Do you believe that the calling something "boring" is subjective?

• Yes
    74%(39)74%(75)Vote75%(36)
  • No
    6%(3)7%(7)Vote8%(4)
  • It depends, you know
    20%(11)19%(19)Vote17%(8)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't really know if there is a way something could be objectively boring... trying to think of something that could be classified as objectively boring

• what does it mean to be objectively something?

• ohh i see thanks
      so how about when they say attraction is subjective? can attraction be objective?

• @COCOCHANEL i'd tend to think not. at least in terms of how attractive. like you may think someone is hot and i may think they are attractive and most people may agree that they are at least attractive but there are always going to be people who say they are not

objectivity really comes from being able to prove something is fact live via science, math, or something whereas subjectivity is primarily associated with one's personal belief

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 11

• Yes, typically to say something is "boring" is subjective, unless it's an M. Night Shyamalan film.

• Subjectively, yeah. Good example is some people want to play games like farmville and I would rather watch paint dry than that garbage.

• No sometimes things dont provide enough stimulation to be interesting so some things will always be boring, like funerals for example.

• Well for the big majority it's subjective, but ehh for the rest it kinda depends.
    I mean, watching paint dry for 10 hours straight, just IS boring xD that's objective haha

• Overall, yes. Boring for, person to person, is a different definition

• Boring = speaking about things I'm not interested in. Doing things I'm not interested in.

• Absolutely. I love destinationless driving but others would probably think it's boring.

• Depends on the thing

• completely subjective in my opinion

• everything is subjective.

prove that there is an objective thing that is boring.

• It depends, you know

What Girls Said 8

• My sister thinks he's rock collection is really interesting so she takes pics of it and posts it to IG. She thinks my photography is boring though so yes "boring" is very subjective.

• yeah of course, it's an opinion

• Yes, but some things are almost universally boring - i. e., most people would find them boring - but never all. So subjective, yes, but there are variant degrees of it - depending on how many people agree or disagree with it - could be generallized.

• It definitely is. What is interesting to one person could be a total snoozefest to another.

• As a kid I'd complain to my mom that I was bored her reply to this was only the boring are bored! She'd ask me if I was boring of course I'd say no then she'd say well there ya go. Read a book! Oh how I hated that at the age of 10! Lol

• Of course it is.

• Yea its subjective because its a personal opinion. Some people found the new Star Trek movie boring, and some found it very entertaining. Its all subjective to what the person thinks.

• i guess it is yeah