How to respond to silent treatment?

I'm pretty sure my boyfriend is giving me a silent treatment. It wouldn't be the first time. He has a tendency of getting mad over small, unrealistic things and not talking about it, just turning his head away leaving me wondering what the fuck I did or say wrong. I think I know why he's doing it now; well few weeks ago we had an argument about sex (he literally wants to have all the damn time, 24/7) and I told him that I want us to do some other activities as well, that pussy is not a supermarket, that I need a breather. He didn't say it but it was written on his face how offended he got. He just said "okay" and he really didn't initiate it for few days and we did some other activities those days. Few days ago I wanted to have sex and he rejected me. I tried couple of more times but he just brushed me away. I asked him if everything is okay and he said everything is great. Then the next day he rejected me again and I snapped. I asked him why and he just said "well, now you know how I felt. sucks, right?". I lost every interest of having sex with him right there and then and told him that I'm not going to put up with his childish behavior, that I won't bug him anymore and that the next time he's butthurt about something he should communicate it. It's been 4 days since then and now he is totally giving me the silent treatment. He acts uninterested, often doesn't pick up the phone, texts back late with one word responses, etc. Would text me a cute emoji from time to time, then go radio silent. He used to text me good morning every day, and today he didn't. Didn't heard from him all day. I think he wants me to chase after him, but no way in hell I'm doing that. I have no time nor energy for his stupid mind games. How should react to this?
You guys misunderstood. I did not went all bitchy on him when I said my pussy is not a supermarket, it didn't happened just like that. Within first week we started having sex I noticed that that's the only thing he likes doing. I invite him for activities all the time (like going out, doing some sport, having dates, watching movies, etc.) and he says "okay" but always cancels last minute. And then I told him I can't do only sex all the time and that I doubt how serious he is about this relation

3377

Most Helpful Guys

• When someone is giving you the silent treatment they want you to try to get their attention and they're usually doing it to get a reaction from you, or at least they want to give you the silent treatment for a little bit and then wait for you to try to talk to them again. The best way to handle it is to act like you're not bothered at all by it rather than getting angry and trying to get them to talk to you. If for example he goes silent on you and won't talk about whatever it is that has bothered him, instead of getting angry or frustrated by it, laugh to yourself at how silly he's acting. Learn to find it funny instead, and then go and do something else rather than waste time letting him annoy you. Wait for him to get back to you and when he does mock him for acting like a child. Whatever you do don't let him know that he's getting to you and don't try to fix it, instead make him feel like an idiot and let him fix the awkwardness he created.

• You're not being a good girlfriend either. You hurt his feelings. Just because a guy had urges for sex that is too often for you. You get in an argument with him and say your pussy is not a super market? Why don't you be the bigger person this time apologize that you hurt his feelings. Just explain to him that sometimes he's going to have to take care of business on his own.

What he's doing is pretty petty but it doesn't seem like you are really trying to sympathize with him and all you think he's just a guy and wants sex to much.

Most Helpful Girls

• He stated what he wanted. You stated that 24/7 is not what you want, that you want to have other activities to do too. Not that you were rejecting him or sex, but the frequency in which he wanted. Where you both erred is coming to a compromise right then and there about how often each week. He took what you said as a complete rejection of sex, which I don't think you meant. Now is sulking and making you 'pay' by rejecting your advances for sex and cutting communication. He is acting very immature about it. I would tell him that you both should have come to a compromise on sex frequency then, but you didn't, but would like to do that now. If he is mature he will respond. If not, that is your sign he is not mature enough to be in a relationship, as there will always be something that comes up that both need to be mature enough to discuss. If he can't be mature, there are other men out there that are. Find one of them.

• I find silent treatment to show an inability to deal maturely. It's something I expect from my children, not my SO.
    I think own time to think over things is a great thing (thus it should be communicated that time to think is wanted) but silent treatment is different. It's an immature way, and a will, to hurt the other person.
    If you want to work on what you've got, you need to communicate.

I've been in your shoes, where sex 24/7 was all that mattered. And I'm a person that need conversation about everything else, have things to take care of, want to be doing things together (or not do anything but together).. We did not come to the same conclusion, he acted like a child, and I lost all attraction with time; thus ended it after 5 years.

I think you need to have a clear sit-down, allow each other to talk openly and honestly.

Sometimes, it's obvious how different we are and how far apart our needs are in our relationships. To want sex often is fine, but then you're not compatible if both don't have the same need.

I would talk about it with him and then examine what comes up.
    Sometimes it's hard to realize that love is not always enough.