Justice Is Served: Amber Guyger Found Guilty

ManOnFire

The other day I happened to see a post on Facebook from a family member about Botham Jean and Amber Guyger. From what the post implied, it had to be about a white woman who killed a black man. So I Googled the situation and read up on it. Not only was the situation about a white woman who killed a black man but she is also another white cop who killed a black man. I'm shaking my damn head. But it gets worse as I find out that she killed a black man in his own home because she thought it was her apartment.

Some of you may already know about this sickening turn of events, as it happened last year in Dallas and only now did I become aware of it. From reading all the details the other day, to waking up this morning and checking on it and finding out that the jury found Guyger guilty, I feel joy that justice was actually given in a situation where a white cop is rarely punished for murdering a black person.

On the night of September 6, 2018...

Amber Guyger was coming home from working a 13 hour shift on the beat in Dallas, Texas. She parked on the wrong level of the apartment garage and tried to get into the wrong apartment that "she thought" was hers, when hers was actually on the next floor down. She found her way inside and saw Botham Jean sitting on his couch, watching his TV, and eating his ice cream. She claimed that he "appeared to be coming at her," and she shot him dead in the chest, believing that he was "burglar."

Guyger was terminated from the Dallas police force and charged with manslaughter later that month. Botham Jean, who's friends and family called "Bo," was a 26 year-old accountant for PriceWaterhouseCooper and will be missed by all those friends and family.

Justice is served…

Jurors did not buy Guyger's bullshit story or her defense's argument and did not hold back in making a courageous decision. It really didn't matter how long her shift on the beat was and how tired she was, stopping at an apartment door with a red mat in front that would've been 100% obvious to her that it's not hers because hers did not have one, is a bad sign in your story. And the fact that she slid her door card and the sensor kept showing red but she entered anyway definitely looks like intrusion.

It also gets worse as it was later revealed by the prosecution that Amber Guyger is a racist, when they presented racist text messages she exchanged with other officers, including one she had been having an affair with. "In the texts, Guyger jokes about Martin Luther King Jr.’s death, mocks her black colleagues and discusses a dog that her friend warns “may be racist.”

“It’s okay.. I’m the same,” Guyger wrote back about the dog, just days before she fatally shot 26-year-old Botham Jean in his Dallas apartment on Sept. 6, 2018. One minute later, she texted again: “I hate everything and everyone but y’all.”

"The new texts introduced after the verdict showed her mocking black officers working for the Dallas Police Department with her partner, Officer Martin Rivera. “Damn I was at this area with 5 different black officers !!!” Rivera texted Guyger on March 9, 2018. “Not racist but damn.” Guyger echoed Rivera and added: “Not racist but just have a different way of working and it shows.”

During a 2018 parade on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Guyger texted another officer about their lengthy shift as attendees celebrated the black civil rights activist’s legacy. “When does this end lol,” read a text sent to Guyger. She replied: “When MLK is dead … oh wait …”

Prosecutors also showed images of Pinterest posts about guns and violence that Guyger had saved and commented on. One post showed a photo of a “Minion” character from the “Despicable Me” movies with the caption: “People are so ungrateful. No one ever thanks me for having the patience not to kill them.” Guyger commented about owning a gun on another meme that read, “I wear all black to remind you not to mess with me because I’m already dressed for your funeral.”

- The Washington Post (https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/10/02/amber-guyger-offensive-texts-botham-jean-murder/)

But it’s not over yet…

Many of my white female friends and co-workers, in real life and here on GaG understand that I don’t hate white women, but know that I do hate the way they are put on high, and I’m sure that many support the verdict against Guyger as well. In a world that overglorifies and exonerates white women regularly because of its sexual bondage to them - especially blondes who are seen as beautiful - it is very refreshing and surprising to see that the right thing has been done by the Texas court system, which has a history of its own racism and record of being one of the states in the Union to incarcerate large numbers of black men - many of whom have been later found innocent - and is the state with a record of putting more people to death than any other.

Texas has shocked us by breaking free of the common mental illness of worshipping white women and finding one guilty of murdering a black man, and by possibly giving us hope that other states will give justice to the families of black men who have been killed by police.

However, we are not done yet. The sentencing for Amber Guyger is still in the process, and by Texas law she could get 2 to 20 years or life in prison. Let’s hope that the court will not be lenient and give her the lightest sentence but the utmost. And let’s also hope that in the future the justice system will stop being afraid of convicting white male cops for murdering black men and begin to do it more regularly.

#BothamsVictory

25
41
25Girl Opinion
41Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girls

• VIVANT
    Her excuse was insane.. even if it had been her apartment, she did not follow protocol, which is to detain culprit and cell for back up. What was he attacking eh armed cop with from the couch- his home of ice cream?

