Why the Betsy Ross Flag Matters

This will be a very short and sweet take for anyone who doesn't understand the Betsy Ross nike furor.

Why the Betsy Ross Flag Matters

The left is almost united in their stance now against the flag of the early United States, because the goal is to attack the foundation of the United States. If you can attack the foundation of a nation, you are attacking everything that came from it--destabilize the foundation of a building and the entire structure is weakened. Destroy the morale of a people, convince them their country is illegitimate, their heritage is horror, and you can persuade them to accept the rule of foreigners and bow to their new betters.

Was the United States ever perfect? No. No nation has ever been perfect. And there has never been a nation that achieved power and greatness that did not have rivers of blood and brutality in the foundation, nor do most nations apologize for it. Look into the history of South America, or African nations, or Asia. The only difference is they don't apologize as they do far worse than we have done. (or in the case of Africa, they claim it was Europeans fault after Africans failed to conquer it. And yes, they held Spain for hundreds of years, depopulated coastal cities for their slave trade, and the Turks alone reached the gates of Vienna trying to conquer Europe)

My fellow Americans... true Americans, not paperwork Americans---we are part of the heritage of the single greatest nation the world as ever seen. And now people who hail from far more brutal, far less civilized nations, want to slander it, demolish it, and remake it into the barbaric lands they escaped from.

Are we seriously going to let this happen?

Why the Betsy Ross Flag Matters
4
15

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

415
  • CoffeeWC

To some it is offensive because it was flown during a time of slavery.

1 likes
    • Rissyanne

Well people drank water during a time of slavery... does that mean water is offensive?

• CoffeeWC

I know, I never found it to be offensive. To me it represents the earlier days of the USA. But some people are just too ridiculous to understand that.

• JackSmy

GREAT POST!!
    I completely respect, and HONOR, the Betsy Ross Flag, but should it be on shoes, that get muddy, and messed up? I think no!!
    I think Nike, is a clueless, messed up company, that can't sort their shit!! Kappernick, and now this flag thing, on shoes? Who is piloting the ship? The captain of the Exxon-Valdez? Running it aground, and fkcing up everything around?
    Not buying anything Nike, ever!!

• kestrelkil

How about this, the people on the right who wear the flag on their clothes R disrespecting the flag more. It gets in the mud and dirty and sweat. That's worse.
    " I love the flag so much I'm gonna use it as underwear and let my junk touch it."
    ... that annoys me more

3 likes
  • lacaras

Agreed, like, I'm sorry we were too busy laying the groundwork and setting up a government for a country that was the first of it's kind and didn't have time to also abolish an institution that had been around for millennia until several decades later. It's like people have no understanding of historical context.

1 likes
  • Curmudgeon

I don't just call them Demunist Commiecrats for rhetorical pizzazz or flair. The Party has been taken over by treasonous, anti-American, and leftover communist influences.

1 likes
  • This is a complete strawman argument. The left isn't claiming it's racist; they are claiming that it's been appropriated by far-right white supremacists. In other words it wasn't the left who said it's a racist symbol, it's the right.

1 likes
    • Rissyanne

There you are with your “strawman”.

• @Rissyanne Because it is and calling it a "buzzword" doesn't change that.

• Rissyanne

It’s retarded.

• madgoat

You seem to be implying that it's foreigners that are undermining American values yet, from the outside, it seems you are doing a great job of tying yourself up in knots.

• Liam_Hayden

The funniest, or rather dumbest, part of the "protest" is that Betsy Ross was a Quaker who lived in Philadelphia. Quakers were abolitionists and slavery was illegal in Philadelphia.

• Britantic

They are trying to do the same with the union jack.

1 likes
  • spartan55

You don't say why the left is against the Betsy Ross flag, just that they are?

1 likes
  • I'm not American. But no nation EVER even the Vatican doesn't have war crimes. Yes, America was built on genocide of native Americans but so were all other nations

• Rissyanne

To @Xlink who blocked me. Obama’s father was black and black people considered him the first black president

• I really don't see how former president Obama come into play in this post..

• Rissyanne

@Romeo0071234 because Obama had the Betsy Ross flag hanging at his second inauguration. But liberals say it’s racist. They are hypocrites

• Ahh.. ok I see. Didn't know.

• themomo84

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't understand the issue with the Betsy Ross flag on the Nike shoes but that's just me.

• Hagijoe

There were 2 Betsy Ross flags at Obama’s 2nd inauguration and no liberals cried then

1 likes
  • PinkMichae

Great myTake.

1 likes
  • Xlink

Why not keep that in a museum

• Rissyanne

Actually Obama had it at his 2nd inauguration

• Xlink

Obama was white

• Obama was black.

• legion6969

Never heard of it.

• Anonymous

I just can't believe their calling Betsy Ross a racist. They should be celebrating her for being the woman that created this flag that united the 13 colonies under one banner that represented them all equally. This flag never represented slavery. But to the left, that doesn't matter. As you correctly stated, they're attacking the foundations of this nation. That's why they tear down historical monuments, remove paintings, edit history books, and continue to attack and slander early American leaders as well. I hope we as Americans remember these attacks when it's time to vote and vote against those that are trying to destroy the history that our ancestors, regardless of skin color, have fought and died to defend.

1 likes
  • Anonymous

One thing that is wrong with America is that the settlers (who were immigrants) did horrible things to Native Americans and displaced them from their land. And now, modern Americans who are all descended from immigrants attack immigrants and want to deport them. Where is the justice in that? Many of them have ancestors that did far worse things to the Native population than current immigrants do. You are saying that people who hail from far more brutal nations want to slander America a remake it into barbaric lands. This is exactly how Native Americans must have felt when the settlers came. America is built on great crimes towards the Native population. And many countries in the world weren't as warlike or brutal as America was (even now, America is one of the most violent countries in the Western world, with cities in the top 20 most violent cities in the world).

1 likes