What mostly all religious ministers are doing wrong - a lesson God taught me today

When I first became a citizen of heaven I felt perfectly content and satisfied with my life

I decided I wanted to become a rich Christian author or dream interpreter and I began to study the bible a lot

Well this was happening, a huge void entered in my life - this endless bottomless pit of loneliness that nothing and nobody could fill

I tried prayer and worship and service and goal setting and bible study and endless conversation with others and nothing worked.

Today I figured out what the problem was

Here is an image of Jesus entering the temple and driving out the money changers and the dove sellers

He screamed “How dare you turn my fathers house into a place of business?”

My problem was I was trying to turn my faith in God into a means of income.

God pays you with spiritual goods for spiritual service

If you want money you must work in the physical world

As Jesus said give to God the spiritual goods that are due to God and give to the human economic system the goods that are due to the human economic system

All these who try to sell God for money whether pastors or motivational speakers or psychotherapists will end up with voids in their spirit either in this world or in the next after death

A lot of people have asked me why I like a disabled guy who is less likely to become rich

But the joy of loving God and His creation is something no money can buy

Many have money but not compassion and end up miserable and suicidal

In the same way you would not sell your children for money

So you cannot sell God for money and still have God left over

6
2

Most Helpful Guys

• Jjpayne
    I completely agree! Let what belongs to the world belong to the world and what belongs to God, let it belong to God.

To me, that guy in last Christmas working in a volunteer soup kitchen, that's the guy I'd want to date if I were to ever be interested in guys. Over the powerful man in a suit mainly because of warmth and humility
    Is this still revelant?
    • Jjpayne

Thank you for the mho 😊

• Pete671
    Great post!, so many ministers are just in it for money and power, also to feed their own egos, and also for darker reasons,,,
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

24
  • cth96190
    The Christian ministers who you say are teaching error are the evangelical prosperity gospel crowd, such as Benny Hinn and Creflow L. Dollar.
    What they teach has very little in common with Christianity.
    As for the whip in the temple incident, the words used by Christ were “den of thieves”.
    God is all for people being prosperous, provided that (a) you are honest and (b) that you always put God first.
  • Gedaria
    It's not wrong to be rich. It's where it is in your life.
    Serving God should be in first place.
    But there are so many facets to serving God.
    How you treat people
    How much do you share your knowledge or beliefs with them.
    But we all need to live and we need money to do this.
    Some people are good at doing this and still put God first...
  • Massageman
    When do you get your own church to pastor? Great take! Amen!

"Many have money but not compassion and end up miserable and suicidal"

" It's a Wonderful Life", Jimmy Stewart , and other contemporary examples
    reflect this simple concept. It's too bad mankind slopped it up and made it too foggy to see, or too complex to understand (focusing on man's secular stuff).

Then Jesus said to them, "Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's." And they were amazed at him. Mark 12: 17
  • collie22
    mostly they don't read the bible verse by verse
  • syskerully
    God doesn't exist.
  • daj86
    Book of bible stories picture