You can not walk in and just kill someone. Regular humans get charged for manslaughter if they murder intruders. She was OFF duty.

There was NO excuse to shoot anyone in the chest. Not under any circumstancial “ belief”

—Did you hear about the cops who went to the wrong door and shot a guy through the door? Didn’t even open it. Just shot and murdered him no communication.

First off They had no business KILLING Anyone -even the “right guy. “All they had was a warrant for arrest. And this was not “that” guy.

There defense was he was an illegal immigrant so the laws don’t apply to him. The lawyer prosecuting them, actually says he can not believe what an insane ridiculously stupid disgusting defense they were trying to use.

Even deranged creamy racist people can not buy the argument just it’s OK to blindly kill an innocent person they knew absolutely NOTHING about WHEN they killed him , bc it turned out AFTER THE GACT- they don’t like those “types of people”

Some things are just beyond words.
    Like 14 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • ManOnFire

They actually said it doesn't apply to him because he's an immigrant? Oh. My. God.

• VIVANT

Yes. Absolutely BUT thankfully (invariably) the jury did not buy it.

• VIVANT

Messed up thing Is the cops are surprised when they properly get convicted.

• The_White_Queen
    Racists don't hug. Also seems like you are the racist here. Just remember sometime you accidentally hurt or kill a white person your comments here, Facebook and Twitter will be pulled up by the prosecution to send you to jail. She accidentally shot a man she thought was in her home after a long shift. The victims family have forgiven her, spoken up for and even hugged her. Your attempt at race baiting has failed.
    https://youtu.be/lS1MvICvkrI
    LikeDisagree 18 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • lumos

Yo this video actually made my eyes water. That man has a shit ton of empathy, emotional maturity and forgiveness in him. Bless his heart.

• ronaldo75

PLENTY of racists hug. Go to Ohio or Upstate NY. White women up there actually have kids with black men then say racist shit to their OWN KIDS and fight with the guy's family. You can have black friends and still think that all black males are a danger. She's a piece of shit who should have gotten 20 years.

You can't tell me a black man who made the same "mistake" of walking into the wrong apartment and shooting white woman would get the same time.

• White Queen...
      My dear, ever heard of anything called slavery?

Slave owners would BEAR CHILDREN with their slaves, then keep the slaves enslaved along with their mothers.
      They did a hell of a lot more than just "hug."
      The problem here is thinking that racist are somehow not human. As if they cannot blend in with everyone else. They do and they always have.

My mother taught me something when I was really young, and I rememeber her words very clearly, and what she told me has always stuck with me because I've always been somewhat fascinated by it.
      She told me that, "Even Satan himself can shake your hand and smile in your face."

Most Helpful Guys

• EmperorOfRussia
    That makes no sense, @manchildonfire.

You claim that White women are like "Black men's worshippers", you say this all the time... Well, that kind of thing should not happen if you were right about your delusional claims. I mean, are White women supposed to hate, think low of and kill Blacks or to adore them? The two ideas are mutually exclusive! Decide yourself!

But I know you are not the kind of guy that should be taken seriously, boy. Here, you spend most of your time bitching about White women and talking about your sexual frustrations, maybe a result of an erectile dysfunction? Who knows... But taking it out on young girls like Britantic will not fix your problems!

You are weird and it wouldn't be surprising if someone tells me that you write your crap under the influence of some narcotic.
    LikeDisagree 7 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • ManOnFire

Dude, your whole rant here seems like it's under the influence of narcotics. Nowhere have I said that white women are black men's worshippers. Your problem is that you create your own perceptions of my writings, мальчик. You need to stop sucking Putin's dick and get a clear head.

• akiflyer
    That's all well and good... But why do Americans have to always make it a race thing? It doesn't matter if he's black or white! She went into the wrong house and shot somebody, that's it. That's bad enough! The fact he is black has nothing to do with it.

The more you make race an issue the more of an issue race becomes.
    LikeDisagree 15 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • she is a racist. she made it about race.

• Amen to that sir. Finally someone with sense. Exactly this has nothing to do with race. There is no damn proof she wouldn't have shot him if he was white.

• ManOnFire

@sockandshoes You got it👍

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

2339
  • Glue-Sniffer
    The sheer fact she is so dumb she can't even recognize her own apartment is reason enough to put her behind bars.
    Doctors at hospitals regularly pull 36 hour shifts. Pilots, flight attendants, truck drivers, nurses and fire fighters all have long and inconvenient working hours and no one has heard of any of them walking into the wrong apartment and killing the owner. Was she trying to pull an oscar pistorius?
    Like 11 People
  • SpiderManFan2002
    I hope she rots, the racist piece of scum.

Can you imagine the outcry we'd have on G@G, if it was the other way round?
    LikeDisagree 21 People
    • Guanfei

Yeah, I can imagine, you wouldn't even take the time to comment.

