Interracial Relationships

Interracial Relationships

I don't understand why people love it when an interracial relationship consists of a white female/POC Male but as soon as its POC/White Male there's always someone saying something negative. As a WOC who is attractive to guys of differences races I get told that I'm racist for my taste in men all of the time. Since race is a major thing with all of the the hate crimes going on, thats always being thrown out there. I always get asked the question "Why do you like them, you know they got small dicks but that BBC though" and shit like that. I've had several black guy friends who will straight up say "I hate black girls" or "I can't date a chick that's dark skinned" (YOU are dark skinned wtf) and even though I'm a light caramel color that pissed me off because I get called racist for saying I prefer dating other races mostly white guys but they can say that they hate black girls and everyone applaud them... I don't get it. Now on to when there is an actual relationship, everyone and their momma's support a black man and a white woman in a realtionship but when its the other way around there's someone rolling their eyes or asking why they are with with that person.

What I'm trying to say is a black woman does not have to fall in love with black men just because she's black. She can like other races without people without people trying to convince her otherwise.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 25

• Great take :)
    For some reason people sometimes give me weird looks when I say I'm into Asian and Latino girls. Just because I'm White doesn't mean I have to go only for White girls. I like them too, but Asian girls seem to have better personalities.

As for Black girls, I just don't find them attractive. There are the rare few that I could say are good looking, but I couldn't imagine myself sleeping with them since I have never gotten an erection from a Black girl. It has nothing to do with racism, just sexual preference.

• I agree with you. Some people just have different preferences. I tend to avoid dating blacks. Partly because I am tired of being proven wrong about blacks fitting so many of their stereotypes, and partly because I am just, for the most part, not physically attracted/attractive to them.

Why should I or anyone else be blamed and called racist for having a preference? Should I be insulted for disliking the color pink as well? Love who you love, and if it happens to not be a race or skin tone then so be it. Someone will come along and love them in return eventually.

• @StreetLevel Its not about being open or close minded. You make it seem like I should just go out there and find a Black girl I like. The problem is, there aren't any. Even those with great personalities. It's like saying I should date a fat short girl. They turn me off, it's innate.

• latino girls everytime

• As a black American, I'm all for interracial dating. Let people find love wherever they happen to find it.

However, it is very psychologically abnormal, for someone to NEVER find a single person of their own ethnicity attractive. I always feel people like this had some social or psychological damage in their live.

• i dont mind some black beauty :)

but i do agree

• I like myself, but I find that I have not had the opportunity to meet the right girl.

• I'm mostly white and I've had many relationships with black women
    and they were good. Actually I've seen it more the other way. It seems
    that here in the Southeast society can accept a women of color/white guy relationship a lot better than a man of color with a white woman. Why I don't
    know. The group that I've seen scream more about mixed relationships are
    the Jewish communities. Why I don't know. I have many Jewish friends, but when
    it comes to mixed relationships they are very prejudiced. As liberal as they are on
    many issues, this is so hypocritical. And I tell them about it.

• Fucks are precious. Don't waste them.

• What the fuck? I have never heard no one applaud black men for hating black women. What I don't get is that when white people have a preference, its usually for their own, but blacks usually hate themselves and other blacks have preferences for just whites only and that's weird and creepy. Its like they think that just dating a white person will make their lives so much better guaranteed. I'm open to date interracial , but I'm not going to chase other races down and worship them. If I meet a woman and she just happens to be a different race, so be it. All so what I don't understand is how the media and entertainment over encourage WOC to only date white guys. Why not Hispanic guys? Why not Asian guys? The media NEVER encouraged MOC to only date white women... Even before white women started dating outside their race, they were never encouraged by the media and society to do so like WOC are today. Like in Hollywood, A-list WOC actresses enhance their career by dating and doing interracial romance movies/ tv shows with white men, while a A- list white actress can ruin their career by doing interracial romance movies /tv shows with MOC.

• ... Do you know how much fucktardery you just spewed? And you're HOW old?

• That's just your lame opinion. I speak the truth, Guess that's why I have a lot of up votes.

• You're all wrong and exaggerating. I mean, I'm sure you're NOT exaggerating about the negative looks and the brainwashed attitudes. Of that i have no doubt. But "everyone loves poc make with white female interracial relationships"? Uh - no. Not everyone. Not even close. I would say it's more like more people accept it cuz it's old hat. And WOC with White male, I'm not going to say you're exaggerating on the hate you get from blacks either. You're probably right on point there too.

Any black male that says either (take your pic cuz both are caused by the same thing) a: "i don't find black women (as a whole group) attractive. OR

B: "I only find white (as whole group) attractive"

Is suffering from an intentional, forced condition of brainwashing imagery manipulation and "the grass is greener" syndrome. They are asleep and blinded by ignorant stupidity. Evade, avoid, ignore and stay away from them at all cost. They know not what they do.

