Have you been raped/sexually assaulted/harassed?

Apparently, most women over the age of 16 will experience sexual harassment and over the age of 25 sexually assaulted.
Unfortunaly, it does seem true. I'm 15 and yet I've already been both sexually harassed and assaulted. Thankfully, I was never raped but it still stands. It's disgusting.
Also, in most documented cases of rape, it was a person close to the survivor (yes, survivor, because I refuse to call them victims. They are survivors). I can also atest to this since he was a "friend".
With this, I'm not saying that men aren't raped, unfortunally is something that happens to both sexes, but not with the same number of cases.
It's disgusting to think we are in the XXI century and we have Rape Culture.

1|2

Most Helpful Guys

• I've been sexually molested by a close friend of the family, sexually assaulted by a woman (gave her a ride after she begged, and she grabbed my dick out of the blue while we were driving) and sexually assaulted by a closeted married man (invited me to a poker game, got me drunk, grabbed my dick after everyone else passed out). Guess I just have one of those faces. I've also had a couple of extremely uncomfortable kisses forced on me from drunk women at bars, but I'm not sure I'd consider that sexual assault. In my eyes it would've been if I'd asked them to stop, but they didn't, but that didn't happen.

The distinction between victim and survivor here seems totally arbitrary to me. Victim has no negative connotation whatsoever in my mind. It means an unfortunate thing out of your control happened to you. I suppose it's nice that you're passionate, but that's a really weird place to draw your battle lines, in my opinion. In what way is survivor better than victim? How are they distinct?

One of my friends is a social worker. I think you'd be surprised by the number of sexual abuse and abuse in general cases that he sees that are female to male.

I don't really care who it happens to more, however, that's not an important detail. Seems like you're marginalizing it though, implying it doesn't matter as much when it happens to men, because it happens to women so much more, if that's even true. That's pretty fucked to me.

Define rape culture. Rapes that happen inside of our culture? Technically, yes. I don't think that's anyone else's definition, but okay, if you want to say that, I won't argue.

The 'fact' that our culture endorses, advocates for, and facilitates rape? That's blatantly untrue. The vast majority of people, no matter their gender, revile rape. There have been cases of men getting accused of rape, the accusations being proven false; no not in an ambiguous, he-said, she-said sort of way, but to the point where the claims made against him were demonstrably inconsistent with reality; and they were still fired, harassed by police forces, and unable to find work. Rape is so frowned upon, a mere accusation can ruin your life. There's no such thing as rape culture.

1|0
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

I'm not saying that male rape is less important from female. I was just trying to state that there are less cases. I draw a line because victim implies helpless and weakness and we might have been victims when it happened but now we have been through it and are stronger so we are survivers. I'm very sorry that I made you feel like it didn't matter as much as if it had been a female. And yes, it's frowned upon. However, after the rape one of the first question will still be "what were you wearing?" "Were you drunk?"

• Show All
    • 8 d ago

I can defenitly see your points.

• 8 d ago

Thanks, good talk.

• Well I was molested when I was 13 by a damn doctor of all people
    I've never told anyone because I thought it was partly my fault..
    I just didn't think anyone would believe me and I was embarrassed too...

1|0
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

Oh dear. It was not your fault, at all! You shouldn't feel embarassed, you couldn't do anything to prevent it. Believe me, even if they didn't believe you, you should tell someone. Just get it off of your chest, you'll feel much better. If you aren't ready to tell your parents or a friend feel free to PM, I'll try to help you the best I can. You're worth it hon. Never blame yourself for something out of your coontrol.

• 7 d ago

Oki I'll pm u

Most Helpful Girls

• There has not been a single day since I have grown boobs that I am not sexually harassed in the street, be through persistent and inquisitive looks, catcalling, whistling or remarks with double meanings.

Being under permanent stress by those guys that basically are uneducated and have a low IQ and self-esteem is taking a toll among girls in a similar situation.

Would it not be nice to live in a world without guys just for one day in a year, just for the sake to be able to relax and be on vacation from harassment?

I vote for a motion to introduce a "guy must stay locked away for 24 consecutive hours each year", or at least all those that have a hard time staying in control of their level of testosterone

1|1
    0|0
  • i was going to say this anonymously but i decided to be open online about my experience for one of the first times, i was regularly assaulted by my uncle when i was younger. i was also raped two years ago. i suffer from severe ptsd. my parents have no idea about either situations because we don’t have a good relationship.

3|2
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

I hope you get away from them asap

• Show All
    • 8 d ago

You are both, good attitude.

