5 Things To Know Before Dating A Russian Woman

Well, hello everyone.

It's me again.

So I got really inspired today after a talk on the phone that I had with my fiancé and decided to write a take about Russian women, specifically 5 things you need to know before dating one.

G@G is a very interesting platform that gives us the opportunity to communicate and take opinions from people all around the world.

Therefore with this take, I decided to use that fact...

To start a new challenge. And more specifically :

#5ThingsToKnowChallenge

Basically, I would like to see what people of different nationalities than mine will say in a similar MyTake, to learn more about the new challenge, read at the end.

Now, without further do... Let's start.

Dating A Russian Woman
Dating A Russian Woman

1) We May Seem Cold But We Just Need Time To Open Up

lol this gif is perfect
lol this gif is perfect

This is one of the most classic things that many foreigners are worried about when dating Russians (both men and women). They are all afraid that we aren't really interested in them because we don't show it.

I get why you get confused, but it's a really often phenomenon that our behavior doesn't represent our feelings.

We need time in order to start expressing more. So don't lose hope, if we say yes to dates or meetings it means we are interested.

2) We Don't Like Showing Affection In Public

Russian Girls  Don't Like Showing Affection In Public
Russian Girls Don't Like Showing Affection In Public

Holding hands, or being close...It's okay. But nothing more than that.

For example, kissing it's a HUGE nah nah.

I know that many of you grew up in countries where kissing or being affectionate in public is something natural, here it isn't

It's almost impossible to see a Russian couple making out in public. We just don't do it. It's not that it's wrong... It's just weird.

So don't try it, leave everything for the bedroom.

3) We Are Possesive

We have a very strong feeling (lol) of making clear when something belongs to us.

What's ours, it's ours, no others can even dare to look at it.

(I'm a bit over-the-top here but just so we can make the points clear.)

That's a characteristic that also men here have, it's just how things work in Russia. If you don't "mark your territory", someone else will take it.

So we are just very possessive.

4) We Are Very Organizable And Traditional. And I Mean it!

Russian Women Are Traditional
Russian Women Are Traditional

You can't ask us on a date without making a reservation to the restaurant first. You can't come and pick us up without having deiced on where we are going.

Who does that?

You need to organize before asking a Russian woman out.

You need to have a plan, on where are we going to have dinner then when we are going after and etc. You need to show us that you are in control of the situation and that you've designed everything. We don't have a problem with following you, as long as you are organized and ready for everything.

Also...

You need to open the car door for us, you need to pull the chair for us to sit, you need to speak in a formal manner before we give you permission to to speak naturally.

This is how our fathers treat our mothers, this is how we do it in Russia and this is what we would like for you to do as well.

5) We Value Family. A Lot!

Russian Women Value Family
Russian Women Value Family

"Respect your father and mother." & "Your purpose is to have a family of your own." It's two things you'll hear in russian middle - schools every single hour of the day.

Building a family is one of the most important things to do in Russia, we all grow up with the thought/dream of making a stable family in the near future (we do marry young most of the times after all.)

All of us, from poor to extremely rich, no matter what other goals we have... Making a family is one the top of them.

Therefore, if you aren't planning on making a family at some point or respect your parents... Yeah these aren't traits that would attract an average Russian.

_________________

Now I nominate...

@xTom98 To do a take about German Men.

@AbdKilani To do a take about Jordanian Men.

@JimRSmith to do a take about English Men. (When he returns)

@Sososinaxoxo to do a take about American Women.

@Selina_Kyle_ to do a take about Turkish Women.

Guys, don't forget to use the hashtag ANDDDDD

Then invite who you want and blah blah blah, you know how it works.

That's it for today babydolls.

Till next time, stay sassy.

- AngelicEmpress

#5ThingsToKnowChallenge #FirstTakeOfTheChallenge

1772
AngelicEmpress is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• Awesome take! You probably just scorched the hair off a bunch of feminazi's but your are correct from all I've gathered about Russia. Russia is what the US use to be in terms of tradition common sense. But rest assured if feminist ever infect Russian and take it over men will be done with Russian women too.

Most Helpful Girls

• Nothing wrong in being a woman of high value I’m glad I read it even whilst making friends with them, I understand they love deep conversations and meaningful relationships.

• Amazing take! <3 You didn't leave anything to me to talk about 😂 I'll surely write about Turkey soon 🤗

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 70

• We we we we we you act as if every Russian woman is the same. I`m sure there are plenty who do show affection in public., those who aren`t possessive and what not lol

• Just kidding

• I apologize if what i said came off too harsh, wasn`t my intend :)

• Don't worry lol, I don't get offended easily

• You would like a lot of things, hmm? I've dated Russian women, I wasn't given any remarks about the way I speak and I wasn't ordered around. Not as if it was going to happen in the first place.

It's not a problem if she's got such standards, but in return I would expect the same from her. I'm not going to be her unofficial butler, I don't care who she is.

• Again, like I said. These are the majority, of course there are exception tot he rule. And considering you are not russian, you don't understand the difference between casual and former manner.

• I agree with 1-4, haven't seen 5 as much, but most of the Russians i know are first generation immigrants and left their families behind.

I guess you could substitute it with loyalty. All russians i know are very loyal to their friends and family, and expect that loyalty in return

I love my russian friends, haven't met a bad russian yet

• Man if these are true then I'll never date Russian women. Call me whatever you want but considering these "facts" they're not my thing at all.

Besides i don't eat borsh or pelmeni at all.

