More thoughts on the Mark of the beast in revelations

I believe the Mark of the Beast is a symbol for those who worship the wrath of God or the wrath of men instead of worshiping the love of God and charity of men.

People who carry the Mark are fire and brimstone preachers who know everything about the anger and punishment of God but have no idea who or what or how God loves His creation or who and what and how creation loves other created beings. They are pessimist while a true Christian is a loving and compassionate optimist.

7
2

Most Helpful Girl

• Kashelybee
    This is so deep! I love to actually hear this. I have a lot of family members who preach reaping and sowing. How do you feel about that aspect? I used to be so afraid of that saying.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Sowing is not just what you plant but also where you plan it it whether your building your knowledge on a foundation of love, or whether your building your knowledge on a foundation of bitterness and hate

• Kashelybee

So are you saying that if you do something out of bitterness and hate it will come back as that

• It won’t lead to progress but whether it leads to punishment - that depends on God

Most Helpful Guy

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

16
  • Jjpayne
    I think that's key, God sees the potential of a person not their sin. Personally, while it's not biblical, God hates the sin but loves the sinner.

Church is not a museum for good people but a hospital for the brokenMore thoughts on the Mark of the beast in revelations
  • 666 brings up some good memories & at my old bank I had a safety deposit box & the first time the branch manager gave me a key it was to box 666 & she said is that ok & I said hell yeah & she started laughing.
    • I joke about a lot of things but I don’t joke about the bible - hopefully I can learn more recipes from your food posts one day

• CuteNerd9
    I agree. Both law and gospel are necessary. Spending too much time preaching one without the other is damaging to the Christian. The law is needed to hold a mirror to the sinful human to help us understand the state our souls are in and the helpless reality of death and damnation without a savior. Its meant to illustrate that we cannot save ourselves. We need Christ. But then the good news of the gospel needs to be preached so that we know we need no despair. We have a loving and merciful God who sent his son to save us.
  • MyBigMystery
    I feel like headbutting something till my brain falls out thanks
  • Wade8888
    I recommend you read Deuteronomy 28.
  • SlightlyEccentric
    Fuck me this is why I can't stand religion
    • Kiss_Me

Then move along. Why post vulgar, derogatory comments about it? It says more about you than the religion.

• Tim-loves-it
    Correct!