Why Guys Cheat - Three Common Reasons

Growing up with three sisters and having a lot of girl friends, I have always heard girls ask the question "Why did he cheat on me?" Well I'm going to tell you some possibilities of why he felt the need to cheat.

Coming from experience of being a jackass to girls during high school and hanging around guys that cheated all the time, there could have been many things wrong.

They Want to Push the Limits
A lot of guys use the excuse, "I was having doubts about the relationship, so I did it to see if she really cared" or "I was drunk and do not remember." These are just lies. One of the main reasons most guys cheat is because they want to see how much they can get away with before they lose their girlfriend. There's always the instance that the girls will break up with them but take them right back. Which, in most cases, the guy will just claim they will "never do it again."

Boredom
Another reason that guys may cheat is because they get bored with the relationship and want to explore other options. I am sure that most girls will hear the statement "I want to go on a break." or "I think we should hang out with our friends more and take time away from each other." These are just excuses they use so guys can mess around with other girls.

Scared of Commitment
Finally, a reason a lot of guys will not admit but it is true, is that they are scared to commit themselves. A lot of guys don't like the idea of getting too attached to one person in fear of getting hurt. So they cheat to push the girl away. That's probably the most common reason a guy will cheat on you.

But I'm not saying that this is true for everyone. In most situations, these are the most common excuses that my guy friends and I have used in the past. Girls, do not fall for these excuses!

95

Most Helpful Girl

• Thanks for the write up. I do want to call to attention to girls that it is possible to be a 'slut' and then have surgery to reduce the consequences from sleeping around too much. There are a lot of good looking guys and guys who smell nice, don't just stick with one loser who will eventually cheat on you. but do know if you have a good apple on your hands.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would call pushing the limits=selfishness(maybe to a person's spontaneous side), boredom=no self discipline/self contro/lack of effort, and scared of commitment=cowardice actions. But I think it all starts from not taking the relationship seriously.

Sponsored

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 8

• Don't agree at all. If it's true guys cheat because they don't want to commit to one woman... then why do married guys cheat when they love their wives?

This article is totally wrong.

From experience, if a guy is a "cheater" it's usually in his DNA and there's nothing a woman can do about it. The woman can be absolutely gorgeous (example: Cheryl Cole) or smart, together and strong (example: Hillary Clinton) - it's usually more about the man.

My advice: check HIM out before you wed.

• This just makes me loathe and have little faith in men. but your article speaks for a lot of men out there. *sigh*

• I agree with your points and have been witness and sometimes victim to all of them. I really believe that if men really knew what and how we women do the same exact things they do, they would gag and pass out. As long as men don't think women are capable of being beasts when it comes to cheating and getting away with it, they won't stop and think about it before they do it.

• My boyfriend cheated on me when he was drunk and he said his best friend made him to do it and I just old him to shut up. but I didn't break up with him because I knew I was just going to get back with him you are soo right bout gurls are just gunna be back with him, because I totally would've done that no matter what because I'm in love with him ha.

• Yea mans are afraid of commit and it all they man...my ex killed me now I don't believe in love and I only want someone to love me for me and I done with relationship or loving

i hate man who cheat and lies on your face and I'm done bein a good girl

• Thanks for the insight, but this just pisses me off....haha

I'm hoping there's better guys out here that don't do stupis sh*t like this.

• A lot of guys cheat because they are afraid of commitment in a relationship my ex was the same way.

• I just have to ask, have YOU personally ever used any of these excuses? Lol.

What Guys Said 4

• Are you freaking serious. Ladies don't buy this crap. Most good Guys cheat on girls they love for one reason and one reason alone. You are making them feel unspecial and another girl comes along and makes them feel awesome about themselves. That's it.

• There are better men then this out there, the bad part is women don't ever see a guy who is "real", that takes the time to show his affection by sending flowers or a card. What does she do? First thing she does is say "don't send flowers to me!! EVER!! Your an idiot for doing this", and here is another one, "don't kiss me in public , I don't want anyone to know were dating". Oh my God! Sometimes I wonder why women end up on Oprah crying the blues about oh geez he cheated on me!

• Funny I have met girls who do the exact same thing to men.

• These are some of hte same reasons girls cheat