Why did my ex contact me then completely disappear/ignore me?

I was with my ex for 3-4 months until he ended it a week after my birthday saying that "he couldn't see us being in a long-term relationship... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• I was in a similar situation so unfortunately, from my experience, he ended up dissappearing forever :( We dated for 3 months, he gave me the same line as to why we needed to break up even though we both said we were falling in love. I deleted him from my life and then he wished me a Happy Thanksgiving. I sent him a text a few weeks later about my new job since I thought he wanted to stay friendly and haven't heard from him in 2 months. Sorry for my story but it seems very similar, and that's what has happened to me. I don't understand why guys do this, and I haven't moved on as much as I try. All I know is that if a guy doesn't come knocking down your door to be with you, or at least be into you enough to reply to your message, then he's not interested, trying someone else out for a bit, and doesn't deserve you. I always think what could be when things end nicely, but we can't wait forever. I say try to forget about him as much as it hurts. A little while down the line he might come back, but I wouldn't wish for it. I'm only speaking from my own experience so I hope you get some perspective. If you get sad thinking about him, try to remember that he's probably not thinking of you (since most guys will contact those they're thinking of) and get mad at him for this and move on.

• Aww you poor thing :( I know I was starting to move on and forget about him until he sent the message then it threw me off completely leaving me with mixed thoughts. I still don't understand why he did it and what his motive was, it was probably just to be nice (or his family said something as I did meet them and spent time with them). I guess the best thing for both of us is to count our losses and move on...