Why as a member of the LGBTQ+ community, we should have equal rights.

YaBoiJacob

As a member of the LGBTQ+ community, I personally don't experience much hate, but that is mainly because I have kept quiet about my being Bi. Living in an ultra conservative area, I see a lot of arguments from their side. (which sadly consist of a lot of biblical text) I'm not against Christianity by any means, and I would consider myself a Christian, (but in America anyways) it just seems like we can't get past the separation of church and state. The rainbow flag is considered by many a symbol of LGBTQ+ pride, while certain christians claim that it was stolen and should be given back.

LGBTQ+ members holding a large flag during a march

I think it is not much to ask for, equal rights wise, to be able to purchase a house when I grow older without the worry of my gender preference being a factor. And as for the "the Bible condemns same-sex relations", I have read the Bible, I respect your point of view, but I also think that there is some flaw in the interpretation of the verses you are using.

But, as always, in certain situations you can only wish that things were different.

6
42
6Girl Opinion
42Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• icequeen03

I agree. A disagreement over how someone is should be no reason for them not to be equal when they're hurting no one being themselves

LikeDisagree 3 People
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• msc545

I agree completely with you, but remember, things are at least sort of changing in the right direction, albeit slowly.

LikeDisagree 4 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

541
  • Sweetener_

You're deceiving yourself brother. You can't be a homosexual and a Christian at the same time because there are two different spirits.
    No matter our proclivities or attractions, we cannot continue to define ourselves by the very sins that crucified Jesus and at the same time assume we are right with God. Paul lists many of the sins that the Corinthians once practiced (homosexuality is on the list). But in 1 Corinthians 6:11, he reminds them, “That is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God” In other words, some of the Corinthians, before they were saved, lived homosexual lifestyles; but no sin is too great for the cleansing power of Jesus. Once cleansed, we are no longer defined by sin. And there's no "flaw" or need for an interpretation, the Bible is clear on homosexuality. Leviticus 18:22 (KJV) Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (KJV) Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

And not only did the LGBTQ corrupt the rainbow but they also named it PRIDE. Willingly boasting in their sin.

Proverbs 16:18-19 (KJV) Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
    Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

1 Peter 5:6-7 (KJV) Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
    Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

God loves you, and God’s forgiveness is available to the homosexual just as it is to the adulterer, idol worshiper, murderer, and thief. God promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation (1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Philippians 4:13).

LikeDisagree 18 People
    Reply
    • msc545

Ignore this woman. There is always one in every bunch.

• And there's always one in every bunch that chooses to turn a blind eye to what the Word of God says because it doesn't please their flesh. I'm so sorry for you because you're lost. I'll pray for you ❤

• msc545

Do you have any idea how disgustingly offensive your post is? People that are gay are not gay by choice, and being gay is not a sin. What is sinful is trying to shame someone for it as you are doing.

• strawberrylipstick

going by their logic:

if we really "stole the flag" from christians and everyone else (literally including god himself) then we are more powerful than god and therefore we should rule the world

LikeDisagree 4 People
    Reply
  • Toast792

I think people need to grow up. this is part of the reason I left that religion in the first place. Let people do what they want. It doesn't really affect you anyway. Wouldn't you rather see people happy then hear they committed suicide bc they were told there 'was something wrong with them' and they 'should go die?' And Christians are supposed to be the (self proclaimed) 'Peaceful and accepting community that just wants to help people live their best lives' yadda yadda. whatever.

LikeDisagree 3 People
    Reply
    • what if i told you it did hurt people?

democracy depends on compromise to work, the more types of people there are the harder it is to find common ground and thus compromise. eventually gridlock sets in, people are too different to get along and we inevitably destroy eachother

democracy cannot exist with diversity; not for long

• Toast792

@007kingifrit This kind of thing really isn't that important though, what you say would make sense if people were arguing over something 'life or death' but something this simple should at least be able to be overlooked. People should shift their concerns over to something that greatly affects the nation rather then 'yOu lIkE sOmEoNe I dOn'T wAnT yOu tO lIkE? hOw dArE yOu!' if it bothers you that much then just ignore it.

• @Toast792 Real Christians don't tell people to die or commit suicide. Accepting is what the world wants everyone to be. So we should be accepting of rape and pedophiles? Those things are unacceptable to most of society. So was being gay up until recent times. More vets commit suicide in a day than any gays, but does anyone give a shit about them? Gays act too entitled when they are no better than straights. And that is what people have an issue with. And it does affect us when they try and push their life style on us, the same way you rail against Christians for doing the same. Kind of hypocritical don't you think? I don't know what religion you were part of but men today want to be tickled by what they want and accept everything that most people find abhorrent and not what God says. Who will be your final judge? God or men?

• Jamie05rhs

That was a very respectful and well thought-out post. I first want to start out by saying that I respect you, and I value your contributions to your community and our country.
    I personally am one of those Christians who believes that the homosexual lifestyle is not a correct way to live.
    I do, however, think you should have equal rights. With the only exception being the adoption of children.

Like 2 People
    Reply
    • Thanks, that means a lot. This is why I stay, people who will respect others opinions even if their not their own.

• No problem, brother. :)

• razelove

You have every single right that a straight person does, what you might not have is an availability of partners because they're on the DL because of your age. One of my family members living out in Mississippi had that issue, and it made him fairly depressed and moody, you know, not getting laid or having a boyfriend for stretches of years at a time, then having to settle hard.

It's really cities vs. more rural. Being gay isn't a majority thing, it's a small percentage, so if you live in a small area, there will be few people in your dating pool, friends, as you referred to churches. Moving to an area with a higher population density, be it in Texas, Pennsylvania, what have you there will be more people who are outliers, enough so to make their own places to feel comfortable, that you could feel comfortable in too.

