10 Reasons To Date A Nice Guy

The typical stereotype: women only date bad guys.

Yes and no. I know a bunch of women who do go for the bad guys but not every woman is like that. I am dating a nice guy and here are my 10 reasons why.

1) He never hurts your feelings on purpose, and when he does by accident, he is truly sorry.

2) He carries your bag even if it's pink and full of diamonds.

3) He always holds your hand in public.

4) He tells you how beautiful you are every morning before you've had time to shower or do your make up.

5) When you cry, he hugs you and cries with you, because when something is hurting you, it's hurting him just as much.

6) When you can't sleep at night, he stays awake with you until you fall asleep.

7) When you're sick, he takes care of you and kisses you, not caring about getting himself sick.

8 ) He buys you flowers out of the blue, even when it's not your birthday.

9) You can call him in the middle of the night for the silliest reason and he will listen without getting frustrated or angry.

10) HE MAKES YOU COFFEE IN THE MORNING AND BRINGS IT TO BED!!!!!

This list is based on personal experience :) not every guy is the same but I'm just happy I have such a nice guy in my life. Everyone deserves it. So find someone you love as much as pancakes :D

10 reasons to date a nice guy

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 35

• Get a dog, bruh. If you can't do all these things mutually then its just a master-butler relationship. In other words you need a servant not a boyfriend.

• So true, excellent take :)

• "Nice Guys" in GAG are like Voldemort, you can't mention them xD

I don't know why anyone would wanna date someone that isn't nice, unless they're masochists.

• Yep. Anyone mentions 'nice guy', and everyone just assumes you're talking about some boring ugly man that can't date way above his league, so he cries himself to sleep every night and thinks the world owes him. People are very deluded about this.

• @the_rake That, or that he's not really a nice guy, and just another jerk trying to get some pussy xD

• yeah this is as well. I focus on the former generalisation though, because people have the other one covered ok.

• LOL... I laugh at all the women in the comments that say, "You're so lucky" or "I want a nice a guy like that".

I know so many good guys like this who have done this with women, but their actions were always unappreciated and they are still single.

Face it, ladies... a lot of you enjoy the drama that comes with dating a loser.

• If only a majority of women really wanted a nice guy instead of the bad boy. Most are still stuck on the bad boy still getting screwed over, heart broken and all the while nice guys sit out here watching it happen shaking our heads.

• I am a nice guy, and while there are many who would profess to be a nice guy, but are not really. I can tell you from first hand experience that doing the things you have listed above, will not only make you a nice guy, but you will also reap the benefits of those actions. Your woman will really cherish you and will return the favors, to be sure not at the very moment that you take your action, but it will come back to you time and time again. :-)

• I'm surprised by how some guys seem to find this description to be gay or wrong. Sounds like stuff I would not mind doing or might even enjoy.

• this is gold because your username is "thatniceguy" XDDD

• @WhatTheHellAmy When I chose this username I really did not know what I was getting into hahaha. This website has docens of threads, questions and MyTakes bashing "Nice guys" for being whiny. I'm just... nice!

• hahaha nice username lol (see what I did there?)

• In my town there is a little main drag in the city, that's paved in olden bricks. It has cafes, and boutiques, and bars and high-end resraurants. The theatre house is a beautiful eighteen-hundreds construction plated in gold patina a few miles away. Every so often they play Handel or Hölst, so I'll get in my best suit, and go down to see the show on a Thursday or Friday. After the show, I always find myself heading downtown after-hours to my favorite restaurant and then enjoying a cigar, and often a flask-enclosed Brandy. I'm no smoker, but I enjoy sitting in the moonlight watching people interact out in the streets with a stogie. Some couples dance, or drunkenly sing together. I've seen a few one-nighters and obviously some minor civil infractions. One Evening I had been out passed one, and a young man came out of the bar, and looked at me for a second. I put my feet up on the table, and waited to see what his game was.
    "What are you doing?" He asked.
    "I'm a sociopath, don't mind me, I'm just people watching," I replied.
    "Oh. Well I've been watching you, you've been here for three hours in that same spot, did you get stood up too?"
    "No, I come here from the auditorium every so often, after I see a show."
    "You came out here to smoke and sit alone for three hours?" He asked, rudely.
    "Yes, sometimes I like to see others interact."
    "Why don't you try interacting yourself?"
    It was obvious to me that he had been in the bar for a while, as his nice attire had begun to ruffle and contempt had boiled over with the distraught indecision that regret and longing bring about.

