Have you been raped/sexually assaulted/harassed?

Apparently, most women over the age of 16 will experience sexual harassment and over the age of 25 sexually assaulted.
Unfortunaly, it does seem true. I'm 15 and yet I've already been both sexually harassed and assaulted. Thankfully, I was never raped but it still stands. It's disgusting.
Also, in most documented cases of rape, it was a person close to the survivor (yes, survivor, because I refuse to call them victims. They are survivors). I can also atest to this since he was a "friend".
With this, I'm not saying that men aren't raped, unfortunally is something that happens to both sexes, but not with the same number of cases.
It's disgusting to think we are in the XXI century and we have Rape Culture.

1423

Most Helpful Guys

• I've been sexually molested by a close friend of the family, sexually assaulted by a woman (gave her a ride after she begged, and she grabbed my dick out of the blue while we were driving) and sexually assaulted by a closeted married man (invited me to a poker game, got me drunk, grabbed my dick after everyone else passed out). Guess I just have one of those faces. I've also had a couple of extremely uncomfortable kisses forced on me from drunk women at bars, but I'm not sure I'd consider that sexual assault. In my eyes it would've been if I'd asked them to stop, but they didn't, but that didn't happen.

The distinction between victim and survivor here seems totally arbitrary to me. Victim has no negative connotation whatsoever in my mind. It means an unfortunate thing out of your control happened to you. I suppose it's nice that you're passionate, but that's a really weird place to draw your battle lines, in my opinion. In what way is survivor better than victim? How are they distinct?

One of my friends is a social worker. I think you'd be surprised by the number of sexual abuse and abuse in general cases that he sees that are female to male.

I don't really care who it happens to more, however, that's not an important detail. Seems like you're marginalizing it though, implying it doesn't matter as much when it happens to men, because it happens to women so much more, if that's even true. That's pretty fucked to me.

Define rape culture. Rapes that happen inside of our culture? Technically, yes. I don't think that's anyone else's definition, but okay, if you want to say that, I won't argue.

The 'fact' that our culture endorses, advocates for, and facilitates rape? That's blatantly untrue. The vast majority of people, no matter their gender, revile rape. There have been cases of men getting accused of rape, the accusations being proven false; no not in an ambiguous, he-said, she-said sort of way, but to the point where the claims made against him were demonstrably inconsistent with reality; and they were still fired, harassed by police forces, and unable to find work. Rape is so frowned upon, a mere accusation can ruin your life. There's no such thing as rape culture.

• 8 d ago

I'm not saying that male rape is less important from female. I was just trying to state that there are less cases. I draw a line because victim implies helpless and weakness and we might have been victims when it happened but now we have been through it and are stronger so we are survivers. I'm very sorry that I made you feel like it didn't matter as much as if it had been a female. And yes, it's frowned upon. However, after the rape one of the first question will still be "what were you wearing?" "Were you drunk?"

• 8 d ago

I can defenitly see your points.

• 8 d ago

Thanks, good talk.

• Well I was molested when I was 13 by a damn doctor of all people
    I've never told anyone because I thought it was partly my fault..
    I just didn't think anyone would believe me and I was embarrassed too...

• 7 d ago

Oh dear. It was not your fault, at all! You shouldn't feel embarassed, you couldn't do anything to prevent it. Believe me, even if they didn't believe you, you should tell someone. Just get it off of your chest, you'll feel much better. If you aren't ready to tell your parents or a friend feel free to PM, I'll try to help you the best I can. You're worth it hon. Never blame yourself for something out of your coontrol.

• 7 d ago

Oki I'll pm u

Most Helpful Girls

• There has not been a single day since I have grown boobs that I am not sexually harassed in the street, be through persistent and inquisitive looks, catcalling, whistling or remarks with double meanings.

Being under permanent stress by those guys that basically are uneducated and have a low IQ and self-esteem is taking a toll among girls in a similar situation.

Would it not be nice to live in a world without guys just for one day in a year, just for the sake to be able to relax and be on vacation from harassment?

I vote for a motion to introduce a "guy must stay locked away for 24 consecutive hours each year", or at least all those that have a hard time staying in control of their level of testosterone

• i was going to say this anonymously but i decided to be open online about my experience for one of the first times, i was regularly assaulted by my uncle when i was younger. i was also raped two years ago. i suffer from severe ptsd. my parents have no idea about either situations because we don’t have a good relationship.

• 8 d ago

I hope you get away from them asap

• 8 d ago

You are both, good attitude.

• 3 d ago

Sigh, God Bless you girl. Heavens not blind to your suffering. They'll get there's...