Is it a deal breaker to be 25 and still live with your parents?

I’m a 25 year old girl. I have a degree. I have a good paying job. I’m very independent. I just still happen to live with my mom. Is that something that guys consider a deal breaker?

37172

Most Helpful Guys

• You went to college. It's almost a given you'll live with your parents for a while. You don't just graduate, get the top pay grade of your field and have all your loans paid off. It's not a turn off unless you have no desire to get out of that situation within the next 3-5 years

• I actually got a job that pays higher than my mom and she has her own degree and great paying job. It’s just temporary because I’m saving and currently applying to medical schools.

• No, it's fine. At least in California (and I know many other places), housing costs went way up after the recession started to ease, and few people can afford to live alone anymore. A friend of mine had been renting a 2-bedroom apartment (800 sq feet) for $2000/month, and they raised her rent to $2400/month, and then to $2600. She ended up moving into an "inlaw unit", which is basically a small studio apartment, as she couldn't afford that rent.

I just worked on a 2-car garage that was converted into an upscale studio apartment in Oakland - and not in the nice areas in the hills, but in the run-down (but quickly gentrifying) area near downtown. That studio is renting for $3000/month, and the guy who moved in feels fortunate to live there. There were over 30 applications for that space.

• Yeah I worked in Cali my lot rent to park my camper was $1600 a month I don’t know how people do it

• how do you live in California and pay those taxes? That's what everyone I know always says about California. The taxes.

• @pooper89 Wages are higher on average, but it also means a lot of young adults have to keep living with their parents for longer than perhaps used to be common - or maybe need 2 or 3 roommates to rent a house together.

Most Helpful Girls

• The guy I’m seeing is 36 and lives with his grandma and it’s not a dealbreaker for me. I actually have more respect for him because of it. He moved in with her when he split with his last girlfriend to help her out because she was on her own but did not want to move into a nursing home and needed help.

• Not a deal breaker, but as a guy whose not looking to rush into anything serious quickly I can see it being kind of a big deterrent. I mean, your mom will probably know a lot of what happens of your dates, she'll know the night you first (and always) have sex, and you'll meet her mom anytime to go over to her place, even just to drop her off. even if she's a cooler mom, shell always be "more there" and that's a lot of pressure to add when you're still figuring out if you have chemistry/genuinely like each other, and not just measuring up to more than one person standard.

• Exactly.. A lot of pressure..

• Well.. My mom the same for me.. I'm only child. That's because we boys don't see all the things that woman can see