Male Suffered From Horrific Domestic Abuse Speaks Out As Ex-GF Is Jailed

Alex Skeel met his ex-girlfriend Jordan Worth in a drama production, he was with his ex-girlfriend Jordan Worth for 5 years and suffered horrible domestic abuse.

She pulled pranks like telling Alex his grandad had died and soon started controlling his social media and who he hung out with until she eventually destroyed his phone.

"I had no way of contacting anyone. She told me if I ever tried to leave she would kill me"

Worth was the first girlfriend Alex had ever had. “She was the only girl who seemed to have been interested in me up to then."

When he moved in with her, Worth made Alex sleep on the floor for nine months and kept him from

talking to his family and friends.

(Viewers got a brief look at the scars on his arms)

"She'd wait until I was asleep then hit me on the head with a bottle. Then she moved on to a hammer. Started hitting me everywhere - shins, arms, head. She started stabbing me with a knife, hit me like it was a weapon. It would leave big gashes that were untreated."

Even when worried neighbours called police, he pretended his injuries were self-inflicted.
Medics found burns and stab wounds, but still Alex returned to the house he shared with Worth.
Days later, a police officer persuaded him to tell the truth.

"He saved my life," he is grateful, “I suppose I thought to myself this was how relationships were, but I know now it wasn’t normal.

Worth was arrested and Alex was taken to a hotel for the night and given a McDonald’s meal. “I hadn’t eaten properly in nine months. I was starving and it was the best meal I’d had in all that time.” At that time he was weighed only 44kg, with open wounds that had been infected.

“I was told if I had stayed much longer I would have died. The doctors and the police were of the same opinion — that I had about ten days left.”

Jordan has been jailed for seven and a half years for grievous bodily harm with intent and coercive and controlling behaviour. She was also given a restraining order for an indefinite period. Worth and Alex have two children.
Male Suffered From Horrific Domestic Abuse Speaks Out As Ex-GF Is JailedAlex showed the TV hosts of "This Morning" a scar that one of her knife wounds left, adding that if it was a centimetre either side he could have died.

When he was asked why he didn't just leave his abusive partner, he explained that it's not as black and white as that. It's a question that plagues every domestic violence victim and there are several reasons why they stay.

But Alex wanted to tell others, "Talk - if you don't talk about it you're going to get worse. If you talk about it, you're going to get better. Because that's what I did. And look where I am now."

I don't understand why he just didn't leave.. maybe I need to be in his position to understand.. what do you think?

1420

Most Helpful Girl

• People in situations like these tend not to leave because it is what they are used to and think it won't be any different anywhere else.

My friend drives a taxi, he was telling about this one guy he picked up to take to the doctor with a really swollen infected arm. When he picked him up he saw all the cars in the driveway and how bad his arm was and asked why the people he was living with didn't take him or loan him a car, the 50 something year old man said "my father doesn't let me drive"

I've worked with a lot of girls in these situations and usually it starts out with them being restrained and kept but over time they are no longer considered a flight risk because it's just "how things are"

The mind adapts to your situation, if something is gradual you might not even notice until you are already to the stage where you are used to it.

• That makes sense I guess.
      You think he's able to be in a relationship ever again after this?
      Or do you think that this is some sort of stockholm syndrome and he'll eventually start
      missing this abuse and wait for her to come out of jail?

• Hard to say since I haven't met him. Nearly every person I have met who was in abusive relationships, if they have a way to support themselves outside of that relationship don't go back to the same person... But nearly always end up with the same type of person even if they directly try to filter that out. It's a vicious cycle and often why people don't see the point to leaving, that is what love looks like. It will depend a lot on the people that they assign to "help him" that can go both ways

• I think you deserve MHO.. you seem very experienced and wise.. which gets emphasized by your age I guess. You're 28. And even though Im an adult I feel like Im a teen talking to an adult when reading your answer. Good job I guess.

Most Helpful Guy

• @Unit1 Here's a horror story you don't want to miss.

• "Even when worried neighbours called police, he pretended his injuries were self-inflicted."

... I have no words for this.

You know, he insisted on it and i would almost say, that he deserved it because he didn't rise above and basically became a cuck, who let that bitch walk all over him. I fail to sympathize with him because it was his life and his choice.

