How I view the eye as a lamp of the body

jennifer_bloom

In the bible Jesus says,

Matthew 6:22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!”

The way I see the good eye is that it is based on a point of view with three foundations: Patience, Trust and Appreciative Understanding.

Patience in knowing God’s purpose will ultimately prevail.

Trust in knowing God will reward your pain and punish your opponents.

Understanding in knowing your enemies had lives before and after they met you and are greater than their crime against you and are acting from a place of ignorance or sickness and past victimization rather than malice and exploitation and personal gain.

The evil eye on the other hand, operates from a place of hate, vindictiveness, ego, pride, alienation, combat and self serving competition, it seeks to destroy and conquer and not to share and love.

The purpose of our lives is love, philanthropy and community, not beauty, vanity and power, we must be gracious towards others to ensure we will receive grace when we need it from others.

1
1
1Girl Opinion
1Guy Opinion

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

11
  • SantiagoRomero

I like that
  • karaspara
    Ok Aladin