Do you think crying in public is embarrassing or humiliating?

I'm a crybaby. I cry in the movies, I cry in concerts, I even cry if I'm upset in public. Do you feel embarrassed if crying in public or is it just natural in some situations? I feel like people stare a lot, so it's embarrassing, even though I shouldn't care what other people think of me.

• Yes
  • No
  • Sometimes (please explain)
    Vote C
  • Other/results
    Vote D
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1328

What Guys Said 28

• I find it really hard to cry, not because I think I shouldn't as a man is not supposed to cry just because I can't.
    but if its my partner who is emotional , I find it really adorable
    I do look at people who cry, not stare, because I have a default reflex to know what's been bothering them or if there is anything that I am in a capacity to do to help them

• I think sometimes it can be. However, I generally don't like showing strong emotions in public and I've also been raised in a culture where it is somewhat frowned upon to show strong emotions in public (positive or negative).
    I don't judge others for crying in public as long as it isn't too loud but I wouldn't personally do it.

Exceptions are of course very serious, dramatic events. If a loved one gets hurts, it's understandable to cry loudly and I wouldn't judge anyone in that situation.

• I don't think it's an issue at all. You'd tend to just look and think "Hmm, I wonder what she's upset about?" and that's it. You don't think "Wow, what a sappy bitch".

• At some points there are times when people cried, it annoy the h out of me. But it doesn't matter, its their eyes, its their emotion their body and soul, the can do whatever they want with it. Only innocent people can cried over small thing tho.

• It can be embarassing if you cry super loud and make a scene but I assume you dont do that so its fine. Crying is normal

• I haven't been able to cry for a long time and it is building up inside me, it has happened to me before I was in a bad situation before and my parents helped me out, I was sitting on the sofa with my mum one day watching a film and I just started crying but it was this paralyzing crying where I couldn't speak, just a massive release of emotion.

• Well, if we are debating this...
    So, we basicly cry for 4 reasons:
    - when sad
    - when happy
    - when frustrated
    - when our eyes NEED to be rehydrateded

I belive you ask if it is "embarrasing to cry" from sadness in public. I deduce it because the other ones are just... not due to sadness (?) that is considered a emotion of weak people.

In my opinion tho, to cry in public (from sadness) is not only brave but its also... beautifull! I don't wanna get cheesy or anything, but, what is there to be ashamed of while presenting the most healthy, human, strong thing we could do? I don't care if it is because my girlfriend left me, my hamster died, whatevesss...

It's an interesting how I untill I was 11 years I was THE CRYING BABY, but now I can't cry (from sadness and joy of course) 3 years now. I just REALLY, REALLY wanted to be able to do it... Doctors also say that it would be good for my pre-depression, but who knows right? NOT THEM, RIGHT? AM I RITE? AF? AH? A HUH?

• Embarrassing yes, humiliating depends on why you are crying. If it's something minor, then yeah I'd consider it humiliating as well. Though to be fair, I'm not exactly comfortable crying, whether I'm alone, with just one person or in public.

• Depends, some tears and sniffles is absolutely fine most of the time. Full on bawling and crying mitt be a bit much, but again, that depends à bit on the context.

I don't really cry, I'm just not that kind of guy (not even people I knew died), but I don't think any less of people (especially guys!) that do.

• when I cry in public it embarrassing to me because I hate showing signs of weakness when others cry it's not embarrassing I usually become concerned even if I hate them to the soul because I'm not a nice person but I am not a jerk most of the time

• If my brother died I would collapse in public. I wouldn't care. If I cried because my girlfriend left me, Id be embarrassed af

• Yes...

• I do, I don't often cry, so if I do it's for a good reason, but it's still awkward. Last time would've been at my grandmother's funeral.

• I'm so bad at crying that i suffer from dry eye. Can't remember the last time I cried.

• it's embarrassing to me because if people see me crying they will laugh, "how is that, a boy... that cries, that should not happen because they're strong and not pussies"
    -the society

• It can be.

• It's embarrassing

• No crying is not embarrassing. I've cried many times around
    my ex girlfriends. So yes it happens

• depends on the reason usually it is though

• Yeah. Unless it's a small child, who the hell wouldn't feel embarrassed and humiliated while crying in public? That's the most childish thing a grown person can do

• No I'm a guy I don't do that so guess sum girls do

• It is a little embarrassing

• All depends the circumstances

• Only if you're crying over something extremely dumb

• who cares what other people think!

• if it's something sad I'll cry in public

• Try to avoid

• neither. it's annoying and pathetic.

• 3d

my guy... you're the type of person thats not going to have a successful relationship😂

• 3d

in this context. what is a successful relationship? a list of criteria.

have I gotten what I want from my relationships? yes mostly.
      Am I married with kids? Thank god no.

• 3d

ok then I would say they're successful

What Girls Said 13

• It's more so embarrassing than it is humiliating. Especially if one is an ugly crier... And with me, if I'm extremely emotional, I become an ugly crier haha It's a natural reaction however, so I don't feel shame or humiliated in crying in public. I just don't go crazy and make a spectacle of myself when the waterworks stream down.

• If I'm crying in public it means I'm going through some real shit and at that point I don't give fuck what people are thinking about me.

• I don't think it is humiliating and I don't see it as a weakness, just someone showing their feelings.
    But the majority of times we are taught that "crying is something little girls do" and "being a little girl" is bad somehow. "Showing emotions is being emotional", and when you are emotional "you are immature or stupid".
    I try to be kind with those who are feeling sad and I laugh and comfort them when it is about something "irrelevant" (like a movie or a video).
    I understand that for some it's easier to reveal their feelings, in my case, crying is private, it is difficult for me to show it to others, but I have always repressed myself in those aspects.

• For the most part no. I'll go to the bathroom or around the corner if I can but I use crying to release excess stress really fast. Shedding a could tears helps prevent my imploding in public and clear my head. Everybody has cried at some point so idc.

• It shows Everyone under the Sun, hun, One is Human Here, dear. xx

• I'd say sometimes bc its like dang what could have them that upset, but then again its like what really has them that upset

• i think it's a bit much...

• I have cried in cinemas xD

• Yes it's embarrassing and I always walk away or try to hold it on

• Humiliating

• Most people don't think it is for girls, but it is for boys. It's kinda dumb.

• Yes. I try to avoid it.

• I feel embarrassed, but lately I've started crying a lot and I'm beginning not to care about it