We all know that there's physical attractiveness in all races, color, ethnics and cultures. Plus the personal preference factors. Done get me wrong, there's nothing wrong or racist about a WOC having a preference for white male looks, or vice versa. Or anyone having any preference. In my book. But, when it come to white women there is the issue of mainstream media brainwashing and imagery manipulation. Any male type has to ask himself, including white men (but they can get away with defaulting.) "do I really prefer white women, really and truly in my heart over everything else? Or have I been programmed to think so my entire life, subliminally, by mainstream media and it's imagery manipulation?"

It's worse with many black guys though because they take it hook line and sinker including the other side which the same system programs them to hate black women and see them as ugly. It's not totally their fault. But the weaker the man the harder it will be for him to wake up and see that he's been had.

What I'm saying is that people with these attitudes and views yoke mention are stuck, stupid, and will be left behind.

Avoid, ignore, evade and keep clear. You go one your way and let ignorant, blind, unconscious stupidity go it's way. Let it talk and say what it wants. You just keep steppin on your way and don't let the media fool you. Stick with real people in the real world.

• Sorry i downvoted you lol, can't correct it somehow. I agree with you though

• Yeah. Look at okcupid statistics. Most people prefer to date within their own race, except for black guys, even though black girls are mostly into black guys. According to the stats, black guys in general prefer Latina or Hispanic women. Black women get pretty shafted... :/

But. I don't really hear much about people talking about white guys and black chicks. I wasn't aware that was an issue. Pretty much everyone you talk to says they're fine with anyone dating anyone.

Also, the biggest dick in the world is white. You could pretty much use that both ways it can be said.

• Biggest dick in the world is Latino.

• 2nd biggest dick in the world is brown. Why? We created sexual positions.

• OP, maybe it's cause you're an antagonistic moron, that you're seeing things that aren't there and extrapolating society-wide based on one or two experiences? Maybe. Just maybe. But I'm sure you could never possibly consider that you are wrong. Despite being factually wrong about the largest dick in the world. And, exactly where are these hate crimes going on?

• Indeed there are superficial people in this world.

• This white guy would love to meet an intelligent slender/fit black woman. The same qualities I look for in all women. I'm just not into "thick" regardless of color.

People should mind their own business on who other people choose to date.

• Wish i could up vote this a few times. Especially the last sentence. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

• It's perceived as unusual. Chris Rock has a standup joke on this. Black men like white women, but white women do not like black men. It's just a generalization but I think most people actually believe that.

Just ignore the haters and keep going for whoever you think is attractive. They're just jealous because they want you or they feel they couldn't get somebody of a different race.

• I only date white and East Asian girls. Or a mix between the two (Eurasian). I don't care about the rest.
    Whites and East Asians have established the most advanced civilizations known to man. Whites and East Asians are on average the most intelligent and educated.

By the way, I wouldn't date a girl who dated a non-white non-East Asian guy. It's about class, not race. Non-white non-East Asians are the bottom of the barrel, no matter what society they live in, no matter under what circumstances.

• Yes, just non-Jewish Germans and Japanese.

Where have I heard that before...

• @valeriewen - from my study of Asian ethnicities, Far East Asians included Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Taiwanese while Thai, Vietnamese, Laotian, Cambodian, Malaysian, Philippines are considered South East Asians. (Neither a complete list). Not looking for argument. Just offering my input. I've lived in Japan and Philippines for some years. im extremely partial to Asian women and cultures. All of them. I'm not into racial squabbles as I'm steadily starting to discount the whole race thing. Anyway...

• Taiwanese here, when the fuck has Thailand and shit been east Asian, they're way different I can tell you guys apart from us like a mile away.
      That's like calling an Italian Scandinavian =_=

• how can girls not spot men who just want to get in thair pants, try to understand peoples characters before you fall head over heels. If you meet this guy and he is so interested in taking you home or going to your place and getting in your face then stay away lol, some women are just so in need of attention they overlook this HAHA, yah there are players who are BLACK, BROWN, GREEN, WHITE, PURPLE, YELLOW who are trying to get with you just try to be more prudent when giving out your number.

• I think think what matters most is that you love each other and are attracted to each other, skin color, sexual orientation none of that matters. I agree with your take, its not like that everywhere but in far to many places.

I hope you find someone you love and are attracted to and can be accepted.

• More up votes 4 u. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

• I use to be very selective but after growing up I've met beautiful women from every race. Therefore I know I'm not selective of race I'm just very peculiar with their overall looks. (Despite the fact that I usually get attracted to the less attractive girl in the room).

