10 Tips For Dating A Feminist

10 Tips For Dating A Feminist

In this day and age, feminist women are more and more common. Sure they might be all about girl power and women's rights, but they still date!

There's many misconceptions and stereotypes when it comes to feminism, but don't let that steer you away from dating a feminist girl! Below are 10 tips for dating a feminist woman.

1. Conversation

Don't just talk to her, engage in conversation with her. Let her thoughts and views be heard and try not to offend her or judge her. Respect her right to an opinion and she'll do the same.

2. Your Relationship With Other Women

How you treat a female waiter, your relationship with your sister or your mother, and how you treated your ex are all cues and things she will pay attention to.

3. The Bill

She won't automatically assume that you've got the bill, but you should at least offer. And if anything, you'll guys at least "go Dutch" and split the bill. And paying for her meal doesn't mean she owes you anything or that there should be strings attached.

4. Fighting Her Battles

Don't feel the need to step in and fight her battles. She can stand on her own, if she needs you; she will tag you in.

5. Don't Try To Control Or Own Her

Just like you she doesn't want to be interrogated. Don't ask her 21 questions or try to control her.

6. She's A Boss

Just because she goes for what she wants or is assertive and determined that doesn't make her a "bitch," she's a boss!

7. Miss Independent

You won't have to do everything for her. Yeah she will need you, but she can take care of herself.

8. Sexist Jokes

Don't automatically ask her, "So do you hate men?" Sexist jokes are a definite no no! You'll either have to give them up or say them when she's not around, but she better not find out!

9. Support Her Dreams And Goals

If she is a feminist she will have likely had goals and dreams before you came along. Take interest in her career and dreams and encourage and support her. Better yet, be a power couple.

10. Still Be A Gentleman

There's nothing wrong with opening her door, but don't be surprised when she opens it herself or is just as courteous to you.

Remember, just because she is a feminist that does not mean she is from another planet. At the end of the day, she just wants to be treated as an equal with respect and understanding. You should be treating everyone with respect and understanding anyways!

34109

Most Helpful Guy

• A strong woman will tell me that I am the man she's been waiting for. An ugly woman will tell me that I'm a few pounds overweight.

Most Helpful Girl

• From all the feminist I know and have seen I can tell you this...
    1. There is no such thing as engaging a feminist in conversation... it's more you agree or be shamed/attacked.
    2. She will constantly judge your interactions with other women, looking for every opportunity to call you on "your privilege" or suppressive nature.
    3. "She won't assume you got the bill but you should offer"... Seriously! So be equal, but also be a gender stereotype and offer to pay.
    4. If you step in she will give you shit because "she's a strong independent women" but if you don't help you are guaranteed to get shit for not helping. It's lose-lose.
    5. Don't try to control her, but you better do everything she tell YOU to do or be shamed in some way.
    6. There is a difference between being a boss and a bitch. Don't fall for the lie that her rude ignorant snarky attitude isn't bitchy. It is.
    7. She can take care of herself... but you better read her mind and determine when she still needs you help and when she doesn't or you will be told!
    8. You won't be able to make ANY jokes, not just sexist ones. She will have no issue saying snarky things about men, but if you do the same back... "she better not find out!" <--- notice this quote... this is truth. If you do ANYTHING she doesn't agree with and she finds out, you will have hell to pay. Walking on egg shells constantly is no way to live.
    9. Isn't this a relationship in general?
    10. Be a gentleman. <--- the catch all. So fit into a gender role, but don't expect her to. She can do whatever she wants because she says so, but you have to be a gentleman. Oh an don't EVER ask her to act like a lady, you will be sorry.

Summary, unless you are willing to have her think for you and want to live in constant fear of every action and word you say, and when ever you do wrong, she will add it to her list of anti-male crap. Dating a feminist would be like doing jumping jacks with Nitroglycerin in your pocket... you will be just waiting for the boom.

• Haha this is great

• Wow
      Didn't expect this.

• I love the nitroglycerin in your pocked thin.

I told the last feminist I dated, that talking to her was like walking threw a mine field blindfolded. It was not if I would step on a mine, only when I would step on a mine.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 108

• I'm getting kind of sick of gender-biased posts, to be honest. Both feminists and men's rights activists or whatever they call themselves.

I'll be blunt. If I consider someone an equal, I won't go out of my way to accommodate them. I accommodate children, the senile, and the handicapped. The able can handle themselves.

