Inferiority complex

Shezadi

Inferiority complex is something I always wanted to talk about because it's somehing people think about sub-conciously but aren't brave enough to say it. No topic should be kept sacred because it makes the matter worse. As insecurities are something that keep building to something dangerous.

Personally, my life is full of insecure people, who treat me like a competition, even though I don't want to compete with them.

Insecure people will always project their insecurities on you. Insecure people will make you feel guilty just for being better than them.

It's a bit like lazy people making hard working people feel guilty for being successful, even though they earned that success. Hence, they have the right to enjoy that success.

Insecure people will often use the term "lucky" whenever they praise successful people even if they work 16 years hours a day, 7 days a week and 52 weeks a year.

The word "lucky" is an insult to a person's hard work. The term "lucky" is an attempt to discredit a person's hard work of a lifetime.

I still remember lazy students called A star students "lucky" even though those A star students were studying all year whilst the rest were partying.

Regardless of how independent learning they did all year sacrificing all their social life, their class fellows still reach the conclusion that the stars must have aligned for them.

Inferiority complex
Inferiority complex
10
3

Most Helpful Guys

• Raja1881
    That is such bullshit. It has nothing to do with luck. More like destiny. Hard work pays off no matter what. Ok to a certain extent if your working every single and your pursuing a dream 9/10 you'll get to that. If not you are still going to be inclined to something great. It's like that saying reach for the moon, if you miss you'll land among the stars...

Like some guys have mentioned they've been working several hours/days and nothing good has come off it. Surely life must have been throwing you clues to turn away to something greater or make a slight adjustment.

No way did I get lucky in what I have got. I worked my ass off to get where I am and I'm still pushing through. When life threw me a bone certain times I felt like a turning point but in the end I still had a point in where I needed to be.

So for me luck plays no role. Hard works portrays your outcome.
    Is this still revelant?
  • It's true. Very true.
    My dad told me that the real definition of luck is 'when preparedness meets opportunity'
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

38
  • Weasly
    Luck is definitely a thing in success.

I spent several months working 12 - 16 hr days and every day of. it I got told off by everyone from my level to the directors. Yet the work needed doing, and if I didn't stay it wouldn't have been done. As a reward for this I got made redundant.

Shit happens, but luck is a thing also. You simply you are successful & work hard, but it is luck is the bit that let's tour hard work result in success.
  • nodnol32
    This is simply because they just see what you achieved. They don't know the efforts you made. They're not aware of your journey towards achieving that grade or whatever you want to achieve in life. Its always like this, you tell someone you are doing this, they'll laugh at you. When you work hard in silenfe and achieve it then they come and ask how did you do this? And then you have others who say this person got lucky. Hard work is not luck, simple as that.
  • Guffrus
    I can't say to what degree you may or may not have been lucky but you certainly seem entitled.

There are plenty of people out there working long hard hours many of them in jobs they hate who have nothing to show for it.

Effort does not equal reward, this is not a meritocracy.

At what point does the game start?

At birth?

From which point do you start counting whether or not luck is a factor?

The fact of the matter is that luck will always be a factor in a persons success or failure, you have blinded yourself to this truth because you have painful memories and associations with it, for you it is synomous with a gift which is not the case.
  • I think modern culture creates damaged people because it makes them vulnerable... Vulnerable to consumerism, to manipulation, to "ego battles," and to be slaves of other people's validation. I'm glad you stand up for yourself, Shezadi!
  • Jjpayne
    It's a good point! There is luck then there is hard work! Also having envious people over you being successful... You know what might be an idea, give them a gift and talk to them and give them helpful advice :) hopefully they will take it
  • RingOfFire
    I would say that when people use the word lucky to describe someone else's success its a sign of envy more than insecurity.
  • Well... yeah. But it’s bc most people are as productive. So I think them saying “lucky” means you’re lucky to have ambition.
  • cute_short_nerd
    And some just don’t try and still succeed.
    • Shezadi

You are saying this because you are only 13. This opinion will change after 10 years.

• carebear33
    I agree.
  • alance99
    Nice 👍
  • svxgroup
    hey can u follow me. i want to pm