Ageism: When Women Love Younger Men

This is not something new - many older men date younger women and in modern western society, it's acceptable if not commendable. Men who are ageing are called 'distinguished' and the much younger women they are with are assumed to be 'Gold-diggers'. It's a cliche but it has some validity. As a norm, we appreciate how alpha males dominate in their roles, how they attain different types of weath and boast about it, and their portfolios definitely include a beautiful younger woman at their side.

I rarely have seem a younger woman go for and be with a much older man who is poor or does not have much to offer materially. I suppose an older man to them is synonomous with affluence and could seem like a promise of stability, status or security. So a trade off is made somewhere there between the sexes. Youth and sex traded for wealth and power.

***

I wouldn't call it a 'new' trend, but I think simply more women are feeling empowered to live a more authentic life and are not falling prey to rigid societal expectations, that instead they are dating younger men and are openly enjoying it. I'm not talking about the cougars looking for cubs niche, but rather the growing segement of the female population who are dating much younger men (10+ years younger) and they are loving it!

Personally, I believe that 'Love' should be blind to age, colour, creed and religion. You love the essence of a human being, not simply their external attributes or assets. You connect to their soul not to their bank accounts.

Possibly, more women are now financially independent, less straddled down with child care issues with more involvement from exes/fathers. Also, now more than ever women are investing more time in themselves and their health and beauty regimes and can thus look and feel more attractive, making them appealing to much younger men. Being freed from financial constraints and not needing any man to provide, opens up to a whole new rank of men who are still getting on their feet and look to an older woman not only for great sex, love and affection, but also guidance and inspiration.

I absolutely love seeing more 'distinguished' women not only hooking up with, but settling down with younger men. It makes the dating world much more interesting and exciting. And it must be envigorating for those willing to give younger men a chance. Trust me, from past personal experience they are great!

Any Age-Gap lovers out there? Here are a few...

Julianne Moore and Bart Freundlich
Age gap: 9 years

Ageism: When Women Love Younger Men

Robin Wright and Ben Foster
Age gap: 14 years

Geena Davis and Reza Jarrahy

Hugh Jackman and Debora Lee-Furness
Age gap: 13 years

Tina Turner and Erwin Bach
Age gap: 16 years

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 23

• I am attracted to older women, I find something sexy about them, but I don't see myself marrying an older woman. I don't discard the idea though.

• It amazes me when people take note of things that have always been there declaring them a sign of the times.

• I don't mind older women myself. Unfortunately, I find many of them find us younger men a turn off, apparently we make them feel like they are our "mommy's" I guess they want to go out and find an older guy so they can feel like they are his daughter...

• fuck society... people should be free to do/act as they please, it's not hurting anybody haha..

• that picture looks wrong the man is like 45 n the girl is like 12? wtf

• I've dated two older women - never again.

• Age is a number

• I love Milfs

• Mena Suvari: 31, Simone Sestito: 25, Gap: 6Yrs
    see picture: www.egotastic.com/.../...i-bikini-2-04-400x470.jpg

• All I know is those dudes are cheating!

• Older women dry out, it doesn't work that way with older men, thats the difference as an older man is still viable as a mate biologically speaking, the other way around doesn't work.

• I suppose it comes down to where you are in your time-line. I was quite amused by the comment from serp777, "happy to date a woman in mid 30's" but 40 is more questionable, but at 22 years old, the perspective is different? At age 22 and single I had a great deal of fun with 43 year old, and that did not come down to the bank account. I am now 58, there is not a lot of scope to date older woman? My partner is 31. She is not a "Gold Digger", she is an educated professional woman and financially independent. We have talked about this and she sees in me total security, she knows my head will not be turned, she knows I will defend her, she knows she is safe and she will come to no harm as long as I am still breathing. Further, we do not give a toss as to how society views that. Perfect I would suggest?

• Great to hear that StevePinoy. It all comes down to the two people making that decision. It is theirs to make, and we as a civilized society ought to respect that!

• Huh. Pretty interesting! Nice take

• Well Claire Underwood from House of cards, I don't know her actual name, is just a milf, straight up. There's no denying that she's attractive and you'd better believe that she is an expert in the sack. I'd be more than happy to date on older woman in her mid 30s or something. Anything higher than 40s starts to become more and more questionable.

• Im 20 and my GF is 25. I dont love her because she's older, and she doesn't love me because im younger, we just, love eachother, period.

... BUT, age is just a number is stupid and unacceptable in my opinion in some cases. If we were both 5 years longer, it would be unnaceptable.

1 of my friend is 22, and was in a relationship with a 14 yo girl.

Thats, just plain wrong. The older you get, the less important becomes age gap, but still, age is just a number is not 100% at all all times

• id love to date an older woman, but i dont know what they look for in young guys like myself

• Tbh biologicallay it makes no sense marrying an older woman. The positive is that she's more mature and more well of financially, but since I don't take money from my women the finance bit don't matter.

