1. The population of Istanbul is 15 million.
The population of Istanbul is more than 130 countries, including Greece, Portugal, Sweden, Tunisia and Austria.
2. When Fatih Sultan Mehmet conquered Istanbul, America, Australia and the Antarctic continents had not yet been discovered in the world.
The Byzantine empire was demolished and a new era started.
3. The tulip, symbol of Holland, entered the country with tulip bulbs first sent from Istanbul to Holland.
The Netherlands people need to know this.
4. Half of Istanbul is in Europe and the other half is in Asia.
Half of Istanbul's population is Asian and the other half is European :D
5. Istanbul in history, the Roman Empire, the Byzantine Empire and became the capital of the Ottoman Empire: Yet, today, Turkey's capital is Ankara.
I think this is an injustice.
6. Almost without exception, all residents of Istanbul complain about the traffic congestion, but no one leaves Istanbul.
Yes, istanbul traffic is really a torture.
7. The area of Istanbul is almost the same as Belgium, and the population is almost equal.
8. Istanbul has the largest church-mosque (Hagia Sophia) in the world.
It was declared as a museum with the decision of Kemal Atatürk in 1937 and shows the influence of two dominant religions in the region.
9. Istanbul's Grand Bazaar (kapalıçarşı) constitutes the world's largest covered bazaar with 3.000 shops.
10. In the Middle Ages, while Istanbul was part of the Ottoman Empire, there were 1,400 public toilets in the city.
In the 1600s (during the reign of the Sun King in France), public toilets were built in the first newly built mosques in the Ottoman Empire. It is built in Versailles without toilet. Probably at that time there were no toilets even in the palaces of Europe's greatest kingdoms.
Istanbul is an interesting and beautiful city in every aspect.
Hope you can visit one day :)