• Key words "after growing up". Huge. More up votes for your overall comment. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

• I would never date a black girl and i'm black lol

• For me personally, and I know how stupid this sounds... But anymore i roll my eyes when i seen a black guy with a white girl. And as someone that dates mostly women of different races, its a weird situation. Black men, in my experience find white women as conquests. i know there are some that are not like that, but im willing to bet that a majority are into conquests. I actually feel bad for black women, and this sounds dumb too, but white guys that date black girls get treated like shit too.

• I have to agree. I have two black kids and both their fathers left me, they werent interested in love at all, just getting off and knocking me up. there's a saying, 'Once you go black you're a single mom' There is so much truth to that!

• @sunsetgoddess9

Not all of us black dudes are like that! Sorry u dealt with some bad apples. :-/

• If anyone believes this stupidity, then they shouldn't be having children.

• Its a shame that in 2015 this is a topic for discussion.
    DATE WHO YOU LIKE AND EVERYONE ELSE MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!!

• Haha MHO for this My Take. It is. Shame that there isn't that option here.

*applauds profusely*

• The point is that interracial is disgusting. This whole text above doesn't matter.

• You are ignorant. LOVE IS BLIND!

• Lol I don't know what is more disgusting. Interracial relationships or this attitude of full on hating on other human beings.

• Oh wait. I do know. It is a no brainer :P

• confused af. Only people I won't date are for religious reasons not race or anything

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 37

• I know this may sound racist but it seems that some black people are pure stupid and you have met some of them. If they disrespect you about this topic again just never talk to them again.

• It's sad to say, but a lot of people still have that stick to your own kind mentality. I personally don't really care. If you love them then that's what matters. I've gotten called names and accused of hating my own race because I like white guys too. But liking white guys doesn't mean that I don't like black guys. Both of my ex's are black. And outside of them, not too many black guys show interest in me. White guys do. And I never talk bad about black guys, but I've heard some of the negative things about us. It's sickening. And then the same black men that bash us are the same ones butt hurt when they see us with a non black man. Makes no sense.

• It's ridiculous to call you a racist over your preference. It's not like your treating black men poorly or refusing them work opportunities, refusing them service where you work, or even refusing to talk to them -- all because they are simply black. That sort of thing IS racist. What you're describing is more race fetishism.

I'm in an interracial marriage and I took flak from my husband's family and people who are now former friends of his of his race who had an issue with me being white. Not even giving me a chance to know me, just an outright refusal to accept me and even as far as to make comments about "those people" when referring to whites. When I met him, I loved his look. I made no apology for it. I wasn't racist against whites, as being racist isn't what I'm about. People need to learn what the definition of racism is before being getting their torque loose over what they think is expected of you for something as stupid as a physical preference for someone.

• you have to just focus on yourself

• I guess I'm riding the proverbial elephant in this room because I'm white and prefer dating men of color. That doesn't mean I don't find white guys attractive, I do, I just prefer a relationship with black men because that is what I'm used to, it's the culture of men I mostly identify with, and frankly black men make me feel like a princess. My parents divorced when I was 5 and my mom re-married a black man with children so I grew up with a black step dad and 3 black older brothers. We moved to a mostly black neighborhood and I assimilated with black culture early on. I never considered dating a white guy until I was in college. I like white guys ok, I think they're cute, I just never went out with a white guy who gave me that chill like black guys give me. It feels awkward to me. Occasionally I will still go out with white guys if I meet one that's hot but it never really works out for me. I think interracial relationships are the best of all worlds myself. I see myself marrying a black man when I'm ready to settle down.

• I don't know what planet you're on but there's a huge problem when a white female dates other races, especially black men.

• Mixed babies are the light of the world 😍

• In movies tho you rarely see a white female (main) character fall in love with a MOC, without it being the point of the entire movie.
    I don't know what I'm trying to say with this, it's just something I've noticed.

• I love white guys... I lover German men. I've had the most success dating German men. When it comes to physical attraction, I'm more physically and sexually attracted to hot east Asian guys like Yoshi Sudarso <3 <3 <3

• There is definitely a double standard. Society is more accepting to BM/WW couples, than the other way around in the united States. In Europe, it's the other way of around. In Europe it mostly BW/WM that you see more often...

I've only ever dated outside of my race and culture, and I've had black men who just got through talking about how they dislike black females, or brag about how they love IR, turn around and question my dating choices when I mention that I prefer white men. I'll date ANYTHING, but I've had the most success with white men. My preference isn't superficial and is based off of looks the way other people's preferences are most of the time... I go based off of success and the general attitude of the men in that culture, and behavior patterns and mannerisms.

When it comes to marriage in the United States, between blacks and whites, white females and black men are more likely to marry, but divorce at higher rates. The other way around WM/BW have more successful marriages

• I've had horrible things said to me about my dating choices, and these insults were usually from hypocritical men who also participate in IR. With black people, some how it's more acceptable for the men to date out, while the females are expected to only be attracted to and date black males. The females who do explore IR (myself) will be bombarded with negativity from black men who ALSO participate in and explore IR... There is definitely a double standard.