• I dont have anything wrong with it. But I never understood age gaps at all. Maybe its because im only 20 but I would feel weird dating a girl who was 18 or a girl that was 22 mainly because I think it would be likely that we would have nothing in common

• I honestly prefer older women because of their level of maturity as well as their personalities. They're not like these girls we have in today's society that are: too immature, loud, obnoxious, rude, gold diggers, plastics (barbie dolls), egocentric, rude, and the list goes on and on. I personally am tired of running into these young or same age type of women for this very same reason and is thus why i prefer older women.

My point is that even though it doesn't look like it many of us 21-28 year olds actually prefer older women, just like finch said in American Pie women are like a fine glass of wine the older they get the more refined and perfect they'll be.

• BRING ON THE COUGARS! RAWRRRR
    lol! i would be willing to date a woman who is 15 years older than me

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 18

• All of these guys look like they got really lucky - since their wives are a lot hotter than them... except for Hugh... O. o
    (I'm not positive it's true... but a lot of people say he's gay...)

• There's nothing wrong with it. Love is being accepted in more ways than ever. Multi-racial, bisexual, gay love as well as love amongst the disabled, polygamy and open relationships are now the norm so seeing women with younger men shouldn't be as much of a shock. You can't help who you fall for.

The two guys I dated who were younger than me, cheated and despite one of them giving the impression he was more mature for his age, it was soon shown he wasn't mature and he had no idea how to keep the relationship going. He eventually said he felt too young for commitment and wasn't ready to settle down. Funny thing is, I spoke to a guy today who's nearly 20 (like me) and he said he's done with flings and wants to settle down now, whilst my ex is 18 and wanting to sleep around.

It is true, women tend to be more mature than men, at least a few years older mentally so it's usually best to date a guy a couple of years older and that's what I intend to do.

These kinds of relationships seem to work out well though because the men are in their 30's, 40's so their mad, fling days are long behind them, they've settled down in the world and know what they want from life and in a woman. Dating a guy younger than you when he's aged 16 to about 21 seems to be a very bad idea. Unfortunately, I've learnt the hard way.

• I always joke with my best friend that when I am turning 25, I will find a hit 18 years old boy haha :)

• I could see why the men go for the older one. They lacked a mother in their childhood.

• I prefer younger guys. Guys my age are usually jaded and grouchy, and unpleasant to be with.

• I already stick out like a sore thumb. I have no need to stick out even more.

• Hugh Jackman *le sigh*

• I actually find it creepy.. Even though i know that love is blind and all and if people can stay happy in these type of relationship then i am happy for them too.. I am not against it and all that but i cannot find myself to do something like this..:]

• Although I don't see age gaps and older women dating young men as good things, I have to say that this take is interesting and good.

• I think it's awesome and I'm totally attracted to younger guys... My mom is ten years older than my dad so its always made sense to me. And I think it's great bc she's so much calmer and more rational and he's all energetic and creative do she keeps him in check but you can see his passion is so inspiring to her:)

#front to back : To answer one of the posters question about WHY a woman would be interested in a younger ban when he's not likely to have a lot if money or a good job it he'll still be in school... It's bc I do NOT date for money and job status plus university is an awesome and enlightening place. No shame in that:)

I like the energy of youth im always 100 x more energetic than people around me. Younger non asshokes are open minded and passionate and still give a shot about life. older people just start getting so stuffy as if they just have to be anal to be an adult. It's annoying. I love guys who are not stuck up in having to feel like they are bigger talker older richer smarter Etc. A guy with an older woman is just really refreshing. He really likes her -and a boyish charm is so friggin cute! :)

And #Apexalpha many women don't take finance from their bfs. There's no more " sense" in being with an older guy than an older woman. It's whoever you like. That's the " logic@.

• I've always looked for older men, but now as I get older the attraction is reversing and I find many younger men attractive.

• Age gaps haven never mattered to me, especially since I usually connect more with older guys than guys my age. Even when U was 16-17 I was typically dating guys in their early 20's. It's just a matter of choice. Also I've never used an older man for money nor do I plan to, I can happily make my own.

• I use to love older men until I had to witness my aunt take care her husband who is 25 years than her. She was miserable only time she got a break was when my me and mom would relieve her. She is always asking my mom why she didn't listen when everyone told her that was a to big of age gap. I feel so bad for her now. She is 53 and have to be at home all day taking care of him.

• shit cause younger man so hot

• If I was ever on the market again I would definitely be interested in a younger man. Not for fun but an actual committed relationship. I feel it would match my interests and energy levels much more.

• I am engaged to be married to the love of my life who is 10 years my junior. I was 28 and he was 18 when we got together. He's the most loving and caring man I've ever been with.

I work with a woman who has been married to a man 20 years who is 10 years younger than her. So, for me it isn't unusual.

My fiance's father is married to a woman who is a year younger than me. I find it comical. For me, I don't see many people say much about our age difference. I also don't look my age and neither does he.

• Bravo! Well done.

• To me seein c a older woman with a younger guy is a BG TURN ON I don't know why though , some cougars are SEXY!!!