I'm supposed to treat Feminists differently than I do "normal" women? Is that the implication of this guide (offensively assuming that I'm treating "normal" women poorly to begin with, in the variety of abusive ways listed)?

More offensive still is the condescension toward "normal" women in this guide. Let me quote you: "If she is a feminist she will have likely had goals and dreams before you came along." So a woman who isn't a feminist won't have goals and dreams, particularly before meeting me? Unbelievable.

"I hope you like feminist rants, because that's kind of my thing." I don't let men rant at me with their views--with the objective of maintaining equal treatment of the sexes, I will tell you to shut up too if you're ranting. I don't have to subject myself to what you have to say. A conversation is a collaboration, not a contest. Date someone else if that's a problem.

Rather than being sensitive about the feminist label applied to oneself, how about instead just being a normal human and talking? Maybe we'll agree or disagree on things, and I will be polite and respectful regardless. But I am not going to walk on eggshells to make sure you don't feel offended or judged--if you're an adult, handle your emotions, they aren't mine to deal with.

When you identify with a label, you reduce yourself to a caricature. I don't waste time on caricatures. I don't waste time on people who are overly sensitive about their own views. I don't date children.

And you're paying your half of the bill.

• Every time I see rants about how "feminist" women should be treated whilst dating I can't help but think who the h*ll has she been talking too. Maybe I'm different or my friend group is just odd but these rants always seem redundant to me. 1. Who the f**k dates a girl and doesn't have conversations with her? Like how is that even possible. What dude in his right mind wants a girl he can't talk to. 2. Don't just check how I treat other women in my life check how I treat everyone all the time cause I'm defintely checking you. 3. The Bill. I offer on first dates and after that I offer whenever I feel like it or when I'm taking someone somewhere that is higher than an average affordable meal. That has nothing to do with being a women thats called just being thoughtful. in my opinion I don't believe women should even have meals paid for this day an age. If I'm dating you your an adult and can buy your own food it's not like you had to hunt it down. 4. I'm not going to be dating you if you constantly get yourself into situations that need me to fight for you. Fights are easy to avoid and if you don't know how I don't want you raising my kids 5. I'm black I don't want anyone experiencing what my ancestors did. 6. She's a bitch. I'm not sure why women think men like bossy men. He's an asshole too. Bossy and assertive are not the same. You can be assertive and get your way without being an asshole about it. 7. D*mn right you should be independent. I don't date children. 8. I make jokes. I make racists jokes, I make sexist jokes. Dark humor is born from saying the things people feel is wrong to say. True if I know your sensitive I'm not going to make them. But If I know you can take a joke and you know me well enough to understand they're jokes I'm making them. And if they offend you too much tell me we'll talk and I'll stop. And once again that goes for everyone. 9. If you don't have dreams and goals I'll help you find some. Life's empty without them. And that has nothing to do with being a woman. 10. Being a gentleman isn't something you can turn off but if you think holding doors or putting down jackets in the rain is a real gentleman you've been deceived any f**kboi can do that. So in short once again I'm reading a list of things with the label feminist thrown on it that has nothing to do with being a feminist. Feminism much like all fights for civil rights is pretty much all done in the judicial/legislative system these days not the common public.

• I agree with everything you have said except the paying for dates. At least for the first 1-5 dates, I think it's okay for whoever initiates the date (it shouldn't matter who initiates) to pay for the other person. It could swap back and forth. After that though, you are right. People should be able to pay for their own stuff, with the exception of giving gifts to one another.

• So, if men are more likely than not to ask the woman on a date, doesn't that then mean that men are more likely to pay for said date "initiation" privileges? Out of all the women I've dated, I've only been asked on a date ONCE by a woman with the necessary courage to risk rejection. I did, in fact, reject her request, because I was not interested. Does that mean I should always pay for every one of my dates? Feminism is a crock of crap, until women start accepting the downside, in order to get the good side. Feminazis are just self-centered little girls, that have a distorted, limited view about the world and yet, still feel the need to complain about it. When the Feminazis start picking up newspapers, instead of handing out protest leaflets, and learning an UNBIASED version of history, instead of pledging their undying fealty to some knuckle-head Liberal Arts teacher previously associated with the Black Panther movement, then we can have a conversation. Until then, learn how to

• operate a vibrator...

