Today's laws allow corporations to make rules that take money from the middle class and put it into the pockets of the wealthy. The average American makes less money in ratio to the rising costs of living. When corporations are allowed more power to interfere in politics with secret PACs and less restrictive campaign finance laws it's the middle class that gets ripped off.
We need to be politically engaged in order to see changes.
- Get big money out of politics
- Remove voter suppression
- Improve opportunities for middle-class
- Remove stagnant wages
- Remove tax cuts and loopholes for large corporations, the financial sector, and the wealthy
- Instead of corporate bailouts introduce consumer assistant programs
- Reduce homeowner property tax
- Remove increasing barriers to labor unions
- Replace authoritarian populism with progressive populism
- Stop assuming that all we need is better education and skills training
- Stop aiming to redistribute from richer to poorer after the market has distributed income
- Stop thinking the goal is *only* to create more jobs. America needs *better* jobs.
- Without a large an growing middle class there is prosperity
- Build a multi-ethnic, multi-racial, coalition of the middle class, and poor
- Don't let monied interests divide America along racial and gender lines - America united has more power over big corporations