• These aren't exactly "facts" lol, it's just the majority.

• Then that means i won't date most Russian women.
      I'm in the wrong place. 🤷

• Interesting. Several generations back I am part Russian. But never knew much of this about Russian women. I have noticed the first one in particular. Knowing something about Russia and its history I can sort of understand all 5 are part of the culture, but reading it clarified it for me. Thanks for writing it.

• Very interesting, thanks for that. I met a few Russian women in Germany and France back in the 1990s and did think about dating them, but the problem was that I wasn't sure how Long they would be there and thus didn't pursue it too seriously.

A neighboring couple is German man/Russian woman and she definitely is as AE describes in #4 and #5.

• Thanks for your take.
    I met a girl from Russia in the USA last year.
    Her sister married an American and lived in the USA and she was visiting and staying with her sister. She ended up staying roughly 6 months and she would always come visit our German conversation groups as she could speak German.

She was sweet.

• I think Russian women might be the most beautiful women in the world. To me. Cool info. Thank you.

It sounds like a lot of these stem from the harsh background of Russia. But, it doesn't seem like I would mix very well with a Russian woman. But, good stuff to know.

• You're Russian. Is macho culture a real thing for men in Russia?

• I take my hos to McDonald’s. Then if she’s a good girl she gets to order ice cream.

• I've alway thought that Russian girls seemed to be most desirable sexually attractive ones I've come across not sure why overall but there great

• Lmao! Fiancé? Are you planning to marry as soon as you turn 18?🤣

• I have trouble believing number 5 considering what the abortion rate is like in Russia.

• Not all pregnancies are desired, and not all couples are married when the woman gets prenant.

• My stepfather was a Serb, and my living by the seat of my pants drove him nuts. I have long term goals, and plans but where we're going to eat isn't anything I think about before we land there. Seriously, that looks interesting, let's see if it's good. And pull in.

• Mmmm, I'd only date a Russian woman who'll help me resurrect the Soviet Union and accompany me on summer vacations to our dacha in Cuba

• Good jobbbbbb
    These are similar to our ideals, I guess I can date a Russian woman and steal her heart ♥️😉
    I will do the challenge once again., a man never backs down and keeps his word
    Best of luck, wish you both the best you and your fiance.
    No I can't invite 1,000 + people, I will invite you and a few others

• Yeah, thanks, but I have zero interest in Russian women.

• As someone whos partly russian and has a lot of russian friends, i agree heavily. It doesn't really get any more accurate than that

• Well I guess #3 explains Crimea.

But on a more serious note, good to know that my impression of Russian women seems to be accurate.

• I could see a russian girl who is self defense that make her say negative due to be shy but her happy hided in other places.

• My friend told me they will get attracted you if you call them Cyka blyat.

• Been in a relationship with a Russian girl two months ago until I found out she was a scammer. Now I stopped being together with someone completely. Bad vibes.

• I'm Russian.

Many girls in Russia are very mercantile. All that stuff about restaurants is a bullshit. The best ever first date I had with Russian girl went like this. I asked her out online and she said "let'a go to see the city nearby on the train?". And it was cool adventure.
      And now she has a strong family with another guy.

Don't stop on Russian mediocrity

• Awesome thread I like it, I wouldn't mind dating a Russian women. This is pretty true here. My aunt is Russian from Russia

• 5 Things To Know Before Dating A Russian Woman
    Oh it all makes sense now. But a Russian girl did ask me to marry her in the street so I don't know about that.
    Why do Russian girls smoke so much? I almost died of carbon monoxide poisoning. And they drink vodka like it's water.

I've heard a lot of Russians and Ukrainians are racist but I've never met any that were. But My Russian friends think I'm black, apparently brown people are considered black in Russian.

• What? I'm super open (as much as I can be) with everyone from the moment I meet them! I was born and raised in Russia, but moved away in my early (ish) teens. Maybe that is the Canadian seeping through

• 0|0
  • its cool, and russian woman can look amaaaazzing 'till an age.

• I work with a Russian woman , she's a great person.

• Well one thing i know is there sex appeal... its out of this world just like that of Dominican republic women...

• Wow maybe i need to move to Russia. you're telling me the women actually want to have families and they are ok with getting married young? Sign me up.

• Show more from Guys
    40

What Girls Said 15

• I have a Russian female friend. She only dates other white guys, preferably Russian. She's not open to dating other races.

• Thank you. Now I know what to know before dating a Russian woman

• I was interested in a Ukrainian guy (a fellow lawyer) for a little while, but now that I might be reconnecting with someone from my past, I think me and him are just gonna be friends.

• That's nice and all but I don't like to date so.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• I have one question about Russians... Do they find Soviet Russia jokes offensive or funny?

• Well very few actually find them funny the rest find them offensive. Personally my family suffered a lot during that period of time so I would never find funny something about Soviet Union.

• OK that makes sense :)

• It's true many families had a really hard times, but on the other hand it doesn't mean that they feel bad about it. If we are talking about people who's family members went to GULAG, it was hard and they hate Soviet Union government, on the other hand there were a lot of other people who also had a hard times but they love Soviet Union, because they believe the government made everything possible to help them.

First kind of people understand jokes about Soviet Union, but it's a laugh through tears.

• I won't date Russian women.

• We must ask turkish men😃

• cools russian

• Good take

• Love it

• nice take

• I learned lots

• Well presented.

• I had great russian friends.

• Interesting MyTake