MyTake - Depression overtaking relationships

Another journal entry, wanting to discuss.

All I can think about is how I'm going to handle it when we end. I wish that wasn't the only thought on my mind but it is. When it's over or he leaves, I'll need to get on meds I won't be able to handle it, I can barely handle myself now, but right now I don't want to be on mind altering medication as there's lots of side effects and it ruins relationships. But without him, the sadness would ruin my mind and soul. Will he ever end it with me? I don't know. And I know I won't because I just want to be with him no matter what. I don't want to talk to him about how I feel. I just know that I'll barely survive it if we do even go our separate ways.

I'll love him forever. He's my one love no matter what, no matter how much it seems like I don't care. There is just too much wrong with me and honestly I don't know if I can fix myself. But right now honestly all I can see for myself is darkness, I can't find the light.

I want to be together more but that scares me too because if we become closer will it push us apart? It always seems good when you're only brushing the surface so will everything corrupt if we go any deeper.

4
3

Join the discussion

Most Helpful Guys

• OlderAndWiser

Your depression and need for him to relieve you of your agony places great pressures on a relationship and probably increases the odds that you will eventually break up. Are you doing something now to address the causes of your depression?

• Whatsthetruthworth69

Thoughts like that will only insure that outcome. Work on the relationship you have with yourself. Love yourself then you can truly love someone else... Easier said than done

Most Helpful Girl

• ILoveAnime

I really think you should see a psychologist/psychiatrist. I think it would be benefitial for you. You are clearly not okay. You need help. And that's fine. Don't feel ashamed for something you can not control.

22
  • motownplayer2000

You need some help mentally. What your doing and how your posting about this boy is unhealthy... honestly, the best thing you both can do is break up. This over-dependence, clinginess, and all is going to lead you down a path where your mental health will not be able to recover! Seek help first, break up with him for your own mental health, continue seeking help, find yourself, explore and face your issues and insecurities. Then try dating when you have better coping skills, and no dependence on someone

• I can’t leave

• He’ll find some way to stay in my life unless I come up with something

• You can. Your just finding an excuse not too... you can do whatever you want too if you ACTUALLY want to and realize that's what you need

• CubaPirate

It's just something you'll have to learn to live with you'll have good days and bad days. In my experience it's about focusing on the positive

• luvstoned4him

You gotta love you more first

• LuWe22

Get professional help