5 Great Reasons to Have Kids

ginny_weasley

This myTake was difficult because I truly don't know why people have kids. I read a lot of bullshit articles that have reasons like, "do it because your biological clock is ticking." Every time I hear that reason I just think of the meme that is popular with my child-free group. It says, "I don't need to worry about my biological clock ticking. Because I took it out and put it in my vibrator."

After a lot of thinking and talking to people who had kids, here are five great reasons.

5 Great Reasons to Have Kids

Even though you're happy, you feel something is missing.

Having a kid because you're lonely and possibly depressed, is very different compared to have a child because even though you feel happy with your life, you feel sad because something is missing. Both different things but they seem to be used interchangeably. You shouldn't be depressed and decide to have a baby. You should be able to take care of yourself. If you are depressed and want to fill the void in your soul, get something not breathing. There is plenty of evidence of children having psychological problems because of neglectful problems who realize they had no idea what they were getting themselves into. Or a plant, a plant won't get psychological problems. The neglectful parents are really giving the good parents a bad name.

5 Great Reasons to Have Kids

Because you always wanted a family.

I never wanted kids and to me, that's a good excuse to not have kids. Of course, if you turn the tables, it's still a good reason.

You're willing to dedicate your life to raising a new human life.

Summary to those who who didn't read my last take and decided to judge the my take based on the title, I was just saying that way too many people have kids because everyone is having them and they get more likes on their Facebook. Yes it is a social trend to have kids in your life. If it wasn't, people wouldn't criticize my decision. Or criticize my sister and her husband for only having one child. Seriously people are always saying that their daughter should have a sibling. If you are willing to commit your life to another human being and will give them everything you had and more, go for it. We need better parents in the world.

A sense of focus, when your job or career isn't enough.

For some people their job or career is exhausting enough. For other people, it's not enough. You're the only one who decides if your life has purpose or not.

5 Great Reasons to Have Kids

The genetic need to reproduce

This is self-explanatory. For some people, like me, their careers are more important. Either way it's okay.

Either way, do what you feel is best. People will always judge other people. Some people think it's arrogant to think you should have kids because you think you will be a good parent. Apparently that's thinking highly of yourself. I get called arrogant and selfish because I don't want kids. It sounds like a trap because either way, you're selfish and arrogant. Thank you for reading my take. Comment below why you had children or why you don't want kids.

5 Great Reasons to Have Kids
10
2

Most Helpful Guy

• JudgmentDay
    Reasons number 2 and 3 was all that mattered. The desire, the determination and more importantly, the will must be there for this to work. If there is the desire, the determination and the will, then there is a way and that it becomes possible. Otherwise, for those that lack the will, the determination and the desire then it can't be possible and it won't work, or it could become a complete disaster.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• CHARismatic110
    Lol I can tell that you didn't want to write this. But you did, so kudos for that. At the end of the day, no one is wrong for their choice to have or not have children. I say live and let live. Do what is best for you.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

19
  • hand_me_down
    For someone who despises having children, you sure do spend a lot of time writing takes and kids? I'm baffled.

"This myTake was difficult because I truly don't know why people have kids." - i honestly don't know how to respond to this so i'm just going to have a beer and imagine i never read that.
    • I never said I hate children I just don't want any of my own. I don't why that's so black and white to people. Just taking a look at the opposite side of issue. No need to over think it. Plus I write a lot of my takes about why I don't want kids. This is my first pro-kids take. Why I don't want kids is something I can easily talk about and since all of these takes have been getting promoted, I will continue to do it. Don't like it, don't read it.

• yea sure i understand. Sorry. I'm curious tho and i hope you don't mind. Why do you not want kids? Like i'm kinda the exact opposite to you in a way.

No need to get upset. I was just curious. And yes if i feel i don't want to read things i won't. i don't need anyone to tell me that.

• I want to focus on my career as a registered nurse and travel the world. Also based on my type of blood, I'm more likely to have a miscarriage.

• SlightlyCrazy
    That was well written but you can feel the pain in your writing... Like you were rolling your eyes the whole time. I feel ya !
    • I tried so hard to be unbiased. But when I started this, I was like so why do have kids?

• Yea you can't help but feel the way you feel. I think 90% of bad parents are due to them not realizing how much work must be put and so they are grossly unprepared and the burden then falls on siblings often. Ie me and you

• I like the way how you are so open minded =)

But for reason number 5 it only applies IF you have good genetics. If you have corrupted or damaged genetics, simply don't add that to the statistics.
  • mits777
    I have even more reasons for wanting kids especially a son, but first I need to find a girl who want family and kids too haha. All girls that I met only want to have fun and sex only
  • Saoirse_Nua
    Great take - A good way to look at both sides of the issue
  • chrisbigman
    I agree with this. However, some people think they are prepared and able to raise children, when in reality they are not.
  • Scrambledagain
    Just want that little fucker to mow the lawn and bring me beers. Simple ha ha
  • mostwomenshouldstfu
    Survival of the species, that's pretty much the whole point of sex and this d*** site.
  • Zorax
    Excellent reasons, outstanding Take :D
  • Adigelunar
    ı love kids