• @ManOnFire Dude, I've been looking at opinions on here and now a POC is a victim it's: "why do you have to make it about race?"

But if this was reversed and let's say a black cop killed a white woman it'd be- BLACK COPS ARE KILLING WHITE WOMEN HOW DARE THEY LOOK AT WHAT POC DO!!!

people on G@G are the only people I know which is like this. Thank god people irl are normal.

• Teahappy
    First off, how did she get into the apartment if it wasn't hers? Is the key the same?

Though, I am glad that she got sentenced. It's too often that these white cops think they can just kill blacks because of their ignorance (fear) of black people. We really should be fearing cops since you can't trust them to protect you.
    LikeDisagree 6 People
    • ManOnFire

The look system on his door was effective. What some other neighbors complained about with their own doors.

• Teahappy

What? I'd be suing that apartment too. That's crazy. If management knew of this problem, why didn't they fix it before?

• Bananaman177
    How is this Justice? 10 years? She'll probably serve less than 5?

If the roles were reversed, if a black man shot a white female cop, even a civilian, would he be looking at 10 years?

More like Life without parole or death penalty.

She killed the one black guy in Dallas who WASN'T committing a crime at the time, she should get more than 10 years.
    Like 4 People
    • ManOnFire

I absolutely agree.

• NeoKing

And yet people claim that white female privilege doesn’t exist... they’re delusional.

• AngelLily
    She should get 20 or more years if she knew that wasn't her place.
    Like 9 People
    • VIVANT

Even if it was she shit him in the heart when he was just sitting there. She could have left and called for back up. She wanted to kill.

• @VIVANT don't you think if she wanted to kill she would have done a better job of concealing the evidence? Like she's a cop.

• AngelLily

@VIVANT So true.

• TripleAce
    Honestly I dont think 10 years is the right sentence... I think the jury was going easy on her
    She should get 20 years for this murder... she broke all protocols, she was clearly trigger happy...

I mean didn't a teacher that had sex with a student just get 20 years, and she gets 10 for murder?

Like 2 People
    • markscott

Triple: I don't know that ten years was the right sentence, I don't know the twenty years would be the right sentence. But ten years is a significant sentence. However, your comparison between a Amber and a teacher who has sex with a student has it's limits. There is no indication that Amber planned on shooting the neighbor. If a teacher repeatedly has sex with a student, there is clear premeditation. And society tends to place a premium on children. Should a teacher get 20 years for this? It depends on the circumstances.

• ManOnFire

@TripleAce "I mean didn't a teacher that had sex with a student just get 20 years, and she gets 10 for murder?"
      - Very good point.

• TripleAce

@markscott
      yes you have a point, I do want to correct that the women that got 20 years was with a 13 year old boy, so barely even a teen... which is why she probably got 20 years... but apparently 20 years was the minimum sentence for her particular crime

Im guessing her 10 years is the minimum sentence she could get, they asked for 28 years minimum. I didn't see the details of the case, so of course im just assuming about a lot of things when I say 10 years is a bit less

Also @ManOnFire, its also a little strange that the neighbour that testified against Amber Guyer, the one that looked through the peephole on his door to see her after she shot him, that guy just got murdered (shot) ...

imagine that... something seems off

• markscott
    It's a very said and unfortunate situation for all involved. And very unfortunately, an innocent man was shot to death for no reason. It's also sad that Amber was found guilty, but the verdict was appropriate. You can just shoot someone when your life if not in jeopardy.
    Like 2 People
    • ManOnFire

There's nothing sad about Amber being found guilty. And @wittymilf shame on you for agreeing with that.

• markscott

Manonfire: I think it sad whenever anybody is found guilty, or commits a serious crime. It's a life wasted, or years wasted, that could have been used for good. I don't mean they should not be found guilty, just that it's such a waste of human potential to be in prison. Much better to never have committed the crime. I stand by that it's sad whenever a life is wasted, be it through death or prison. Same goes for someone who is guilty and shot and killed during a crime.

• ManOnFire

Nothing wasted about it. When you do a crime like that you choose to let yourself get wasted away in prison. And that's the price you pay.

• 1truekhaleesi
    I've worked 16 hour days and never walked up to another person's or apartment and tried to kill them. She should've gotten 20 years.
    Like 12 People
    • Hypnos0929

Exactly. I use to work back to back shifts at an IHOP and I never once got off on the wrong floor or walked into someone's home accidentally. I mean how did she even get in without a key? That means she willingly broke into his home and killed him

• @Hypnos0929 I will admit when my sister got a brand new house, all the houses in her neighborhood looked identical. My mom and I accidentally walked up to the wrong house. We got to the doorway before we realized that this house had different furniture and my sister had a sign that said welcome this house didn't. The people that lived there didn't realize anything and we were like, "oh shit. Sorry."