• I have but one tip on the subject of dating a feminist: do not do it.
    I would never, under any circumstances, be interested in a feminist. Nor, I believe, would a feminist be interested in me.
    I am a conservative old-fashioned man of honour, a former soldier and a dedicated martial artist. I am a man.
    A feminist would want a simpering skinny-pant-wearing latte-sipping girlyman who would be her bitch.
    I could not tolerate to be in the presence of a woman who called herself a feminist, but was too stupid to understand that third-wave feminism was hijacked by the Marxists during the 1960s and has been used as a part of the Marxists' tool kit to subvert Western Civilisation. I would rather put my penis into a nest of scorpions.

• I agree ! Applause , applause ! I am no wuss, a wuss won't get anywhere in live with his submissive behavior !

• Was feeling u up until to the rant about commies.#wayoffthereservation

• Sry, but feminists in Germany are strongly linked to communism and socialism.

• 5|12
  • No, there is a difference between a bitch and an assertive woman. Men don't call assertive women bitches, we call bitches bitches.

Pretty much what this post says to me is "Let her do whatever she wants, she's not tied down by gender roles! But don't abandon yours because she'll still expect them of you!" Feminists in modern society are not about equality anymore, they're about actions without repercussions, and not being expected to do anything.

A man is still expected to hold the door open for her, offer to pay, defend her when she can't handle herself, and generally treat her like a queen. If he doesn't, he's not worth her, but if she doesn't treat her man like a king, she's just too "independent" to be worried about it!

Feminism is not feminism anymore. You already have equal rights in the US, so equality already exists. Feminism is just favoritism now.

You want to know what I say to your last point of "Be a gentleman"? How about you be a woman first. I'm not being a gentleman for a woman who expects everything for nothing in return.

• "A strong man can handle a strong woman. A weak man will say she has an attitude."

Sorry but that just sounds like an excuse for someone to act rudely and force everyone to put up with it. If you have an attitude it means you lack maturity and shaming people for bringing it up is just further proof of it. No person with true self-respect puts up with attitude be they man or woman.

• That is exactly what it is. If a man ever complains about a woman mistreating him, and she attacks him for not being too weak to handle a strong woman, then it is time to get as far away for that woman as possible. That is what emotionally toxic women do. It is just a shaming technique to control men. No feminist would ever say that a strong woman can handle a strong man when he is mistreating her. The feminist would tell the woman to stand up for herself and dump that asshole.

• nice joke. Are you the female Comedian?

images4.fanpop.com/.../...n-21353437-2000-1339.jpg

• Western men. Go on vacation. Meet women from other countries and you will be amazing at the contrast in cultures. Yes, they will expect you to treat them like queens, but at the same time they will treat you like a king. I'm done with this nonsense time for a change. Enough with the double standards, and having women basket in the benefits of being a man while not having to endure any of the negatives. Move on to a better life.

• You know, I wouldn't mind dating a feminist, but to be honest I find a lot of them to be unbearable. I've never had any I'll will towards women, but they often have found a reason to label me as a sexist pig, lol. They just routinely suck the fun out of everything, which is the complete opposite of my personality which is to inject fun into everything

• Huh. It always seems to me feminists have a chip on their shoulder, a victim card to play. Idiotically, it seems women think that slaving away at a job is it's own reward... foolishness.

Tips for dating a feminist:

1. Do not date feminists.

The end.

• 3|11
  • I'll pass thanks. I want a down to earth girl that I can laugh, play and have fun with. This article has made me realise how much I adore my wife. Please stay far away from me feministssssssss...

• 1|7
    • this is why feminism has the image that it has, and its well deserved. These blue and red haired, nose ringed children act like the bottom of the barrell of human society, and they wonder why theyre not respected. there's tons of videos like this.

a lot like the riots in baltimore etc, even if they have legitimate grievances, they project themselves in a way that makes it hard for people to be sympathetic to their cause.

• The man-hate filled foul-mouthed bitch @ 3.58 onwards is exactly what springs to mostly male minds when " feminism " is mentioned , even a large & growing number of women oppose these nutjobs... they have a thermonuclear level of hatred towards men , I bet this feminazi wants anything with a Y chromosome exterminated !!

• "She won't automatically assume that you've got the bill, but you should at least offer."

Why should I offer to pay? Because I'm the guy?

• God I love number one, Don't just talk to her, engage in conversation with her. Let her thoughts and views be heard and try not to offend her or judge her. Respect her right to an opinion and she'll do the same.

