Would you believe Ursula when she says "It's she who holds her tongue, who gets a man"?

This occurred in the Disney song "Poor Unfortunate Souls", although I'm sure almost everyone has heard this song at least once in their life! Is it true? Women who don't talk much are the ones who get the men?
Would you believe Ursula when she says
  • She's definitely right here!
  • There's some truth to it.
  • Way inaccurate!
    Vote C
  • You're seriously going to believe her?
    Vote D
  • Other (Comment here)
    Vote E

2021

Most Helpful Girls

• Nah. A woman speaks her mind and expresses her feelings, a girl keeps her mouth shut. Relationships don't work out because you don't "annoy" or man or because you're annoying. A man isn't going to want his girlfriend/wife to hold her tongue unless she's just being nasty.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • No, I don’t think there is much merit to this. Most people prefer to be around others who they can hold an interesting, intelligent conversation with and usually want to have some polite debate. I know I could never be able to be near some ‘yes’ man who only ever agrees with me because that would get dull fast.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guys

• I couldn't be in a relationship with someone who couldn't hold an in depth conversation with their own opinions that won't always line up with mine, otherwise it just isn't fun. I would only ever date outspoken women as long as they weren't rude or confrontational

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • You are kind of misinterpreting what she is saying. Holding your tongue esentially means that you aren't argumentative. In this case Ursula is saying how the girl who doesn't question what a man says gets the guy. It is a fairly sexist comment but was accurate for the time the movie was set. That being said, I'm sure most respectable men would want a woman who spoke up if she didn't agree with something. After all marriage is about two people making decisions together, not about one calling the shots and the other just being along for the ride.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE