Types of Men Women Should Avoid...

Dating is a complicated thing; you know the awkwardness and the uncertainty. And then there's the chemistry and attraction. Why do we always find ourselves being attracted to men we know we shouldn't pursue? We know better but yet we still fall for them. Here are a 5 types of men every woman should avoid dating:

1. The Bad Boy

I used to think I didn't had a type when it came to dating people, but guess what? I do, and it turns out that I love mean, bad boys. Girls who like bad boys like a guy who just doesn’t play by the rules. I mean he acts like a tough guy and looks damn good while doing it. Truth is, bad boys will just break your heart in little pieces.

2. The Mama's Boy

Okay I get it, family is important. I was raised very family oriented but If he must clear all plans with mother or constantly seeks her approval above all else; RED FLAG, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.

3. The Cheater

I know it's almost impossible to avoid the cheating type. But if you find yourself giving him second, third and even fourth chances; it's quite clear that you need to let him go. Ladies, cheaters don't change! "Once a cheater, always a cheater"

4. The Bossy Guy

Avoid this type of guy at any cost. He might become controlling, or abusive. Date someone who lets you express yourself for you and doesn't try to boss you around; someone who loves you no matter what. You don't need someone to tell you what to wear, how to wear your hair or what you should look like.

5. The Secretive One

I know some people are very private about their lives but be alert If you're dating someone who never wants to talk about his personal background or family. If even after a few months of dating, if he's still not letting you in; that's a red flag for me. I mean, what is he hiding? A person in a relationship should be honest, open and be willing to share things with you.

Types of Men Women Should Avoid...

Ladies, don't worry if you're still single, there are a lot of good guys out there! So don’t stop looking and definitely don’t settle for a man you know better to avoid.

What types of men have you been avoiding lately?

Clarisa_ is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Guys Said 24

• I was intrigued reading this take especially the bit where you said you had a type and you don't want it to be but it is bad boys. It is funny because over the years I would have logically said when asked I go for type (A) and have met girls that my friends have said is perfect for me because they are type (A). I usually end up going for type (B) who are quite opposite to my personality and my thing is always that they are quite often nearer type (A) than they are letting on meaning I think type (B) is a bit of a front.
    My point being is wondering whether I am glossing over a whole personality type just because I am not like that - A point you make in point 4 but unless both partners flourish in a dominant/submissive arrangement, a compliant partner can be just as destructive to a relationship as a bossy one.
    Point (1) I am not sure what the female version of the bad boy is but it probably spells trouble for a guy especially if he is out of his depth that said I am not a huge fan of the goody two shoes either.
    Point (2) It is a matter of taste there are guys who probably would like a female version of this male family centric guy but me personally would prefer a more independent girl.
    I am going around the houses a bit but I would 100% agree with (3) and (5). I feel there is wriggle room and two sides to characters (1), (2) and (4) possibly meaning that the most suitable types are somewhere in the middle.
    In conclusion the way I think about relationships basically is the equation comparing aggregate total to the sum of the parts. If the aggregate total of a relationship is equal to or better than the sum of the parts then go for it, if the aggregate total is less then it is a red flag. My thoughts go back to a previous question I answered about opposites or similars attracting and I know a lot of examples of both. I suppose in the end the heart probably rules the head we think we know what we want until we actually meet someone different and sometimes it turns out we want them. Nice meme at the end but I wonder is that the head trying to convince the heart. I honestly feel that every couple is different and what works for one won't necessarily work for everyone. Lots try to do it but I don't think love can be described in simple terms beyond it is just a feeling we have.

• but when the women is fucked up herself, it doesn't matter if she meets the wrong person cause she's the wrong gilr for him lol

i think majority of people need to work on themselves and this is the adivce not given enough in my opinion

• hey thats a pretty good meme at the end there.

do you believe it?

• Yet these are the types of men women go for (with the exception of the momma's boy).

• You forgot:

6. The loser. He is the guy with no education, no career prospects, no money, and no motivation.

7. The dreamer. He is the guy who keeps talking about his "dream", but in the meantime, he has no money, and his job might be busing tables.

• You probably have dated either one or all of these.

• I'd fit in the number 5 category. I'm a very secretive person but I don't have much to hide. I just need my privacy. I'm a very private person.

• Just because I've cheated once or twice doesn't mean I'm going to do it all the time so I demand that you stop categorizing men immediately or when I get out of jail I'm going to tell my mommy on you and we're going to get you back in a way so bad but I'm not going to reveal what it is.

• Well she did not say do not date bananas so Im fine :P

• i wish all single ladys would read this and understand. there would be a lot less questions about why i keep dating guys who use me, cheat on me, etc. etc. etc

• I like the list. Is there a version for guys to avoid this type of girls list?

• If you date a man in the Armed Forces , he will HAVE to be No 5 to a certain extent , you will be bound by your country's Official Secrets Act ( I'm ex British Army , we were regularly reminded to keep mouth shut !! )

• Damn... I'm 4/5 of these!

Do I win a cookie if I reach 5/5?

• Good take

• go for a pussys, can't go wrong with that

• I'm none of these...

• And this is why you should never have a relationship, guys.

• Actually many men also need help since women are so mysterious.

• I disagree with 3. Why you know some people can get to that point, and honestly feel so bad about it and see what it does to the other person, they stop doing it.

• its about nothing of what this text mentions. these guys get friendzoned

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 11

• I've liked every type of guy in that list XD

Never been into a relationship with them, but I've felt super attracted to some who fall in at least one of those categories.

• i int believe in types.. its just a cultural veneer to obscure who the person really is.

• I like bad boys when they are actually good men. Also, I am secretive, but that's because I think I have the right to keep parts of my life private and have my personal space

• Types of men to avoid:
    Men who have been married twice
    Men who have slept with a lot of women
    Player
    Men who have no ambition yet act like they are better than others
    Men who like to play games all day
    Verbally abusive men
    Men with children
    Men who does not tell you he has children
    Men who are ashamed of you

• Pretty good mytake

• Secretive guys are a pain in the ass, but definitely not the worse on the list.

• Great take!

• You can include Narcissists. This goes for both men and women. If the red flags are there... RUN! If a guy is putting you up on a pedestal early on... lays it on thick with the romance. RUN! If they idealize the relationship and expect it to be perfect, and only on their terms. RUN! They will prey on your weaknesses and create problems where there were none. I repeat... RUN!

• the mama boy!!!

• The Secretive Guy and Cheater is the one that I broke up with last. Lack of communication on his part was a big downfall for the relationship. Then of course the cheating.