That is so much bullshit, the minute you do not agree with her opinion. You will be considered disrespecting her, devaluing her, offending her and judging her.

Love this one too, How he treats his mother, is a pretty good indicator of how he will treat you. Bullshit, my mother is by no means mother of the year material and I avoid her as much as I can. My relationship with my mother, in no way effects how I treat other women.

I have date a few hardcore feminist, and for the most part I have found that while they want you to support and understand them and change your program for them. They are about themselves and you better be on their program, as they are not going to make changes to their program for you unless it benefits them.

I have a simple rule in life, respect me and I respect you.
    I will treat you equally, to how you treat me.

If you can not make me a priority in your life, don't expect me to make you a priority in my life.

• so pay for her meal

never argue with her

put up with her bullshit attitude because if I don't I'm not a real man

don't make offensive jokes in her presence

yeah... I'll pass, she sounds like a major pain in the ass.

• Why would I? There are so many better girls out there. I'd rather like to go for that bitch but not for this bossy feminist.

• I simply wouldn't consider a woman who calls herself a Feminist for a wife. There is too much give and take in a marriage and too many different tasks to be handled by each to be able to clearly identify if everything is exacly even or even close at any given time. Frigging annoying. Marriage is hard enough than to add the quibbling that would come feminism. Feminists make lousy wives unless you are ball-less.

• So if she's not a feminist we should treat her differently? Why I have the feeling that you're insinuating that if she's not a feminist she's not a woman that deserves to be treated right?
    I don't like how you try to picture feminist women, like if they were more powerful than other women, like we need to put her on a pedestal. Listen, I'm gonna treat you like I think you deserve to be treated, and this is something YOU decide. Act like a bitch and you'll be treated like one. Act like a lady, and you'll be treated like one.

If you want me to be a gentleman, act like a lady, don't demand something and call me a misogynist when I ask for you to be a lady.

• How would you describe the behaviour of a lady?

• @9mfeo no, it's very possible, but for some it is impossible cause they believe being a gentleman and a lady is something of a patriarchy society, which is total bullshit.
      The girl that wrote this Take I'm pretty sure she's not a lady, at least she doesn't think like one.

• I agree with you - I think that there is a certain standard of behaviour that humans should expect from everyone. I don't feel the need to put a label on it (gentleman/lady/parakeet/whatever) but it can simplify conversations to do so. For some feminists, "lady" calls to mind a person whose defining characteristic is that they're submissive to a man instead of just an all-around nice person (which is how I interpreted your description). Funny, isn't it, how perception of language can shape a conversation?

• Step 11

Don't do it. She'll criticize you for trying to be a gentleman all in the name of "equality".

Tried doing it, couldn't do it, won't do it again.

• More from Guys
    88

What Girls Said 33

• Guys think all feminists are feminazis. I hate those bitches too, I hate that they can't see a video of a girl shaking her ass on TV without thinking that's just wrong and shit. Some girls like to behave like bitches, LET THEM BE. I hate that they can't laugh at a joke, I have a really black sense of humour, make your sexist or racist joke, It's okay for me.
    I am a feminist, I can ask a guy out, and be okay with his rejection, I can change a car's wheel, I can pay my bill, and many more things.
    I can clean my house, but if I live with a man, he could help me doing the cleaning, or cook as much as I do.
    I hate that girls in Nigeria can't get education because they are girls.
    I hate that guys think they will stop being "guys" if they do the cleaning.
    I hate that sometimes people pay less to girls when they do the same work as guys.
    I hate that women get the custody of the children most of the time, sometimes moms are not better than dads.
    I hate that women (sometimes) get less years in jail cuz they have a pussy.
    I hate that people think guys are rapists because they have a dick and that it's okay if a girl wants to rape a guy.
    I hate that people think it's okay to see a girl beating a guy and that it's wrong when a guy does it. Abuse it's never okay.
    And what I hate the most is FEMINAZIS.

I am a feminist. I love men. I support equality.

• You Rock. Welcome to G@G!

• Thanks for the lovely compliment...& having such a fantastic positive attitude , all girls / women need to be like you , there are too many mean & spiteful man hating women in the Western countries. And I like Latinas... I'm married to an Italian , my little girl is blessed with lovely Latina looks from her mum.

• Well, I like variety, I like to hear different opinions. But I can't deny that I would like to hear more women wanting REAL equality.