• @Unit1 Gotta luv 'em trolls and haters LOL

• Yeah! Haters are the biggest sorts of fans in fact.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 13

• Absolutely horrifying. I'm glad he got help in the end, even though it had been going on for way too long. I simply cannot understand why people are still so confused about what abuse can do to you. THIS is what abuse does. You can be stabbed, starved and locked up, yet still be too used to the situation to know you have the right to leave. Brainwashing is a real thing that happens to most people in abusive relationships. That's a fact. Instead of asking why the victim didn't leave, didn't do this or that, we should focus all of our attention on the abuser and ask why the fuck they would even do something like that.

• Because they are psychotic sadists that get pleasure out of other peoples harm. And doesn't even have to be sexual pleasure.. it can be psychological pleasure to see the world burn for a psycho. Maybe it has sexual connections, but its rather just being a maniac.. Im happy she's in jail now but Im not sure if an asylum wouldn't have been the better choice. Or jail AND asylum. Like 7 1/2 years and then straight into the asylum until they are sure she's normal again.

• What a psycho bitch. Poor guy. Thank god she's in prison, if not, I think she would have eventually killed him. Stabbing him for fun, hitting him for no reason in his sleep, forcing him to sleep on the floor, and starving him... she was a lunatic. So sad that that monster was his first girlfriend.

• I agree.. he must've been so glad to be finally in the 'adult-world', having a girlfriend he can take love and care for and then gets to mistreated and abused.. I dont know if I ever was able to be in a relationship again if I was him. I would be traumatized. I probably would start working on my looks and then only go for ONS after this..

• *then gets SO mistreated and abused

• His girlfriend was crazy but why didn't he just leave her? Seriously that seems crazy.

• Maybe stockholm syndrome.. or he took her serious when she said that she'd kill him if he tried to leave. So he was scared..

Imagine he just left and one day she finds out where he lives now and starts putting fuel all around his new house, burning him to death or some crazy shit like that.

• No, doctors aren't robots. They do judge you, they just don't tell you. And if you watch the video, he said everything. She made sure to cut off all his ties to his family, to make him feel unworthy and think she would be the only one who would ever care about him, and that no one would ever listen to him or help him. At a point he felt so pathetic and useless that she had all the control she wanted over him. And if he tried to resist she threatened to kill him.
      That girl knew very well that no one could believe he couldn't overpower her and leave, and that she could always play the victim if anything went wrong.
      He was lucky to meet someone who pushed him to talk about it, but in many cases, no one does. In France or anywhere else.

• @Guanfei This guy have a problem seriously.

• Oh my, poor guy. I’m glad he was taken seriously the first time he said something. It’s a terrible problem for guys who are in an abusive relationship. It’s predicted there’s more male domestic abuse victims than female these days. Sadly the men usually stay quiet because they get ignored or even laughed at. It makes me sick thinking about it.

• I thought she looked so nice and mellow. Apparently she’s the definition of a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Not even that. I’d say Satan in human form.

• woow she is totally nuts why would she torture a man so innocent omg

• Because she's a psychopath. She needs to go to the asylum after jail.. I really hope thats what they'll do with her after she gets out.

• I dont think its as easy to leave that kinda situation as we think it is... they're afraid their partner will kill them if they leave, its understandable why they try and stay.

• This is true love.

• I once heard of a guy who must of convinced his girl to have her eyes gauges out because he wanted her or himself and she did it.
    That's called "abuse" but the one being abused doesn't even know they are being "abused" because of the fact that they think they are being "loved" and that that must be "love", since they know no other kind of love.

It's so sad. it's a brainwashing, fear induced kind of love. There's no kindness in this but the one being abused thinks that they are being loving and kind to the abuser by letting the abuser abuse them...

• I don't buy it...

• be more specific please.

• that's terrible. I'm just saying for guys, that's some of the reasons why its hard for them to tell. There are a lot of guys not reporting being the receiving end of domestic abuse, because people won't simply believe them for being a man--cause men are always seen as the agressors and they don't believe a man twice a woman's size could ever abuse him. And if they see something in public, they think the man always deserved it

• @MrNameless cannot believe you even engaged with this ridiculous woman, she wants sympathy for what she went through yet rubbishes cases which aren’t related her. Well I rubbish her story, I think she’s making it all up too...

• Horrible.

• Stay away from pretty girls guys! :)

• Horrible.

• Personally I don’t understand why he didn’t just leave either, and why didn’t he overpower and restrain her. But there must be some reason. Maybe there are issues from his past too which may of contributed, or not. I don’t know.

