Would you still be with your partner if they had an accident that mutilated their face?

The accident doesn't have to be your fault even though in this case it was the guy's stupidity that caused the accident. Here's what happened if you don't feel like watching the video:

Okay so in 2016 they'd only been married for 2 months and they were both sitting by a campfire one night. The fire was dying out so the husband decides to pour gasoline on it and is surprised when it explodes and burns his wife's face. Long story short, he left her 2 weeks after she got out of the hospital. She's 2 million dollars in medical debt (at the time of this video) and he wouldn't even apologize to her because he said, "it was just an accident."
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Depends (Explain)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I could still be friend with them, but I wouldn't have sex with them if I'm not sexually attracted to them. The difference between just being friends and being something more is intimate parts like sex.

I would give them economically and emotionally support, just not sex. I don't want to be a bad person, but I don't want to lie either and pretend to enjoy something I won't enjoy. To me looks are important for attraction. Even though I don't plan to getting any children. I'd rather have a sexual relationship with someone who appear beautiful because of cosmetic surgeries than someone who's biological beautiful, but gets their face injured severely.

0|1
    1|0
  • Depends on how bad it is and if she was changed by the accident. I think I could definitely be around longer than 2 weeks though!
    Also to the 50+ percent of women I think maybe 10-20% are being honest. They may not say it's the disfigurement but they'll find a reason to leave such as "He was angrier" or "He didn't seem the same afterwards" or "I just needed space and found someone new".
    I wouldn't blame anyone either unless they completely bailed with no reason or apology or remorse.

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Accident? That should be classified asuder attempt. Who the fuck throws gasoline on fire and calls it an accident? He isn't even sorry. He shpuld have paid her medical bills at least.
    I don't know if o could be with someone who is mutilated/disabled honestly, but if I was responsible I would try to make up for it.

5|4
    0|0
    • Yeah, he should get charged with something! I'm surprised he didn't. Maybe she didn't want to press any? He should still be responsible for her medical bills though. At least paying them slowly.

• If I love is real, anything is possible.
    There are people who are as ugly as Satan since birth and still have partners who can handle their faces...

Love is blind, mental and sayings the best torture Hell came up to get back at humans.

1|1
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• This is where your true feelings starts to show, if you truly love them or you're with them just for their physical appearance.

5|3
    0|0
  • That’s an awful thing to ask.

People aren’t who they are because of the way they look. It’s who they are on the inside! Being disfigured later in life does not change a person who they are and how they were to you with you and loved you.

This is just awful!

I’ve been disfigured from having cancer so do I not deserve to be loved anymore?

0|1
    0|1
    • Most people, if not everyone, deserves to be loved but am I the only person who thinks the amount of women saying yes is too High? Like are women that much better or are they just saying yes more? Because I've known women who will dump guys over a late text or rude but we'll meaning comment

• Show All
    • Are you asking me that? Or simply clarifying.

• There’s nothing to ask from my end my answer and thoughts are clear.

Your the one who feels it’s something to question and think about

• "I... I don't know... what... I'd be apologizing for."
    I know it's a sad story and all but this part had me laughing pretty hard. He clearly doesn't want to be held liable for 2 million dollars worth of medical bills.

0|1
    0|0
    • Right! Dude just wants to get away with everything without any hassle. I wish someone would do the same to him xD

• I would still love him. . and be with him.. and I would spend the rest of my life feeling terrible every day for ruining his beauty... but maybe he wouldn't want me anymore? because I caused everything. Maybe he would hate me.

0|1
    0|0
    • I said in the bio: "The accident doesn't have to be your fault even though in this case it was the guy's stupidity that caused the accident."

• Ill be honest, it would really suck, because my partner has such a handsome face, but of course I wouldn't leave him. If it was the other way around, I wouldn't want him to leave me just because im disfigured. They are still who I love, just don't look the same. Unless their personality changed at the same time, I would stick around

1|1
    0|0
  • I personally would, but I understand why some people wouldn’t. Disabilities can be straining, but if I were in a committed relationship or marriage then for me me personally that means I’m sticking with them through thick and thin

3|2
    0|0
  • I'd stay.

That guy is clearly an absolute retard. He says he didn't apologise because she threatened to shoot him, if I were her I'd shoot the cunt.

1|3
    0|0
  • Fuck that is terrible. That guy as not attractive either. I'd think I would still stay with someone, but god she got ugly! I think I'd stay though because the mental connect could still be very strong and she could still have a nice body. Wow that guy is retarded and didn't even apologize.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would still definitely love them, but I would definitely not be attracted to them anymore. They would look so different and weird. That's why I don't like when girls (or boys) alter their appearance drastically.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course if the person you are with has an accident it's not their fault and if you actually carr about that person the looks won't bother u.. might be hard to see past it at first depending how bad it was but wouldn't leave them

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh shit he is DIRTY for that 😂
    I’m really not that picky when it comes to looks so I doubt that break up with them over an accident.

2|4
    0|0
  • Everyone will say yes. But the truth is, many people wouldn't be able to live with it.