Well, western countries are really far away from my home. I live in Mexico, and I was born here, so I'm 100% latina.
      Not sure about that italian stuff, I've never thought about an italian as a latina.

Why do men hate women in the western countries, I've never heard about that.

• 1. Conversation - He should try to engage in conversation and hear everything you have to say and not judge you too. probably if he says anything against you he will be a sexist.

2. Your Relationship With Other Women - he should try to be nice with every woman he sees. before feminism was made men hit the female waiters and kicked their asses when they went to bring the orders. it wasn't like that a normal human being had a little respect for everyone regardless of their sex as long as they haven't done any bad to him.

nobody is obliged to try having anything further than a simple respect for anyone just because she is a woman. and that respect always existed.

3. The Bill - He should 'at least' offer to pay the bills and paying for the meal doesn't mean she owes him anything.
    and why should he pay your bills? why should he even offer it? because he is the 'man'? you are of course very anti-sexist.

4. Fighting Her Battles - He should stand there ready for the queen to tag him in so then he can fight the battles in the name of the mighty queen.

5. Don't Try To Control Or Own Her - He shouldn't try to control or own her. of course according to 4 you control and own him.

6. She's A Boss - Everybody knows that by now.

7. Miss Independent - 4,5,6.

8. Sexist Jokes - don't worry if he meets the 7 standards above all he will say is "woof woof".

9. Support Her Dreams And Goals - Support your queen knights of the round table. She has great plans in her head but apparently she can't wear a 50 kilogram steel armor and handle a 30 kilogram longsword like you can do.

10. Still Be A Gentleman - Be a gentleman. Be a Gentle-man, always be gentle because she's so fragile, but she's equal to you.

nope. I am not going to let my son be your dog. if you want a dog go buy one.

my son:

1. He will lead his woman with love
    2. He will own his woman with love
    3. He will be a gentleman for "his" lady.
    4. He will support "his" lady. and as long as she supports him. He will not do anything for nothing in return.
    5. He will be the leader, and no one is the boss.
    6. He will fight the battles of his "family" and his lady will help him.
    7. there will be no boundless independence for the individuals as soon as they get into a relationship. But they will make an independent entity called family.

this will be my son, his woman, their family. This is the Bavarian way of living and we don’t care about some hypocrite childish women with their ‘queen’ complex.

• You will be such an excellent mother to your children

Bless you

• ... and the weaker men you see who are failing in everything are the answer of nature to the human society. The need exists, the society will become weaker and chaotic because the need will always be there but the strength to feed it is lost.

And in the end the line will die off. The artwork of nature.

• So much win in this post ;)

• 1. Don't just talk to her. Engage with her.
    Let her get out her rant in full.
    Try not to offend her or judge her. (which is completely arbitrary and personal and she may, at any point, decide you have done just that only for disagreeing with her)

Lucky guy, who wouldn't want to participate in such a conversation! :D (sarcasm)

2. This is every woman.
    Just because we have a brain and aren't feminists, doesn't mean we don't judge men trough female eyes.

3. NO, you have no right to say that as a feminist. You are paying for your meal no discussion about it. Otherwise you are allowing unequal treatment, or worse expecting it, all while spewing feminist crap.

4. This is every woman.
    Just because we have a brain and aren't feminists, doesn't mean we're morons who need men to tend to us like children. We don't lie we're tough like you do and acknowledge we're females, but we are still adult females.

5. Control in a relationship/leadership/dominance/aggression all these things get women attracted to men. Feminists are no exception, this is a flat out lie.

6. Which is fist unattractive as it means she denounces her femininity that should compliment a man as the actual boss and create harmony, all for the sake of her pride.
    Second, women rarely make a good boss. I personally have yet to meet an exception. They lack brain power and are too emotional to exert control in proper degrees and ways. They are either total psycho cunts, or they let everything slide and then complain passive-aggressively.

You're most likely not a boss, just a delusional bitch.

7. This goes for all women. Only those of us who don't hang our pride on not needing anyone, purposely divide duties making us need the man, because we understand people can't do well all alone (they can only get by) and should need one another if they are to create a romantic relationship.

8. You are way too sensitive and would be a total drag to be around if you can't take a joke.
    Also: "she better not find out"? What are you, his parent?
    (this clearly explains why power vacuum needs to be filled. You can't have equality, you can only be in charge like this)

9. Support her goals and dreams, even if those include letting her climb the corporate latter as strangers raise your children.

