys

• ChiPaPa
    I find accents to be interesting and attractive but I'll probably never remember where someone is from by their accent.
    Is this still revelant?
    • It won't just be you mate, a lot of people have the same trouble :)

• @Aguysopinion4799 - no it'd just be non-UKers who widely can't tell. Most born & bred UKers can tell where someone's from by their accent & the dialect they use.

• SALIM28
    Oh man🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩
    It was damn surprising I really didn't expect it🤩
    Thank u bro😃👍
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girls

• omgjassy
    I knew since Georgie shore
    Is this still revelant?
    • :D I might encourage people to make one of these of their own countries language, I am intrigued to know the differences.

• omgjassy

They copied it from jersey shore

• SecretGardenBlood65
    Good take.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

22
  • claryy
    I am non-native but I am a languages student, at the begging it was really confusing to heard to all this different accents but now it isn't not a big problem for me.
  • Bluemax
    Interesting.

And she was totally flirting with Paul the cockney
  • ProfessionalMusician
    Interesting being from England or decended from Sir John Mallory Studely Royal Hall 1655
  • Clueless4sure
    Manchester!!!😍😍😍