1 mo

Im kidding I was just joking. This does not absolve you from anything.

This was posted at one point on this forum as a Q&A..

One thing you never will see me do. And that is smile. I dont smile. I can't smile

Why may you ask. Well. For years people been saying to me "Im kidding calm down" "I was only joking". So they can not be held liable for anything. This includes keying my car, putting tacs on my seat, throwing an egg or snowball at me.

Why do people find it funny to mock someone based on their looks, what they drive, how they talk, how they act and most importantly political affiliation.

This also includes cyber bullying if you dont share the same political views..

So if you ask why I dont smile. Well here's my reason. I dont laugh because Im tired of hearing "Im just joking"..

1
3

Most Helpful Girl

• lilyanony1
    I have to say something. I have clicked on this originally I saw a couple of photos one man in B&W, stick men with words and a yellow bubble. When I scrolled to reread the content I cannot see it. I also tried to look on your profile but it is private. I'm am not entirely sure where the content is. So I am unable to say much more than. I agree when people bully and make fun of you and or decide that actually they're joking it's not nice because well you're the butt of the joke.
    Personally I agree it does make it hard to find reasons to smile.
    I'd love to write more but I don't want to say the wrong thing.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Added you as a friend so you can see my content

• lilyanony1

Thank you hun. Thank you hun. My mum and I had a conversation last night where I explained to her the feeling of being burdened with guilt to not be able to lead my life fully, when I broke things down for her she huffed and puffed argued a little then went silent after telling me that she is a terrible person and doesn't deserve to have anyone decent in her life.
      Anyways here's reasons why. Growing up I was taught to be seen not heard.
      If I was inquisitive about her stuff I would be told not to touch it.
      When I had a cup given to me as a gift I wasn't allowed to keep it for myself my parents would use it then snap and call me childish for getting upset.
      When I wanted to do certain hobbies I was criticised or laughed at. Sometimes asked if I thought I was white for wanting to do certain things.
      My hobbies were chosen for me then unsupported.
      When I was a tomboy I was criticised, when I started exploring certain clothes breaking away from the old. I wasn't even allowed to pick the item up as my mum would have a list of insults so I'd be too ashamed to pick it up.
      When I would be sat watching the TV my parents would sit just watching me, I wouldn't notice until suddenly they would start laughing. It never felt good.
      I could list more.
      I understand completely what you are saying. In any situation that is remotely like this it feels like harassment.
      It's a very unkind thing to so and they should be held accountable. Joke or kit.

• lilyanony1

*not.

Most Helpful Guy

• GoodGuyBreakingBad
    This was very well written and thanks for sharing your MyTake
    I do agree it gets to me when people say oh "I'm just joking"
    this means nothing when one bullies, bullying is bullying no
    matter what way we see things
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

02

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!