• excuse my typos... I wish they would let up go over and edit these post.

• I think interracial relationships are no different than same-race relationships. I mean, I've only dated white guys, but I've been having more of a preference for black guys in the past few years. I don't think it's anyone else's business who someone chooses to love, no matter what color their skin is.

• Very true I get that a lot. Black guy says to me he is great in bed like other guys aren't. It's s major turn off. or I get guys saying oh you gone to another side like what side 😑😖😏

• I'm a black girl that have met a self hating black male.
    I changed his ignorant perception on black girls..
    Hell he actually fell in love with me (and I'm definitely not self hating ). Because I told him that he's meeting the wrong type of black women and told him to start looking in calm , clean places.. for the type of women you're looking for and most likely he started loving the women of his race hell he was prasing them...

• Don't get me started. "Why can't you date a nice black man?" "That white boy looks racists!" "You can have any black man you want and you go for a cracker?"

I know it's beyond annoying, though I have heard plenty of nasty remarks when there's a black man with a White/Asian/Latina woman (mostly from the older generation) but I've noticed that a black woman with anyone other than a black man is made into a bigger deal. I'm lighter skinned too, but it doesn't make much of a difference. I just think a black man and white woman coupling is more accepted/"less shocking" than the other way around.

Those other people are superficial. There are plenty of things I will never understand like why some black men say they can't date a woman darker than them or flat out say they would never date a woman of their own race with a disgusted look on their face, or why white or even mixed/light skinned women are idealized and almost worshipped, while a black woman often gets the put down for being "too dark." Not generalizing here, but it's not a rare occurrence either. Unfortunately, this sort of closed minndedness is not limited to the black community. I really don't get it, but it's not my life and not my choice to make. Attraction is important, but I do consider it a bit limiting to say you would never date someone just based on the color of their skin.

Love is love and there's nothing else to it. Love isn't a gender or an age or a color. I've met plenty of good black men that I've been physically attracted to, but looks fade in time. What you've got left is the real person, if you have nothing in common, struggle to hold a conversation and are overall incompatible then what's the point? You don't have a relationship or get married to someone's skin, you commit yourself to the person. I really wish people could understand that. I just happened to fall head over heels in love with an amazing man that happens to be white. Don't let that ignorant crap get to you, you be with whoever you want to be with. It's been 7 years for me and I'm still in love with the same pastey white man, and other people opinion still don't matter.

• I agree completely! There are still so many hateful and close minded people out there. I can speak from experience, my boyfriend is Hispanic and I feel like there has always been this "expectation" for me to date a white guy at least from my family. They've never come right out and said anything, but I can just TELL if that makes sense.

• Date a black guy, I'm 100% sure they will come right out and say something.

• @StreetLevel Even if they did, it wouldn't matter to me. If I love someone it's for them as a person, not the color of their skin. It's a shame that people are still so close minded today though.

• At least you didn't or don't continue the cycle.

• The world is a mix of people. Liars, bastards, bellends, cuties, honest ones, etc. You cannot have a perfect world.

Just ignore it. Personally I prefer to date within my race but I'm not adverse to dating outside it. My brothers wife isn't white - she's Madagascan.

Just go with it. People will hate you for something whether it's your skin, gender, nose size, dick size, tummy size, foot size or whatever. Do what makes you happy and screw the world

• I think so too , and i think love has no limits or rules especially not race , and everyone has his own preferance ^^ i am arab and my boyfriend is Asian and we love eachother so much :)

• skin color is just skin color. There is only one race and that is the human race. And if you beleive in religion or science they both say we are ALL related. To judge one on their skin color makes no sense. WE all came from Africa , so we where all dark at sometime. LOL, the fact that we will and probably always judge eachother on skin color means we as human will never evolve as beings. But than again transracial is becomming a thing, so I don't know. STOP judging on skin color it doesn't make sense in anyway.

• I don't think you should stress yourself out over this. Jehovah tells us not to get vexed because he knows it'll bring stress and other health issues.
    Live your life and don't let foolish people keep you down. xx

• I'm all for interracial relationships of any kind! To me, an attractive guy is an attractive guy. His race doesn't matter at all. But I get what you mean, especially your point about the whole reversal of genders when it comes to interracial dating. For example, a white guy is dating an Asian girl, and no one says anything. But if it's a white girl dating an Asian guy, people suddenly have plenty to say. As a white girl who's very attracted to Asian guys, I find this very annoying. In the end, we're all people. Why can't we just get along? :)

• I'm sorry but what does WOC and POC mean? O_O

• Women of Color, Person of Color.

Which are pretty silly terms since white is the presence of all colors whereas black is the absence of all colors.

• @zagor
      I'm pretty sure yellow is a color? 😂

• OK, so the Simpson's are POC...

• More from Girls
    17