That means that this woman navigated through this house and never once thought it was weird that things were different. She did this on purpose or she's too dumb to be a cop.

• Crowferret

Death, life for a life

• lightbulb27
    It sounds like she had no business being on police and had mental issues/power issues. From what I read, not sure race was really the factor, but maybe that was just the "piec eof straw" that sent her mentally over the edge to shoot.

Either way, that isn't justice and never is. He was in his house eating dinner and was murdered by someone out of their minds... due to job function or other. It isn't justice she goes to jail, I don't know what is justice. She showed remorse, that's good, knows she made a mistake.

This just affirms how dangerous it is to have weapons that are so powerful.

I've made a mistake like this in my job... I often get a key to clients house to go in and do work, or when I go out to my car... and I have a "not paying attention senior" moment... and it's the wrong house. It be so easy for someone sitting there with their loaded gun to freak and fire away.

This was truly a tragedy, regardless of race. How does one really make amends for something like this?
    Like 1 Person
  • Mado108
    Unbelievable! Inventing all kinds of excuses to kill black people.
    LikeDisagree 14 People
  • ariadneR
    Can you imagine if the roles were reversed? Especially in the rest of America?
    I'm glad Texas broke the norm
    Like 4 People
    • ManOnFire

And I'm hoping the rest of America will take note.

• wittymilf
    Wow what a tragic story, so sad it’s been made into racial one too.
    LikeDisagree 11 People
    • ManOnFire

She made it a racial one.

• wittymilf

Seems the whole world has made it a racial one. I’m not from a country where a persons colour is colour is used to describe then. That’s so weird, like saying a pretty girl
      Shoot an ugly guy. 🤔 why not a chick who stumbled into the wrong house assumed the guy on her couch was an intruder and shoot him🤷‍♀️

• How so. Where is the proof she wouldn't have shot if he was white

• xxxeo
    this is really creepy. she probably thought she should get away with it. hope she gets life... she murdered an innocent black man
    Like 11 People
  • 0oGreyo0
    Justice was not she be out in like 3 to 4 years. She need at least 25 years minimum. Thatd man's life is only worth 10 years.
    Like 3 People
  • jennifer_bloom
    She murdered an amazing man and she should rot in jail for the rest of her life.
    LikeDisagree 7 People
  • buttcrackjoe
    Let this be a lesson to all,

1.) Never leave your door unlocked
    2.) prepare for a gunfight every time the door bell rings
    LikeDisagree 4 People
    • ManOnFire

His door wasn't unlocked. It was defective. What other neighbors in that building complained about with their own door.

• She was a coward for using deadly force so preemptively, bad cop. Bad bad cop. Too many trigger happy cowards on the force

• Oh that’s interesting i was wondering about that!
      Well shit sue the land lord while they’re at it!!
      Poor dude damn it

• Daniela1982
    In this case I hope she gets what she deserves which amounts to cold blooded murder. The only way this could even happen accidentally is if she had been on crack, but of course police don't smoke pot or use other drugs, right? Yeah, sure! If she gets a light sentence I wouldn't blame blacks from rioting. The bitch deserves a stiff sentence so as to be a deterrent for killing blacks by other white cops.Justice Is Served: Amber Guyger Found Guilty
    Like 2 People
    • Mado108

Exactly what I thought! She was on drugs or she just a cold hearted racist.

• ManOnFire

She wasn't on drugs. And unfortunately she only got 10 years.

• Nadim171

10 bloody years for killing someone by mistake. And you're rejoicing. Who's the wicked one here?

• brennanhuff
    Yeah but don't you find that problematic how it's white women who have almost gone to prison? More of the shootings have been by MALE while cops yet they are free. The justice system is messed up often, but' it's kind of fucked up and seems on person that a cop was to made an example of and it's the female cops. When the majority of the shootings have been by the male cops.
    • Was it really to make things better or out justice system just trying to make an example or get heat of their back, so chose the minority cop over the majority committers? (white MALE cops)

• ManOnFire

All true, but it doesn't really matter. She committed a crime and has to answer for it, regardless of whether most killer cops are white males.

• It should when male cops are being allowed to do the same thing and much more often. Don't be surprised if more shootings happen by a male cop and for him to be free, only for another 1 out of 100 cop shootings done by a female cop again and she goes to prison, because she's a woman or more expendable to make an example from apparently.

• Liam_Hayden
    Her explanation was absurd. "I entered the wrong apartment thinking it was mine, saw a man in there and shot him." And even if true the act would constitute manslaughter with gross negligence at the least.
    Like 3 People
  • SomeGuyCalledTom
    I've worked 13 hour shifts and managed not to kill anyone, does she really think that will fly as an excuse
    Like 4 People
  • Show More (42)