4 Reasons You're Still Not Over Your Ex

1. Stalking him/her on social media

This is a big no-no! Stalking your ex on social media won't help you at all. I know, we’re all guilty of stalking our exes at one point or another. But If you can’t help yourself, try unfollowing them on all social media platforms, and block them from seeing your posts as well. It might seem harsh, but it will be easier to forget them.

4 Reasons You're Still Not Over Your Ex

2. Isolating yourself

It is understandable that right after a breakup, you just want to curl up in bed and never come out. If you need to, take a few days to relax with a new hobby or book, but don’t isolate yourself for too long. Reach out to a friend, a family member or someone else you trust. It’s important to surround yourself with the people who love you unconditionally and to understand that although you’ve lost someone, you aren’t alone.

3. Turning down new people

There is no harm in going on a few dates or trying to meet new people. If you’re saying no to every single person that asks you out or flirts with you, you could be missing out on someone great for you. Go out! Flirt with others! Have fun! CAUTION: Do NOT talk about your ex on any of your dates!

4. Blaming yourself

Remember: It takes two people to be in a relationship and two people to end it. It's not your fault. The worst thing you can do is to continuously ask yourself what you did wrong. Blaming yourself for things not working out won’t bring your ex back, and it will only make you feel worse. But if you did in fact make a mistake, try to forgive yourself. Reflect further on what happened and give yourself time to heal.

Yes, breakups are hard. We have a tendency to make them even harder on ourselves. Rather than dwelling on the past, try your best to move forward a little bit every day. Be kind to yourself, you will get through this!

68
Clarisa_ is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was rebounded once. Girl talked about her ex every date. Then cheated on me with another guy. She used me to feel better enough to move on. I don't think it would of gone anywhere anyway because she was a redneck and I am not. But it still hurt that she did that. 4 years later, I don't talk to her online and thankfully have never seen her again. She was the first girl to ever hurt me. The others just lived too far and it was more of a distance is sure than love gone wrong. I def. think unfollowing them and blocking them works. Outta sight outta mind

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm glad I dont have a facebook or twitter.!! I couldn't imagine having the want to look at his page constantly. Definitely doesn't help. :)

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 7

• Great advice - Sounds so logical and makes perfect sense so WHY then do we not listen to ourselves, you, our family, our friends and society in general. I suppose that is what makes life so convoluted and wonderful. Again we just keep going till it doesn't hurt so much and we can think of a future without them maybe with someone new. How soon or how much later, if ever is up to each individual person. I personally am not thinking about my ex but I find myself constantly microscopically analysing the carnage of my last relationship rather than the girl herself. It is just totally a "Go Figure" time for me.

• 5. You trash talk your ex to new dates
    6. You want your new date to start shit with the ex and make him/her jealous

Great take. Having been used as a rebound at a point, these are definitely signs to look out for. Whenever I hear a girl who says I just got out of a relationship or talk shit about their ex, then I immediately back away from that situation. Not worth going through that shit again.

• As far as point number one goes, checking your ex's social media is the most counterproductive thing you can do and I've been guilty of it. No matter if they're single or seeing someone new, you'll still be angry and jealous no matter what. You're basically torturing yourself. It is something that you can avoid.

• Thank you for reading! And yeah, we all are guilty of stalking our exes online but blocking them helps!

• Good advice.

I was doing these things 6 months after the break up, and of course, still wasn't over her.

Eventually I had to force myself to block her everywhere, delete all contacts with her, and only then was I able to move on.

• Decent take

• That take has high levels of truth Clarisa... even only looking at the 4 titles I immediately recognized that. That's exactly what people do if they can't let failed relationships behind them :o

• It's been 3 years, I'm pretty much over her

• You do a lot of takes about exes lol.

What Girls Said 5