Why I No Longer Hold the Door For Women

Love_Is_Eternal
Why I No Longer Hold the Door For Women

Yesterday I was in a shop and there was a woman carrying a lot of luggage. I was standing by the door waiting for someone. When she went out the door she looked back at me as if she expected me to open the door for her. A similar thing happened a few years ago. I was in a shop and a woman was carrying many bags. She got offended that I didn't open the door for her and she turned round and said, "What's wrong with men today not opening the door"?

But here's the thing: I've come across many women who get offended when I do open the door for them. I used to work in a retail store and on two occasions I ended up holding the door open for another woman who also worked at the store. On both occasions she gave me a dirty look and grunted as she walked through the door. Other times, women have just completely ignored me and didn't even smile or say thank you. So now I don't bother.

Why I No Longer Hold the Door For Women

This is the brain damage that feminism has done to so many women. Over here in the UK where I'm from, there have been articles published in the mainstream newspapers that say, "Holding doors open for women is sexism, according to new studies." There was another article published in the UK that claimed that if a man smiles as a woman it means he is sexist.

Now, anyone with a brain will know that this is complete garbage, but sadly there are too many women who swallow this garbage and believe it. If I see a woman carrying a lot of luggage, I just don't know how she is going to react if I hold the door open for her. My experience has been 50/50. Some women appreciate it, but far too many women get offended and treat me like crap. What a great job feminism and the media has done on women.

What is your opinion on this?

Why I No Longer Hold the Door For Women
7
5

Most Helpful Girl

• This_is_my_username
    I hold the door open as common courtesy for men and women. Seems like you've had bad experiences. Everyone i hold the door open for say thank you! Or maybe it's a Canadian thing..
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dred1614returns
    Why do you have to be so rude? If anyone is carrying a lot of bags, you should hold the door for them.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Oh look, another white knight

• Wrong, I just hold the door for anyone. I don't need to make a statement about my beliefs in every act. It's simply common courtesy.

• Well I no longer do it, for the reasons I have explained.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

64
  • BuchitaBuchys
    I'm personally glad that chivalry is dead. HOWEVER, you shouldn't be a dick. Help those in need, men or women.

I hold doors for everyone out of courtesy, not genitals.
    And no, not every man or woman says Thank you. But that's not a reason why I'm going to let the next person struggle. That's a dick move yo.
    • Nah, not doing it anymore. Women no longer appreciate gentleman so they can open the door themselves from now on.

• You do you, but you're being a dick if you see someone in need and choose not to help, men or women

• I'll certainly help men who are in need, because they seem to appreciate it, but I won't help a woman in need. I would rather let them struggle.

• DodgersGM
    I open many doors for women (past girlfriends and dates included) and never once have I gotten a bad response.

I also open doors for older people, as well as dudes who are carrying lots of stuff. Again, never been yelled at.

Weird.
    • Well my experience is completely different to yours

• DodgersGM

Fair enough.

Taking what you said at face value, that sounds like a sucky situation.

• nog6422
    I mean if they're carrying a shit ton of bags then you could be nice enough to open the door for them. Doesn't matter if it's a guy or a girl.
    • Nah, not doing it anymore. Screw western women

• nog6422

Why didn't you do it before?

• Do what?

• Rocket_Queen
    Soooo... because some people suck, you're going to not be kind... because those people suck. Makes sense indeed BUT... ever hear the saying "better to be the one who smiled than the one who didn't smile back? I want to smile but that's just me. Also, I am a woman and hold the door for everyone because it's polite. I don't always get the "thank you wave Seinfeld" or even a smile back, but I did the polite thing and that's enough for me because I was raised to treat people how I want to be treated, not how they treat me. I try to stick to that. Also... just today a woman let the door fall in my 4 year old sons face... aggravated me, but whatever, I will raise him to be not like her. Later in the day I stopped for lunch at Waffle House of all places bc my son wanted bacon... the old biker that runs the place came out and opened both doors for me and my son. Then as we were eating a couple of elderly women camr hobbling across the parking lot, one with a walker and again, this old man himself opened both doors for them. I specifically thought "what an awesome guy". He was so polite, and I respect that, and I appreciate that. His generation was a generation of men and women who took care of one another. I miss that in my generation, and am glad to live in the South where you can still find good ole boys and ladies who will help someone out when they can. (I love you northerners too). That is my long opinion on this.
  • RainbowFanGirl
    You shouldn't be obligated to hold the door for someone, but what you did was rude. The woman had a lot of bags. The least you could have done was open the door for her. Not because her "gender demands for it", but because it's a nice thing to do.
    • And I explained in the myTake why I no longer do it. Did you not pay attention to what I wrote?

• Yes, I did. I still thought it was rude. She had a lot of bags. If she didn't I would have understood a little more. I just thought it would have been nice of you to hold the door for her.

• And I have already explained why I no longer do that. Did you not pay attention to the myTake?

• yellowgirl00d
    I think the effort it took you to write this is more then the effort you would spend holding doors for every girl and boy for the rest of your life.
  • TripleAce
    Thing is 2 occasions for opening the door and 2 occasions for not opening the door.

Im sure if you open doors all day long for women, most of them if not all would be appreciative of your gesture

• Robbey
    I hold open the door for anyone. It's just having manners
    • Well I don't, for the reasons I explained.

• Robbey

If you wish to be rude and give people bad manners, that's your choice, of course, but it seems like the media's done a fair job on you.

• I've already explained the reasons why I no longer hold the door open for women. Did you not read?

• Only_Women_Bleed
    I hold the door open every time, man or woman.

Men have always been grateful. I can't recall a time a man hasn't said "Thank you".

Women have been grateful and said " Thank you" the vast majority of time too. Once in a while I'll get nothing from them and even a bitchy look on their face and once I was even scolded by some young woman for doing it.

I agree with you that feminism has corrupted these women but I don't take it personal. I'm not about to condemn an entire gender for a few bitches.
  • Afrochick
    You are definitely MGTOW