Would you get offended if people make funny jokes about Jesus Christ or God?

I'm just wondering since I make and laugh at Jesus Christ jokes all the time since find them hilarious.

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends
    Vote C
  • Others
    Vote D

623

Most Helpful Girl

• Why make jokes on others with jokes you would not make about yourself. People do not need to be insulted at all for what they are in no way. But making jokes about jesus means you say people are like a crazy dumb jesus what people are not. perhaps jesus but I can not decide that but that does not mean people are.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• See... funny is subjective. Overall, I'd say no... but if it's offensive, then it might not be funny to me... so... maybe a little, at times... depends on the funny. Like for me, I take care of kids, so I'm not a fan of child molestation or child pornography jokes. I know a LOT of women who have been raped... I don't find rape jokes funny. If course, that's not always a prerequisite for not liking certain things, or not finding them funny... Making fun of Hitler, peachy. Making fun of the Holocaust? No way.

But really, I usually just roll my eyes, try to ignore it, and move on. I'll remove myself if it's getting ridiculous or it's gonna cause some huge fight. That's usually more that I'm bored, though, more than offended, and I'm no longer interested in the subject and have no interest in getting involved.

Like the whole bit from Jim Gaffigan about being bored in a Catholic Mass is funny. His bit on Christmas is funny. His bit about trying to get Jesus a birthday present is funny... "Socks with sandals (What am I, German?)" Is not so much making fun of Christ... I don't think that's all that bad.

But putting Jesus in a graphic sex scene with Buddha or the devil, I don't find that kind of thing funny, personally.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Of course child molestation is something to never joke about or actual rape is pretty messed up but when it comes to adult rape jokes, I guess it just really depends on how the joke is executed.