8 Life-Changing Chrome Extensions

Luci92

Are they really life changing? Nah. But I had to make a cool title, right? Honestly, though, these are some nifty little extensions I’d recommend you install.

(click on the titles that are linked to the extension install page)

Momentum

8 Life-Changing Chrome Extensions

Momentum is one of those extensions I downloaded purely for the aesthetic.

It replaces the new tab page with a personal dashboard featuring a to-do list, weather, and an inspirational daily quote. It also has very pretty images of nature as a background that rotate every so often.

Ad Block Plus

8 Life-Changing Chrome Extensions

One of the best decisions I have ever made, no more annoying or loud pop-up ads that take up half the page. I’m seriously considering donating to the creator for making such an awesome (and free) extension.

Ad Block for YouTube

No more waiting to watch videos on YouTube! I don’t think I really need to explain this one.

Cite This for Me

8 Life-Changing Chrome Extensions

Extremely useful for students, this has saved me hours that I could have wasted trying to cite websites manually. You can “automatically create website citations in the APA, MLA, Chicago, or Harvard referencing styles at the click of a button.” It’s not perfect, sometimes it does get the author or date wrong, but I can change that myself and overall I wouldn’t rule it out.

Grammarly

8 Life-Changing Chrome Extensions

This is quite possibly one of my favourites. Grammarly is a seamless grammar and spell checker that vets nearly everything you write on the Internet, including G@G!

So, for myTake writers or even regular G@G users posting opinions, this can be a real life saver in making sure you don’t need to go back and comment on all your spelling errors afterwards.

Time stats

8 Life-Changing Chrome Extensions

I downloaded this out of sheer curiosity more than anything, because I wanted to see exactly how much time of my life I’m wasting on G@G. It did not disappoint, I downloaded it a few days ago and it’s already calculated that I’ve spend 10 hours on Girls Ask Guys. (Yes, I am a loser and I have no life, though I suspect other users spend a lot more time on here).

Liner

8 Life-Changing Chrome Extensions

Liner is turned on by a keyboard shortcut, and saves all your highlighted sentences of text from the internet, filing them into an archive. I haven’t used it much yet because I’ve only just installed it, but I’ve been looking for this sort of thing for a while now so I definitely see it becoming useful.

Santa tracker

8 Life-Changing Chrome Extensions

An extension for the holidays made by Google that features some cool graphics, this one is not to be missed in the lead up til Christmas! It also has a link to a website that has all these cutesy little Christmas games, but to be completely honest, I couldn’t figure out how to use a few.

Hope you install some of these, and let me know any of your favourite Chrome extensions (that is, if you use Chrome).

8 Life-Changing Chrome Extensions
10
3

Most Helpful Girl

• fauchelevent
    I already have momentum and I love it <3 Grammarly is also super good for my coursework! Thanks for the list :)
    Is this still revelant?
    • Luci92

Welcome! They're awesome :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Waffles731
    WRONG, NONE OF THIS WOULD CHANGE MY LIFE.
    LIAR :(
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

29
  • goldfinch23
    Adblock plus? Really? Developers of this extension became greedy and they began to earn money for white list of some companies, so till company paying to Adblock, you'll see their adverts anyway.
    So it's time for U block. Pretty similar to Adblock, but no white lists at all.
    • Luci92

I didn't realise...

• Yumix

yup, one reason why you see ads on youtube. ublock blocks those too and pretty much everything else... or if you want more than just adblocking for youtube, use magic actions like I said in my post.

• sois_pas_basic
    I've been seeing momentum on a lot of people's laptops recently but wasn't sure what it was. I thought it was a MacBook thing cuz all my friends who have Macbooks have it :p
  • Other_Tommy_Wiseau
  • SweedyPie
    This list is awesome!! ((standing ovation)) Thanks a lot ;)
  • Octavius
    Literally just downloaded Grammarly...

I didn't capitalize Grammarly just now and it corrected it for me...
  • Yumix
    use uBlock origins instead of AdBlock plus and all ads will get blocked, including the ones for Youtube.

alternatively, use Magictube... it can not only block the ads but also do much more like auto hd, auto wide, disabling autoplay, etc
  • Cosytoasty
    Grammarly is so good it's actually recommended for academic writing at my uni 👍
    • Luci92

It's better than MS Word!

• lazermazer
    nice list here's mine
    uBlock, SocialBlade
    IDM integration module,
    JS Switch.
    • lazermazer

FYI, none of yours can change my life lol
      i used grammarly, useless.
      others are dumb , hahaha

• Luci92

Grammarly is not useless!

• lazermazer

it is chrome and edge both have spell check.

• SlightlyCrazy
    I'm sorry I just can't stop staring... Did you write something?
    • Luci92

I figured no one'd take me seriously lollll

• I mean gotta be honest here right? Those would look better tied and knotted with the rest of you on a bed

• Luci92

mhmm ;)

• Tim-loves-it
    Awwww i read that wrong.. I was thinking new styles of exhaust tips for a pickup or something!!
    LOL
  • hotstuffSRD
    Cool take 😂 LOL