6 Free Date Ideas for Guys and Gals

The restaurant and movie theater are the two main places for dating. However, a fancy restaurant meal for one person may be priced above $10. A fast food restaurant meal for one person may be priced above $5. The movie theater ticket may be sold at $5 to $10 per adult ticket, plus food costs. Instead of spending so much money on a date, I believe that guys and gals should just spend less than $5 for the entire date.

Here are inexpensive but worthwhile date ideas.

1. The Library

At the library, you may take your boyfriend/girlfriend to your favorite area. Remember that the library is a quiet place, so use your indoor voice while reading together. The quietness should give you an incentive to snuggle up with your boyfriend/girlfriend and read the book together. The library is a great opportunity for you to test your boyfriend/girlfriend's reading speed. If his/her reading speed is not align with yours, then that implies that you should find a better reading buddy or romantic partner.

2. The Park

At the park, you may take your boyfriend/girlfriend to your favorite area since your youth - the playground. Remember that the playground is outside, so use your outdoor voice while playing together on the playground. It is not advisable to go to the playground while there are little kids on the equipment and watchful mothers nearby. You may make the mothers feel uncomfortable, especially if you are a guy. The same judgmental attitude towards men with young children applies to other areas too, like piano-teaching.

Most in-person piano teachers are female; most YouTube piano teachers are male. So, if you happen to be lucky enough to reach the park with an empty playground in broad daylight, then you can go ahead and play on the playground with your boyfriend/girlfriend. The playground is a great opportunity for you to test your boyfriend/girlfriend's physical ability. If your boyfriend/girlfriend can't run as fast as you can or swing on the monkey bars as quickly as you can (or move at all), then that suggests that the person is not as muscular/strong/fast as you.

3. The Mall

At the mall, you may feel the impulse to buy something. But if you purposefully leave money at home and only bring your car keys, mobile phone, and some home-made lunch, then the only things you pay for the entire date are the gas to feed your car and the home-made lunch to feed you and your boyfriend/girlfriend. The home-made lunch may be as simple as 6 hard-boiled eggs or 2 raw cucumbers (sliced). The home-made lunch is a great opportunity to test your boyfriend/girlfriend's taste preferences. If your boyfriend/girlfriend is a vegan and you are an omnivore, then that difference may put a strain on the relationship later on as you two become more intimate and start sharing the same house and food supply. If your boyfriend/girlfriend dislikes cucumbers or any kind of raw vegetable, then that difference may also put a strain on the relationship later on.

4. The Supermarket

Instead of going grocery shopping by yourself for yourself, you may take your boyfriend/girlfriend to the supermarket and offer to pay for your boyfriend/girlfriend's groceries. This date will test your boyfriend/girlfriend's level of frugality and shopping habits. If you are an extremely frugal person, then having a spendthrift boyfriend/girlfriend is highly incompatible.

5. Workplace Lounge Room or Cafeteria

I think this is the best place for a date, if your date is your co-worker. It provides a clean, formal setting for you and that special someone to get to know for the first time. Once you become more familiar, you may try the four above suggestions.

6. Home

The ultimate place to take your date is your home. At home, you may examine how your date behaves domestically. Small details like expecting slippers for guests at the door and dexterity at using chopsticks may tell you how compatible he/she is to your lifestyle.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 9

I like The Library idea

"If your boyfriend/girlfriend can't run as fast as you can or swing on the monkey bars as quickly as you can (or move at all), then that suggests that the person is not as muscular/strong/fast as you."

I never would have known this had you not mentioned it.

The title of the video made me laugh (because I'm Asian). I'm gonna have to watch that later.

Excellent ideas, great Take :D

1. you should dump your partner if u are better at reading? Lol
    2. outdoor voice? Lol I could understand why u mentioned the library voice but outdoor voice is funny. What if your partner uses his library voice outside? Should u dump him then?

"If your boyfriend/girlfriend can't run as fast as you can or swing on the monkey bars as quickly as you can (or move at all), then that suggests that the person is not as muscular/strong/fast as you." really? Maybe he is also not motivated enough to play your fitness check games

3. What if your partner asks you why the hell u go to the mall without the intention of buying something. He/she might think that u are one of those people who aren't determind and stingy. As a result they might dump you

4.

I like some of your ideas but I don't like how u present them. It's funny in a way. In addition it seems like u like to plan your life completely but stuff like going to a playground in a park or supermarket and all those stuff happens spontaneously most of the time and that's a good thing. And u also have to test how compatible someone is. Most of the time u already do those tests and decisions without knowing it. That's more natural

Yes. Your last paragraph basically sums up the point. You don't really have to plan things out on a piece of paper. Rather, you can go spontaneous outings, which inform you about the person's character, taste, and preferences.

"go ahead and play on the playground with your boyfriend/girlfriend."

I love this idea.

Great mytake, i enjoyed it.

It is normal for dinner at a restaurant to cost $10.00 and up. If $10.00 is too much for you then most likely you are a cheapskate. Here are my views on your dating ideas.
    1. Library - First of all who reads a book 1yyyyrrrrrryy4. Anyone I know who reads a book prefers to read it alone even if the other person is reading book same book. What I mean is they each have there own book. On top of that I have never

Not sure what happen but here are my views on your dating ideas.
      1. Library - First of all who reads a book together. Anyone I know who reads a book prefers to read it alone even if the other person is reading book same book. What I mean is they each have there own book. On top of that I have never heard of anyone going their for a date.
      2. Park - Playing the the play structure shows immaturity. You can have a picnic.
      3. Mall - No one makes a lunch to take let aline just eggs or just cucumbers. A lot of people go to the mall for something to do but not a date.
      4. Supermarket - People go there regularly. A lot if people live with their boyfriend or girlfriend so for the most part the groceries are what both will eat. The groceries are not bought seperately for each person in this case. Home cooked meals are a regular for a lot of people.
      5. Workplace Lounge or Cafeteria - Going on a date where you work is ano go unless you work at an amusement park for example.

I wouldn't start with the intention to go to one of those specific places, but I like the park idea, if we're walking by it for instance.

@mikemx55 other than the park (because of picnic and depends on the park) none are good for a date

Great ideas and you can mix up the supermarket with a home cooked meal

Isn't that the norm anyways. I go to the supermarket and make home cooked meals on a regular basis.

are these suggestions for high school/college kids I'm guessing? Cause there's no way thats gonna fly when you get older lol

What Girls Said 4

Take me to the library at any time of the day!
    Great myTake! :D

• 6d

good take,

I didn't think of the library or supermarket idea, interesting. :) Cool Mytake. :)

How are those places interesting?

@MissFabulous Never heard of or read of anyone going on a date to any of theses besides a park (depending on the park) andmaybe home for a romantic night in

The library idea is terrible.