• Yeah I've just seen another interview.. he said she threatened to kill him if he would decide to leave and that he was scared of that..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Zb_Det22M

• You can think whatever you want, but the law and the way it's applied are about as far from justice as it's possible to get.

The reality is, "woman always victim, man always monster". That's how the law is written, and that's how it's enforced. There is no need for evidence, all she has to do is say she's 'afraid' and the white knights in blue will haul him off. No matter if he's got stab wounds in his back and a busted skull, and there are a bloody knife and hammer in her hands. 'Scared' is the magic word.

Women have been given the power to completely destroy a man's life without any wrongdoing on his part. That's like giving whiskey, car keys, cocaine, and hookers to teenage boys.

Thanks to the reality of the situation, there is no point in living with a woman or even getting into a relationshit.

• This case is unique. She must not have realized the power that the State gives her. Normally, *he* would be the one getting put behind bars.

What Guys Said 19

• A lot of people are asking why he didn't just get up and leave...

I mean I asked myself that too... but in many ways our society teaches us that girls can do no wrong and it seems the poor guy fell right into that trap.

• And she is so hot AF. Good to know that domestic violence isn't been view as something only females suffer.

• She is pretty. But 'hot af'? Common.. I bet you saw prettier ones..

• @lumos 'when guys start debating about her looks when its about such a gross topic'

But we aren't when its about such a gross topic. We started a new topic in his opinion regarding her looks.

If it was like you said, it would've started with him talking about what a terrible story this is. Then someone else answers to that with 'but her looks though!' then this is ridiculous and disgusting.

But we STARTED with the looks (!) this is a whole 'nother story! You said 'WHEN its about such a gross topic' but we never connected these two topics.

• @lumos P.(fuckin) S. it DOES have over 20 comments! 😂 Its 21 to be exact! Thank you! Piece out! ✌🏽️

• man this is sad. glad he got out when he did and glad he's goign public with his story. i'm sure there are other men (and of course women) in similar situations. it is good to hear the less common and often overlooked or trivialized experience of domestic abuse

• I am amazed she was imprisoned , as several women have got away with inflicting severe injuries on men , mainly from using bottles / glasses. I have been slashed with a knife by an ex , but unlike this case , I INSTANTLY dumped her and ordered her out of my house and life , but was careful not to strike back... or I would have been arrested and stuck in the cells.

• We always picture a woman in this situation and then when it's a man... there is actually some shelter up in the Midlands for men escaping from their wives. I wonder how I would be in this situation... The worst part of this story is actually the kids, what was being done to them? If any woman was treating our kids like this I would take them away and leave her so fast her head would spin. And what was done to this deranged girl as a child to make her want to act like this?

• Yea, this is why you need a gun. A gun and some balls. I feel for this poor guy, but all men and women should know the warning signs of a dangerous personality and listen to their HEAD, not their heart or their pecker. The brain is the part of the body that notices danger.

• Jeez, what a horrible story. At least he got out of that situation. I hope she gets put sent to the loony bin after jail. And that he gets the kids, and she's stiffed with a Child Support bill.

Simples...

• You ask, "I don't understand why he just didn't leave", it's probably a similar if not the same reason why women don't leave when they're in the same situation. Fear!

• Wtf. How's he gonna let a petite little woman bully him like that?

• He should've grabbed the kids and left.

• This is funny

• She should burn to death

• I don't buy it. He protected her for what?

• some women have a few loose screws.

• lol how can female abuse a man? he must be very very very very weak man

• What would you do? If he hit her back he would have known she was far more nuts than him and would have taken it too far. Well done for giving it the Billy big bollocks and scoring points though

• sorry im a guy

any girl that tries to force me to do shit im gonna make her my bitch now
    I was to nice in the past

• Shocking

• And that my friend is why I don't date white girls... they crazy

• I think guys like these end up this way because they're taught to be passive and they're taught that men should never in any circumstance hit a woman. I'm not saying that men should hit women of course, but they should have the right to defend themselves especially if she's using a weapon. If that was me I would have left the first time, and if she'd tried to come at me afterwards she'd get hurt.

• Yeah, same.. if she starts trying to come at me after I tried to leave, its like she was asking for it.. I can't just let her do that. No need to be anonymous for this.. what you say makes sense and is perfectly fine.