Bide your time, you have 3 years until you turn 18, pick a college elsewhere, learn ways other people live in other places, look back on your folks and your home town fondly when, you know, you're not living there anymore.

Don't expect other people to change for you, change your situation for the better, you know, when you can. Teenage years suck for everyone, not just because you're gay. I'm pretty sure mine were awkward and tense with not being able to fit in anywhere too, but for the life of me I can't remember them.

Reply
  • lightbulb27

all people should have equal rights to live live to the fullest. If they are adults, they can make the decisions for their lives... as long as they are not imposing their will upon another.

You have rights and you have responsibilities as an adult. People forget about that.

What you don't have the right to do is project your beliefs onto someone else or physically impose upon another. That is where things get messed up. These either are or can be mental/emotional issues and people are emotional beings and can be impacted negatively. Too many children are walking around with the question "am I bi", "what sex am I"? That did not exist when I was younger. That is totally F'd up because of a few people who are Fd up. It's sick, and it's wrong.

That's not your fault, just saying...
    We have hormone issues in this country and maybe the world. That should be obvious. Our society has "normalized" abnormal and made "normal" to be bad. It's human nature to do this, but it's messed up.

To me it is simply a convenient form of population control by way of some unforseen hands or mistakes in environmental policy.

Reply
  • TOTEMPLASTER

If you are an American citizen, you already have 'equal rights'.
    Asking for more means you want special rights and for that wish you can go f*ck yourself, narcissist whiner.

Like 6 People
    Reply
  • Bat-Perv

You have equal rights but don't expect special treatment

Why as a member of the LGBTQ+ community, we should have equal rights.Why as a member of the LGBTQ+ community, we should have equal rights.Why as a member of the LGBTQ+ community, we should have equal rights.
    Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • JuliaStyles

Equal rights are one thing but when they feel entitled and have to play the gender card when straight people can't is another. In my state a bakery didn't want to make a wedding cake for a gay wedding. A straight person, if someone didn't want to make him a cake they would just go to another bakery. But gay people had to make a big stink about it and put the bakery out of business. Now what if those bakery owners didn't want to make a cake for a straight person because it violated they religious convictions because the person wanted a dick and pussy on it? Could they sue for that? I'm sure only a gay person would make an issue of something because they think their rights are more important than someone else's rights, which doesn't make them equal.

Only gay rights matter, not someone's religious rights unless it is for wearing a burka- it's like Reverse Discrimination.

LikeDisagree 6 People
    Reply
    • People have no respect for each other anymore smh

• smølf

It all depends on the reasons why. If they didn't have gay cakes and do not make custom cakes then it was fine. If they do make customer-made cakes and just wanted to enforce their morals on customers then it's really all right.

You can't say whites only in this shop, because I believe in racism.

Just because you own a shop doesn't mean you are free to not be in compliance with the law of the land, and this does include non-discriminatory behavior.

It's not about gay rights, it's about human rights, we should all have the same right and enjoy the same personal freedom.

• RingOfFire

You do have equal rights. What equal right do you think you don't you have?

Maybe you are confused. You do NOT have a right to have everyone else approve of your lifestyle. No one has that right. Its up to you to understand that you don't have a right to that and some people will disapprove of it. They have as much right to disapprove of your lifestyle as you have to live it. Disapproval of your lifestyle is NOT a violation of your rights because you don't have a right to approval.

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • RolandCuthbert

Haha!!!

Good luck with this thread. I think you are probably the only gay guy here who may not be a trump supporter.

LikeDisagree 5 People
    Reply
  • ItsTheNephilim

I don't see a reason why there be so much pride rallies and all. Equal rights, fuck yeah. Pride? Uhh... pointless in my opinion.

For the religious people who are too bothered about other people's lives, your God created you, your God created a person belonging to the LGBTQ community. Your God can handle him/her, it's under his will that the said person is the way he/she is. No need for you to interfere unless they are committing some kind of crime or forcing anything on you.

Reply
  • HikerDude

What the hell are you talking about? No one is going to even care who you fuck when you go to buy a house, let alone try to stop you from it. Gay people have equal rights. What they really want are special rights.

Disagree 1 Person
    Reply
  • Hydra6544

1. There are only two genders end of story
    2. the rainbow was a symbol from God as a promise to never flood the earth again.

LikeDisagree 5 People
    Reply
  • bamesjond0069

"... but I also think that there is some flaw in the interpretation of the verses you are using."

Nope its plain as day and written multiple times that its bad. You are under the influence of a demon if you think the words don't mean what they say. I see this all the time, Bible says specifically one thing and people say it means the opposite. Smh. How intellectually lazy to just lie. Which is another sin by the way.

Reply
    • As a Hebrew speaker. almost all of those verses were referring to pedophilia not homosexuality

• So all the other thousands of hebrew scholars over thousands of years from different countries and backgrounds are wrong. And some pink on gag has proved them all wrong. Sorry if i doubt you.

• RationalMale

What I see a lot is people in your lifestyle hating regular people. And seriously, if you need to host massive parades to tell everyone that you are gay and want to bang men--you need to get out of the house and get a life.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Stoner710

Because there people whom you like to sleep with has nothing to do with weather or not you should have rights, I’m on the far right and I’m saying this

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • gotc147

You already have equal rights, if anything you have the landscape tipped in your favor.

LikeDisagree 3 People
    Reply
  • es20490446e

Man, it isn't because you are bi. It's just that some people have opinions about everything. They are just wrong.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • jshm2

Nope. You shouldn't on those grounds.

There is only so many pieces that the pie can be cut into. Societies cannot look after everyone equally. It's just not viable.

Reply
  • Show More (26)