The UK Officials Think They'll Have the Same Impact and Rights In The EU When Brexit is Finalized

LittleSally

The UK Officials Still Think They'll Have the Same Impact and Rights In The EU When Brexit is Finalized!

In the odd miscalculation of the young in the UK [people up to 24 majorly not voting], they're in the process of exiting the EU.

However, the officials of the country still believe their voices will be as important in all things EU as they were before they chose this course of action.

Angela Merkel begs to differ:

"...some people in the UK still have some illusions on that score

. That would be just a waste of time. All 27 EU countries and the EU institutions agree about that..."

Of course, she admits British citizens are an important part of Europe, but her concern firstly lies with German (and all other EU citizens) living in the UK, and how things might change for them when Brexit is finalized.

13
3

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• alice55
    I think EU will try to make them pay or take revenge.
    Though it's only UK, they were never really fully in the EU honestly.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

212
  • oddwaffle
    UK is stuck between a rock and a hard place. They want all the benefits of the EU, have a say in the important rules and none of the responsibilities. They know it ain't happening but they keep believing anyways.

I think they will just go back to WTO rule, take a bunch of tariff and go into a recession. They also have to pay the EU for whatever project they started with the EU and hope that the EU aren't going to delay the payment to help the UK.

On the other hand, a lot of EU guys are sitting on the fence. The EU is starting to look like a failure and it's starting to come off in pieces. They realize the ship is sinking but the other option is jumping into the deep blue sea.

Their option is to hang on to Germany which decided to kick everyone else in the nuts years ago by keeping the wage low - hence a lot of mid-level EU countries are suffering from deficits.

It's the sort of fight that only one of them will survive. The EU will do everything it can to hurt the UK badly. As long as it can rope Ireland in and move most of the IT+financial sector to Ireland then the UK is looking at a world of hurt. They can't export to the EU and Trump is going to close the US door. Only China is left and those commies never play fair.
  • RandomBritishGuy94
    Speaking as one of those "young people" you'll find turnout was actually higher then originally thought and at least some of us voted to leave (around 35% if I recall).

We aren't leaving just because people "young people" not turning out to vote.
  • Gonetowardthewind
    lol she's trying to show her last ditch effort so when it comes September-October she can get re-elected. Note to Merkel, The German people who were born and raised in Germany aren't happy about you and your traitorous policies
  • disgustingweebtrash
    A deal could be struck to have such impact and rights due to our status in the world. Although I doubt it, nor do I care for mainland European affairs, we just want trade deals and maintain good relations. We do not want the political union. Personally I desire bringing the UK closer to Commonwealth/Anglosphere countries.
  • Kuraj
    UK officials are delusional if they think they will remain in any kind of position with an "impact".
    Brussels will fuck them in the ass like beaten dogs and Theresa May will be lucky to exit with humiliation with ANYTHING at ALL on her hands.

Brits are a bunch of stupid entitled rednecks who will put all of Trump's awful decision to shame.
    Good riddance I say.
  • PowerPrincess
    I'm American not British, however the more I see of the EU the more I think that I would have voted leave if I had the chance. Interesting to see what will happen if Le Penn gets into France.
  • Brokenheartedx
    Lying bass a... her thoughts aren't for germany or its people... absolutely wrecke the country with her open door policy and wrecking Europe as well... she should be jailed
  • RationalMale
    I note you don't include any link to any source... huh.

Merkel, she should be dragged from her office and publicly hanged for treason against Germans.
    • Agreed.

And yet the Germans chose her as their 'leader'. And not once, but at least 3 times.

There is a saying: "People get the leaders they deserve".

I guess Germany deserves a leftist cunt that sells them out to the muzzies. I'm glad my many-greats ancestors GTFO of Germany in the 19th century.

• dudegreat
    "her concern firstly lies with German (and all other EU citizens)"
    hahahahhaha her actions speak otherwise. Why else would she allow millions of thugs into EU as "refugees"/"immigrants".
    • Soteris

Angela Merkel is the leader of Germany and is not directly responsible for the EU in that regard. Therefore her alligence is naturally with the Germany people first and foremost. Other people are in charge of looking after the citizens of EU. It is not Merkels job to care about the EU as much as Germany.

• dudegreat

@Soteris yeah but the refugees she allowed are openly roaming around EU

• Soteris

I am not sure you understand how the EU works.. for the refugees to reach Germany they already has to have been allowed to openly roam around the EU. Not that its a problem either way.

• BanterBlitz
    The more I hear from Merkel and her EU cronies the happier I am that we're leaving. And the EU leaders are very worried. Cracks are showing everywhere.
    • I think the EU will collapse once the UK is completely out.

The impression I get is that the UK, Germany, and France have basically carried the rest of the EU, economically, with UK and Germany being the Big Two. Is that about right?

• @Barrabus_the_Free I'd probably say France and Germany. If France leave it is game over. That's why I'm hoping for Le Pen to be elected.

• SuccessfulHornDog
    The eu is going down because it doesn't respect nations sovereignty
  • Blitzkrieger
    Lets see how much of a big mouth the EUSSR has when frexit and italexit referendums come along.
  • OderintDumMetuant98
    Angela Merkel should be in prison for life.
  • Waffles731
    Jesus Christ what a moron