It dawned on me that no one had ever spoken to me in the passed whilst I was on my concert trip. Fact of the matter is, this kid was clearly lonely, and blamed himself, but maybe not rightly so. At least, unlike me, he had attempted to meet someone new, though she stood him up. We have a real crisis. People don't communicate anymore. Sex line operators become therapists for men who never had the opportunity to share their feelings. We live in a culture that condemns speaking to strangers, and maybe this is why we all feel so alone. The problem is not "nice guys" never get the girl. Perhaps the problem is, lonely people never meet.

• I do like bad girl most

• Wow. Without putting tickets on myself, you just described me. I hope you two are really happy together. You know it's hard to find a girl sometimes who likes all of this stuff done for her. I hope I find her someday. I'll treat her like a princess (without going over the top of course) I just wanna please a girl and make her happy

• Plus I can be a little bad sometimes... in a nice way lol

• thats a gay-servant not a boyfriend, bfs aren't supposed to be acting like that

• I just hope girls will soon know who's worth their time and who's not.

• I used to treat women in that way, until I learned that hard way that it was a one-way ticket to the Friend Zone.
    The vast majority of females in the 15 to 30 age range want players and sociopathic bad boys, who will treat them like shit and break their hearts. They find this sort of man 'exciting' and 'fun'.
    Decent men are 'boring' and 'no fun'.
    By about age 30 a lot of women begin to look for the sort of man described by @Anonymous, but by that time a significant number of the decent men have walked away from having anything to do with women.
    A man cannot spend years being rejected and seeing women in the arms of obvious dirtbags without forming an unflattering opinion of the female cognitive process.

• There's a lot of truth in what you say! When life experience and observation repeatedly shows that many women in the 15 to 30 age range choose uncaring and abusive men, it becomes difficult to take women seriously as genuine adults! This is not sexism! It's harsh reality that we are forced to accept whether we like it or not! Thankfully, there are a few wonderful exceptions like the myTake owner in rare existence!

• lol i am a really nice guy then... wow its like you just described me. damn.

• That's me but unlike this post where I chose to post anonymous in life I am always that way.💋❤💘

• Hugz remember Mr rite could be right next to you ! hugz🍀🐶🍀

• It sounds like me, good Mytake :)

• What the hell is this?

• I agree. I enjoy doing those things for my girl. If you love her, why wouldn't you enjoy doing them? It's a no brainer to me.

• He sounds like a great guy. I hope you do all of these things for him too...

• I do my best at least :)

• Good article, i can say i'am not nice, if some don't bleive it then oh well lol. The only "badass" thing i do is racing in the summer. I don't do everything you write but i do, do some and she loves it. As long as you can keep the girl happy and be loyal, that is all :) Loyalty in today's world is tough to find

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 14

• those pancakes tho

• i haven't ever met that kind of guy. maybe u can tell me how to do?

• I love nice guys

• 2 I'd rather carry my bag myself.
    5. I like the hugging part, but would be annoyed if he started crying too.
    10. I'll take tea or water instead.

otherwise I like your list. your guy sounds sweet! (:

• Depends on the definition of "Nice Guy." I've never gone for the bad boy type. I go for guys I get along with, and they've all been nice. However, some guys who claim to be nice guys really aren't. They just think they if they do things for women, they are entitled to them, and if the girl isn't interested back, she's a bitch. Some self-proclaimed nice guys actually aren't nice at all.

• Those are good reasons

• Aww my boyfriend is exactly like this. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am <3

• Sorry but this is complete BS. We might say we want all that but in reality he needs to be good looking among other things. Just doing all you listed is never enough. But most of us will never admit it. There are a lot of guys like you described... but we usually friendzone them.

• In reality that's how you feel :) and what I said above is how I feel.

• M_ashley and that's why you might be single I sure in the hell don't feel sorry for ya

• and that bitterness you have it'll be a long time before you get a boyfriend

• You are so lucky! I want a nice guy!:/

• i wish i could have a boyfriend like this

• You could even get one.. Hmm but they are rare ofcourse

• I got lucky! I'm never letting him go :D I hope you find your own amazing person soon.

• yes, thank you ^^

• Damm those pancakes looks so good..😐😂

• I want a nice guy!

• I never understood why women wouldn't want to date nice guys. Do you want to be treated like shit? I only date nice guys because I'm a nice girl. I don't treat people like shit

• I want them pancakes please :)