10. Translation: there is nothing wrong with treating your unequally, but only when you like it.

Also this needs correcting.
    s3.amazonaws.com/.../...4e24-a2b6-6aa016ec2545.jpg

A strong man doesn't put up with shit from an out-of-control cunt. His way or the highway.

• "A strong man doesn't put up with shit from an out-of-control cunt. His way or the highway." <3 <3 <3 you the real MVP

• Also I think @Klara-Hitler did a great job replying to this garbage.
      If there was MHO here, it'd be hers... <3

• I don't think this list was needed. This list was created for radical feminists, who just want women to be superior to men. You want them to respect you, but you have to return the favor as well. Not all feminists are man-hating, overly-sensitive bitches. I think the regular, or non-radical femenists would treat their man with the respect that they deserve in return.

• I laughed when I saw the the split the bill reason. Why can't she pay for the whole thing? I mean she wants all these rights? Or no? Feminists only want rights when it suits them

• I personally like taking turns paying for dates. Like if he pays for the first then I'll pay for the second, etc.

• Okay good for you
      But she is making it seem like men are the ones who have to pay the bill. A lot of feminists think that way

• This list only applies to the women who let the feminist label define them. In my opinion they're the ones to be wary of, and this list proves it. Why do they need some kind of special treatment?

• 1 tip for dating a feminist:
    Don't.

• Most non-feminist women are like this too, you know? Women that "want to be treated as an equal with respect and understanding"
    These tips are fairly generic and can be applied to most women so why did you feel the need to create a specific guide on how to date "feminist women"
    This list makes it seem like they're aliens

• Women that "want to be treated as an equal" are feminists. That's what feminists are.

• @crayolacupcake
      "No True Scotsman is a logical fallacy by which an individual attempts to avoid being associated with an unpleasant act (in this case, rad fems) by asserting that no true member of the group they belong to would do such a thing (in this case, you)"
      That's exactly what it is.
      I don't hate femimists but there is a reason why I am not one anymore and you can point out the dictionary definition of feminism all you want but most people judge a movement/ideology by it's action not what the definition is. Most feminist (in my experience, not generalizing) preach for equal rights but do nothing to fight for male ones.
      Take Marxism for example, the definition of establishing a utopian society with no social classes and private property seems perfect, but in reality it is unattainable.

• Yeah, I understand what you're saying. Thank you. :)

• Great tips, generally, but I don't think many men on GaG are interested in dating us. Like I don't even think these tips will be necessary or useful for most of their lives. lol But it's nice to put some tips out there.

However, not all feminists are the same. Certain things will vary, but generally this applies pretty consistently.

But most serious feminists won't find themselves trying to date men who openly disrespect or disagree with feminism. And you'll find that in specific very liberal political/social circles, there are often men who fully understand feminism, and history and politics in general, and can meet you exactly where you are. Thats the goal right there. When that happens, and he just gets it... perfection. The meeting of intelligent, conscious minds. Being with someone who can talk about things on the same wavelength is always magical. It's like your brains are f*cking too. It's so good. Thats what you should look for, in my opinion, my feministas. Although, I do know it isn't as common as the alternative, so I understand that struggle.

• They confuse feminist and "feminazi" all the time.

• @Bards

If you so much as whisper the word "feminist" on GaG, expect all shit to hit the fan. Creating a list about how to date feminists is kind of like throwing meat to the wolves.

• Hahah yess xD

• Could we just go with the golden rule of treating people how you want to be treated? While I guess I am a feminist by definition in that I believe in equality (I've always had mixed feelings about the term), this article seems a bit to harsh in tone. Some of these are redundant or just seem like things I don't want. I am independent, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate help when it is offered. I think some people use the independent badge as a way of covering up trust issues they have with people (though I understand not everyone can be trusted. Also, if I have standards for who I date, it's only fair that that person have standards for me. If I want respect, support, and acceptance, I should be able to give it in return, right? If not, that's called hypocrisy.

• Most feminists are Lesbians, and the ones who aren't Lesbians hate men. So... what is the point of this? And don't tell me it's about equal rights. When I see feminists on Facebook/Twitter bashing men and claiming to be oppressed by men all the time, it's quite easy to see they hate men. If I was a man, I would refuse to date a feminist myself. I don't see how feminists are any different from the KKK, Westboro Baptist Church or any other hate organization.

