How To Tell A Girl You Like Her With Confidence

So recently I have been noticing a lot of takes on "How To Make A Girl Like You" and "How to make the girl you like approach you", the thing is, these takes aren't going to get you anywhere. I'm a girl, and have had to approach guys I have liked since I didn't want to play the waiting game with them anymore. I have also been approached a lot, and can tell you from a picky girls stand point, what is good and what isn't. I know from experience it is very hard to ask someone out, or even to admit to your feelings. So I hope you enjoy my take on this.

Show Her You're Interested, Without Saying It

I know a lot of times its hard to show someone that you like them, but this is a great thing to do before the big leap. By this I mean give her more attention than the rest of the people you talk to. Listen to her when she's talking to you, and give a decent response back to her to show that you are paying attention. Look her in the eyes when you two speak, smile at her when you don't know what to say, look at her from across the room. With girls, we all notice the little things that people do and read body language pretty easily. It's the things we go to our friends and say "omg does he like me? he did ____". Us girls analyze every action a guy makes and try to find the hidden messages within it. So remember your body language and how you converse with us makes a big impact.

Read her In-Person Body Language

Don't worry about how she is with you over the phone or social media. People can be much different depending what medium you are conversing through. Read her body language towards you in person, it gives you the best results. Does she smile at you when you talk? Shuffle her feet or seem nervous? Look away when you speak or get a bit mummbly? Or maybe do some quirky things when you are talking (aka. touch her hair a lot, or play with things that are near her). These are all different signs of how she is around you. Now compare these to how she acts around her friends or others she talks to. If they are different, she might potentially have feelings for you.

Be Yourself

When you tell someone you like them, don't over analyze how you are going to approach them. Thinking too much over it just leads you to be stressed and nervous. Remember to be true to yourself, and to stick to it. What other people might tell you to do, might not be what you really are into. If you have a great idea, or think of something quirky to say when you say how you feel, DO IT!

Rely On Your Gut Feelings

If you gut feeling is to do something, chances are its the best option to go with. If your gut is telling you its not the best time to pull a move, chances are it's right. Always trust your gut and never rush into a situation like this just to get it done and over with. You may regret it later and wish you would have waited a bit longer.

Get Her Alone To Tell Her How You Feel

The best results are always in person. It's difficult for a reason. Hiding behind a screen to say your feelings is much easier than to actually have to say them to the person you like. Keep it old fashioned, us girls love it. Even if you are nervous or feel a bit awkward, the fact that you did it in person gives you many brownie points. Most people don't do this, and it shows you actually care about the other person a lot to make a move in person. Texting your feelings is comparing it to a high school relationship, doing it in person is a more grown-up approach. It also shows you are confident, and confidence is a big thing a lot of girls appreciate. Keep where you go as simple as possible. Ask her out to dinner, or ask if she'd like to hit up a new restaurant in the area. Keep it casual and laid back.

Be Confident

Be as confident about the situation as you can. You got this, and you know it. Wear your favorite shirt, play your favorite songs before you meet up with her. Keep that lucky rabbits foot on your keys if you have to. Just know that you have to tell her how you feel at one point in your meet up, and just get to know her during the rest of the time and enjoy yourself. You got her all to yourself, and enjoy the time you are having together. I suggest telling her before she leaves how you feel, because it is a better way to end the time.

Telling Her

When you tell her how you feel, keep it simple, and stay true to how you feel. It doesn't need to be a romantic love scene from a movie, but it just needs to be as simple as:

"I really like you and would like to get to know you better, would you like to go out again this weekend?"

Don't think too hard about what you are going to say, but just have it loosely planned out. Nothing ever goes as you think it will through your head. As long as you have a good idea as to what you are going to say, and are confident about it, you should be good.

When you tell her, just make sure to be true to your feelings. Say it when you think its the right time (you will know for sure, I promise) and see how she reacts. Remember, you can't make her feel the way you want her to, and that all you can do is tell her how you feel and hope its reciprocated.

