What's the best thing to do when he leaves you for his ex?

I was seeing a guy for seven months, I thought we were deeply in love. everything was pretty good, we had our arguments, but we became best friends. everything moved really fast but he told me every day how much he loved me and meant to me. well, out of the blue, he started acting like a jerk. I told him he needed to treat me nicer. after a long talk, he told me he doesn't know what the problem is, he needs to be by himself, wants a break, etc. he said he wouldn't be dating anyone else because he knows leaving me is a dick move, but its what he wanted. well, two weeks went by and I didn't hear anything from him except that he doesn't know and he needs time. I found out from one of his old friends that he's been trying to get back with his ex. he would constantly talk about how bad their relationship was, how much he hated her, and I guess they had a lot of problems. why the hell would he leave me to go back to her? the last thing I said to him was that he doesn't need time, I know who... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• Awe hun! I'm sooooo srry, I know how you feel, in my opinion he wasn't over her in the first place, it's kinda like girls. We can pick asses for the one we love and no matter how much it hurts us we still hold on to them hoping they'll change. Although you were there for him and gave him ur heart and soul things won't always go how you want without an unexpected turn, maybe this is a sign that he wants you but he wants to make sure he can stay with you and be faithful, I know that sounds weird with the situation, but that's what happended to me, we dated for 8months, the he broke up with me out of the blue and said he needed "time to figure things out" I gave him time and he went with his ex the bitch down the street from me so I was seeing him no matter what. they broke up after a good 3 months and he canme rihgt back to me, I asked him why I should take him back and he said "I really do love you I just had to make sure all old flames with her were over and they are, Ur the one I want to be with,I'm srry I hurt you I didn't mean it but if you take me back I swear I won't break ur heart ever again." So yeah... I knoww he hurt you but reallly give him a little bit if he doesn't get his head out of his ass but they , then he really wasn't worth ur time. you dserve someone who will ALWAYS love and care for you no matter what.