• i agree with you. and omg I have never heard of that church until now. wow that is terrible!!

• @Eiffelgirl21 Yeah they're sick. I also think it's funny that some people think feminism is about the equality of the sexes just because it was in a Beyonce song. We all know Beyonce received her PhD, right? Who wouldn't take what she says seriously.

• haha I know right! sad everyone listens to celebs these days. the way they talk, dress, act, and what they believe in is reflected from them

• Love this take!! I was so scared it was going to be the way extreme feminists are, when they are strong women when they want to be, and weak women any other time. I would call myself a feminist, but I don't want to be babied. Sure, I can't lift heavy things, but I give it a damn good try to not ask for help. I want to be respected, not as a woman, but as an individual. I hate when guys look at me like "stupid woman" or that I'm too girly to get dirty or something. Also, I hate the double standards relating to sex, body hair, gender roles etc . which is more or less where the "feminism" in me comes from.

• Lol. This has to be satire

• Most of the things on these list should be for dating a girl in general.

• I'm one of the few girls who are not enjoy with the whole feminist deal. If I were a guy, I'd wreck my head trying to impress a girl who is waaay into feminism. I don't think it as that bad of a deal but some just take it way too serious and it makes things had for everyone else.

• You're not one of the few girls. Actually, young women under 30 DESPISE feminism. Feminists are usually in their 40's/50's and won't be around too much longer. Feminism peaked in the 1970's/80's.

• Im a feminist and although these are true I'd still be willing to reverse these roles. Feminism is about equality, even if it doesn't benefit you (such as men and women being punished the same for crimes).

My boyfriend is aware that im a feminist and he's pretty cool with it, I don't mind the sexist jokes as long as they don't go too far. But he'll know when to stop so I don't think it's an issue.

The thing with dating a feminist is that if she has to relate everything to it, she's probably just a bitch. You can still have a laugh about sexist things but don't cross the line, you know?

• I am a feminist. I don't want to be with a man who thinks my feminism makes me a bad person.

Cute list. A little over-simplified, but cute all the same.

• Some of the comments on here are shocking but not surprising. Not all feminists hate men, that is a feminazi. The whole point of feminism is equal rights between the sexes and genders. These tips should be applied to the rules of dating in general. Just because women want to be taken seriously and have the same value in the world as men doesn't mean they hate men. At the end of the day we are all human, we should concentrate on that.

• Again, another 21 year old expert! In your whole 21 years of experience (with about 2/3 of them absolutely clueless about this issue), you have the answer, eh? Or are you just equivocating for those that belong to your gender, because you belong TO that gender. Part of the problem with our society, is that we've become increasingly blind to the view outside the walls of our cliques... The cliché is to, "Walk a mile in someone else's shoes..." If you walk that same mile, in your own shoes, you'll still be clueless about the wants, needs, dreams, challenges, quirks, etc of anyone outside your sphere of understanding. You can continue living in your bubble, or you can join the rest of the world and see that your comment above, is as useless as a box of rocks or planting a dead shrub... Good luck to you...

• Oh how I love ageist comments and I think I can detect a little sexism too! actually most young people are not clueless to this issue, as from a young age we are conditioned through society to uphold idealised gender roles (A female does not belong to the female gender, she is part of the female sex and the gender she takes is optional). This could be from something little as going into a toy store as a child and seeing all the female toys centre on a domestic themes and the boys are based on action and adventure. Your comment is somewhat baseless as I choose to be painfully aware as opposed to blissfully ignorant.

• To all the men here saying they wouldn't date a feminist;
    Do you agree that women are equal human beings? Do you agree that women should have the right to vote, earn equal pay and have the right to voice their opinions? Do you agree that a woman's worth is not based purely on her physical attractiveness alone?
    If so, congratulations. You are a feminist.

• I was on board until your last line. Don't force titles on people it's only going to make them resent you.

• Women are not equal to men and never will be we are diffrent
      What decade are you living in this is why no man wants a feminist because we have to deal with this stupid shit we hear on a daily basis

• i believe women are equal, but biologically different, and therefore should have different roles. what does that make me? :P

• This is more like tips on how to date an independent woman who demands respect and believes in equality.

• In other words, a feminist.

• Respect is earned. Just because a person demands respect doesn't mean mean he or she deserves respect

• @Thisperson01 I don't mean she literally demands it like a toddle, but her aura and self independence makes you respect her naturally.

• More from Girls
    13