2|7
    1|0
  • I'm in a relationship now, and yes, I would still be with my boyfriend if something happened to him that changed his physical appearance. I love him, and I'm committed to him. I will be by his side through and through.

0|1
    0|0
    • Also I would feel he would need me even more then in that desperate situation. Leaving him would be the last thing on my mind. I'm a loyal woman, and when I promise that I will be there for him for life, I will make good on that.

Now if I could just make him marry me. Lol.

• yes as long as im already in love with her and we have a significant relationship... like your wife
    I would not leave

but a girlfriend, yes I would...

0|2
    1|0
  • That's a tough one. Answering this in the absence of love makes it tough to honestly say yes

0|7
    0|0
  • Definitely YES.
    I fought for our love so hard and even had to go against my mother. There is no way I'm just going to give up just because of an accident.

I've read of that case before. I feel terrible for the woman and it doesn't sound like the husband truly love her. If that was me and my man got disfigured because of my stupidity, I would forever be overwhelmed with so much guilt.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course. I would even perfect a method of growing new faces from starfish dna so that she could be beautiful again. In the meantime I would insist on her becoming a muslim and wearing a burqa or paper bag, even at home. Looks are all a woman has to offer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course I would, I did not get with that person because of their looks, I got with them because of their heart and because what they're willing to do for me as I would for them. Now if that trauma cause them to be a jerk, and they become a changed person I can't handle and accept anymore. Then naturally of course I would leave them. Not because they had an accident, but the fact that they allowed at accident to destroy what we already had. The last thing a person needs , is to have somebody take out their pain on you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course I would. It wouldn't have been real love if someone left.

2|2
    0|0
  • I'm not having sex with them anymore if they are deformed. They'd have to accept that

0|3
    6|5
    • What if you are in their shoes? What if you the one who is deformed and they don't want to have sex with you? Would you accept that

• Show All
    • @anametouse I'm not just a dog, I'm a doggie dog

• Whatever helps you feel better. Better an animal than deformed

• If you took the vow you took the vow. One of you may stroke out, become disabled, lose a limb, become disfigured whatever

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I wouldn't chose a partner for just their looks and I believe in the near future face surgery will be a lot easier/advanced.

1|1
    0|0
  • Love is more than just looks. She would still be the person I fell in love with not just a face

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, if im with someone it ain't for their looks anyways, as long as their still chill.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends how bad it is if whole face I just would not be able to even tho I feel terrible saying that

0|1
    0|0
  • If I love her, ofcourse... if not so, it might make it even worse staying...

0|1
    0|0
  • littlelofty I could not leave anyone if they ended up like that, stay with them and look after her for the rest of your lives. She is still the same on the inside. And you love her right?

0|0
    0|0
  • After a certain point in a relationship, it's not really about looks anymore. It's dependent much more on emotional connection and compatibility.

0|0
    0|0
  • Id have to say no. If im not attracted to the person id have to leave them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course!!! I'm not a pathetic shallow piece of trash

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, but I'm not a shallow little shit, either, unlike most people.

0|0
    0|0
  • wow i am just fucking speechless right now

1|1
    0|0
  • Damn.

0|2
    0|0
  • It would be hard but I don't think I'd leave them.

0|2
    0|0
  • well considering I don't have a partner...

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I would

0|1
    0|1
  • if we're married , i can't leave him

0|1
    0|0
  • No way, I am done with that girl than

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Looks are the most important thing

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes. You'd be a shallow asshole to leave

0|1
    0|0
  • Hard to say

0|1
    0|0
  • PSA on not marrying morons.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, it would be hard for me to say unless I was actually in that situation because I don't think this can be answered with logic but rather emotions. How strongly I felt about that person will affect my feelings on if I want to be with them forever or not. Thinking of the total number of women I have fallen for in my life, there is only one that I think I would stay with them without a shadow of a doubt had that happened to their face.

0|1
    0|0
    • I think I should also note that had I been the one that caused the disfiguration like in this guys' case, I don't know how I could leave them. Unlike this guy, I'd feel extremely responsible. Almost to the point where I would make myself feel obligated to stay with her.

• No... but we could still be friends lol

Lol @ all the women claiming they would. This is what makes me laugh about women the lie even when there's no repercussions for telling tbe truth. They won't evev admit it to themselves they're that shallow.

1|0
    2|0
    • They're shallow? You're the one who said you wouldn't stay

• @mistixs yeah who said i wasn't shallow? Certainly not me. Lol

• Well duh! If you’re with them just for their looks alone, you have issues.

2|2
    0|0
    • For many, they don't date for looks alone. But they love the combination of looks and personality. Though I do agree that Agape type of love is one to be respected!

• Show All
    • Hmmm I think it’s more to do with life experience too. You become more welll rounded and appreciative as you go through life, or experiences. Materialistic shit is shadowed by real shit.

• That’s what makes relationships solid, and I think that’s why a lot of young people struggle. They’re more subconsciously about their own needs at this point generally even if they believe otherwise.

Recommended myTakes