• 3 d ago

Sigh, God Bless you girl. Heavens not blind to your suffering. They'll get there's...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Harrased yes... I have a friend that was raped by her stepdad and I think most of my friends would say to beeing harrased too. It's pretty common unfortunatelly

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope
    Ain't saying nun about this subject until I see clear definitions.
    The definitions of rape and assault and harassment are way too blurry rn with all the feminist BS

1|2
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

Rape I would say is touching someone without their clothes on, without their permission, specially if there is any type of penetration (even fingers) Even fully clothed if it's like fondling of the lower parts ( if we go by this defenition then what happened to me was almost a rape. I'm so glad I got away. I was still touched down there but fully clothed and he was just able to poke. Disgusting). Assault is unwanted touching, in especific boobs and ass. Harassement is lack of personal space and talking implying sometjing when the person has already made clear that they are not interested and uncomfortable.

• Show All
    • 8 d ago

Technically by your definition I've been harassed but it's not a good definition so assume I wasn't XD

• 8 d ago

Sexual harassement is harder to explain than other since the others are mostly physical while this is the state of being extremelly uncomfortable and/or afraid for your safety.

• I've had older women kiss me when I was 15. My friends mom did shit with when I was sleeping and I was like 12. So many different things. People are literally insane if they dont think it happens to guys too.

1|1
    0|0
  • Pretty sure it’s 100% true it’s not hard at all to find a female who’s been sexually assaulted. I made a poll about this and most women said yes they were sexually assaulted.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, although the statistics you're talking about aren't true. Most women won't be sexually assaulted.

1|2
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

An unwanted slap in the ass is assault.

• Show All
    • 8 d ago

Maybe it's because it's still fresh for me.

• 8 d ago

maybe.

• Yeah, a girl shouldn't be raped or sexually assaulted, i'll wait for you to become 18, marry you and make you my housewife than r*pe you everyday 😂

For sure you will love it... women love being raped, but only by their men, they have this rape fantasy but for sure no girl should be raped by a stranger or for real.

0|0
    1|0
    • 8 d ago

Wow did nobody else see this crap? Sir, there’s something wrong with you.

• Show All
    • 7 d ago

You’re 100% weird. Also guys have tried to mess with my mom in front of my step father so, yea having a husband ain’t gonna stop anything.

• 7 d ago

@IloveFood702 yeah if he's a wimp, he ain'y going to stop sh*t, maybe one day if you will walk with me, we will see if anyone catcall you or even look at you in an impolite way, not all malea are REAL MEN...

By the way i'm happy that i'm weird, i hope you don't have a problem with it...

• Male rapes will be higher but most go unreported... The highest number of male is is vulnerable adults such as young offenders and homeless

Often goes unreported

Yes I was 16 by 2 so called friends in a shed while drunk and on drugs...

1|0
    0|0
  • Kinda by both genders, a group of older girls made me uncomfortable (they were 16-17 and I was only 12), a old guy nearly sexually harassed me but thankfully it didn't happened.

1|0
    0|0
  • Multiple times throughout my life. It's disgusting how many women actually go through it.

1|1
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

And you're right, we aren't victims. We're survivors.

• Show All
    • 8 d ago

Yeah! And when it's children? Oh I'm SURE they were wearing PROVOCATIVE CLOTHES. Honestly, so disgusting

• 8 d ago

Right? The ignorance of some people is baffling.

• I have never been sexually assaulted or harassed. I have had some sexual comments on the internet but it doesn’t bother me that much to be considered harassment.

1|0
    0|0
  • Assaulted yes but luckily nothing further
    I see this shit way too often. It’s horrifying

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm glad that's never happened to me. I would probably be emotionally damaged.

1|0
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

You don't get "damaged". You get a few cracks, they'll never be completly fixed but everyday it gets a little better.

• Show All
    • 8 d ago

No dude... I literally hate to be touched

• 8 d ago

Me too, that's why it hit so hard

• I had a good female friend who had it all done to her and I was her security and comfort

1|1
    0|0
  • These days any time there is a non-recriprocated sexual interest its Rape/harassment. These SJW terms have become so diluted that true rape crimes (as defined by law) get put under the same ubrella as a dude who gives you a creepy vibe.

1|0
    0|0
  • More MeToo bull crap stats. Women lie about rape in half the cases.

0|1
    0|0
  • Boohoo. My primary school p. e. teacher used to slap my rear end at the end of the class, yet I'm not moaning about it.
    We don't have a rape culture here in the West. More so, rape culture would be the fact, that women can get away with rape. Men who are raped get ridiculed, but women who get raped are made to be the center of everything.

But I get it, you're still so young to understand the world. All of this are blown out of proportion.

0|0
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

How can you be so sure? I'm not being dramtic, this are the stats that I saw. And what happened to me was not just a grope so I believe that in this case I can talk from experience. I also never said that a men being raped was less important than a women. It's just as important and awful.

• The problem is the definition of what counts as sexual harassment and assault has become ridiculously broad. If me tapping you on the shoulder counts as sexual assault, that's frankly my cue to never speak to you again.

0|0
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

Oh, no I mean actuall inappropriate touching (groping, touching the lower part through clothes etc)

• 7 d ago

Ok good. As long as it's something explicitly inappropriate.

• I've been sexually harassed by gay guys in grade school

1|1
    0|0
  • We don’t have a rape culture. What gave you that idea?

0|0
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

I would love the sarcasm if what happened to me wasn't so fresh in my mind.

• Show All
    • 7 d ago

In some parts there is still shaming of the survivor.

• 7 d ago

That doesn’t make it a rape culture. And shaming survivors is the minority.

• I was raped at a young age

1|0
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

How have you been?

• 7 d ago

I'm good tbh ig since it happened at a young age i dont think it effected me THAT much but I blamed myself for everything. I feel like the der I get the more it effects me tho bc i understand what actually happened

• 7 d ago

Oh hon, you're defenitly not the one at fault in this. But if you're good then that's great

• Harassed and assaulted. Thankfully not raped

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I have been sexually harassed.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I'm sad to say that I have been.

1|1
    0|0
  • So far, no.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I haven't

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, and it turned me on.

0|0
    0|0
  • By men? No. By women? Less than I'd like.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I’ve been groped countless times by women at clubs and technically I’ve been raped before (I was semi councious drunk and she had sex with me while I was passing out and coming too) but i personally don’t count it as rape because even tho I wasn’t in a state to consent I did want it bad lol

1|0
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

As long as you know that you shouldn't feel bad about it then you do you :)

• Several times. Step mom just didn't give a damn. Hair brushes up the keester while nibbling on the little fella that's tucked away and everything.

1|0
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

OML. How have you been?

• Show All
    • 8 d ago

I've been a b:tch!

• 8 d ago

Wait what? I mean, I get it, she's defnetly a bitch for doing that to you but?

• Out of interest, exactly how were you "both sexually harassed and assaulted", by your "friend"? What constitutes (/constituted) 'sexual harassment', and 'sexual assault', in your opinion? Because given that we now have a PC SJW culture of self-victimization here in the West, to the extent that THIS is the first image you get for sexual harassment:
    And THIS is legitimately a stance I've heard at least five different women state, out loud, in the past month alone:
    One has to wonder- what ISN'T "sexual harassment/assault!", in your book? According to those statistics, commissioned by feminist groups with the explicit purpose of pushing their narrative of universal female sexual innocence and victimhood, and of white male 'rape culture!' patriarchal oppression, the definitions of sexual harassment and/or assault are typically so broad and all-encompassing as to be completely meaningless.

Take those cited in newly implemented legal guidelines, here in the UK, for example. According to them, any and all "Incidents against women that are motivated by an attitude of a man towards a woman and includes behaviour targeted towards a woman by men simply because they are a woman" is now categorized as "misogyny hate crime"; you've literally criminalized any and all men who look at you as women, and/or treat you like women. In other words, any and all men who have any human interaction with you whatsoever, or even so much as a clear enough line of sight for it to register in their minds that you're female. And you call this "Rape Culture!". GET, A, LIFE.

0|0
    1|2
    • 8 d ago

When the fuck did she say any of that? When the fuck did she ever state that men simply speaking or looking at her is sexual assault or harassment. And what? Do you think a friend can't sexually assault or harass someone? She doesn't have to tell you the story, it's none of your fucking business but it is more than fucking possible that her friends groped her without her consent (sexual assault) and said sexual obscenities to her (sexual harassment). And for the fucking record, I have been groped without my consent and after me saying no multiple times by someone I considered a friend so yes a friend can sexual assault you. Go be a fucking idiot some else.

• Show All
    • 8 d ago

You said "I wish I could say it was only groping". Which, phrased in that manner, implies through purely subjective conjecture that it was (or you felt it was) something markedly worse than mere groping; but in actuality, is a statement which anyone could make about literally nothing at all, and would still technically qualify as wholly truthful, regardless of the circumstances. I could have someone else simply exist, or do something as trivial as not reply to a spam email, say that I'd been 'violated' and make that exact same statement; and I'd still pass any lie detector with flying colors, because that statement's so conjective that it can't possibly be false. Yes, I'm being a tad insensitive. But would you rather I threw a pity party for you instead? Thought not; like you said, "I refuse to call them victims. They are survivors". And I'm doing my best to show you the courtesy of treating you like one, rather than as a victim.

• 7 d ago

I don't want you to throw a pity party at me. I was merely trying to be truthful without telling what happened (still fresh, prefer to not go over it type of thing)

• Its from there being no way to teach guys or girls. heaven forbit the school system do something good besides lightly suggest a condom.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. 3/3

1|1
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

How have you been doing?

• 8 d ago

Should have dealt with it when it happened instead of trying to bury it all.

• 8 d ago

Understadable. I tried to do that but fortunally or unfortunally because I already had severe anxiety I couldn't keep it in and had to talk to someone.

Recommended myTakes