If things don't go as planned, don't worry. Life's too short to beat yourself up over it. You just have to remember that you tried, and that you were confident about it. Learning from these experiences really help you down the road, and help you know what to do next time. Don't dwell on the situation either, it isn't worth it.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 32

• cool d00d.

• Hey owner of this post, can you read my question on how to ask this girl out?
    - Can't post the link, but can you go to my profile and search for it?
    I need some good advice and seriously, I'm starting to get desperate because summer vacation is almost here and I want to tell my crush.
    Good post though, gave me a little bit of insight. Thanks!

• i posted a comment. hope it helps.

• I'm the only one crying while reading this right?

• aw why

• They would, just have to find the right person.

• Some of us aren't meant to be with another person. I was just wondering if anyone else was the same way here.

• I think i am going to need a detailed article on every single item in this mytake hahaha...

Basically, i always screw up when trying to show her i am intrested (saying or not)
    I can't tell when they like me or not
    And because of all that, "gut feeling" always gets me in terrible situations.

I hope you understand it. Not that your article is useless though.

• I'll be honest some of this stuff you mentioned is just a learning thing. If you observe how someone treats you, and look how they treat others, its a big indicator. As for showing you are interested, sometimes you just have to say that you are, and be super direct. Each person has a different thing that works for them.

• Why would you want to flirt without any intentions? That doesn't make any sense.

• Some people just like doing it for fun, but yes you're right, it doesn't make sense. They just find it fun is all.

• If I look at a girl from across the room I just feel like she's going to see me as a creep.

• probably not, but I'd say talk to her first

• It's a good take, but anytime I hear someone tell me to "be confident," they never DEFINE the word. What does that mean, in your own words?

• Hello,

In my take, my definition of confidence is being comfortable with the situation, knowing that the outcome has a great chance of going out great, and that you are going to have a nice time.

Hope that helps a bit

• @kisum define confidence without using the word itself.

• Alright I'll give it a shot!

It is when you know who you are and what you believe in (what you stand for), And don't allow others to sway you or behave in a way that goes against your nature. You do not pretend or say things you do not mean just to please others or gain their respect, love or appreciation.

When someone ignores you or rejects for any reason, you do not allow it to break your spirit or shy away, but instead you are aware of your value so you go after what you want

• three possible outcomes:
    1) you are considered a creep/pervert
    2) you are considered a thirsty loser beta
    3) all of the above AND you get arrested for sexual assault.

• Lmao no. Fuck no

• i live in america

• then you are enclosed in your unicorn pink bubble and have no idea of what is happening around you. saying that the sexual assault accusations are thriving is an understatement.

• I really like this MyTake thanks for sharing

• Glad you like it!

• Great take, except you wrote two conflicting statements:
    * Get Her Alone To Tell Her How You Feel
    * Show Her You're Interested, Without Saying It

I think the mystery and fun of dating is 1) being asked out, 2) doing things and having fun that are totally beyond the level of friends, but not saying it out. So keep your feelings a secret, even if she's interested!

And as a girl once told me, "You telling me that you like me is useless... It takes two hands to clap. I have to like you first, I don't actually care if you like me or not". So keep your feelings a secret, especially if it's unclear if she's interested!

• You can't go by just one girl's opinion. Some girls like to get to know a guy first. Some date whoever asks them. Some think they are above most guys and will only date hot rich guys. And so on. As far as this myTake, she is saying to show the girl your interest FIRST. Meaning, way before you tell her that you like her, you do it with actions. Make eye contact her; talk to her; etc. Ask her out AFTER you are on her radar. Not before or she will be hesitant or resistant because he will come off as pushy or creepy in most cases. It is AFTER you go on at least the first date where you tell her that you like her, if that is how you feel. It's all about timing.

• Ah okay. I didn't catch that in the Take.

Though I sometimes wonder, is there even a need to tell a girl you like her? I mean... going on dates obviously meant something, doesn't it? :p Only when you're formalising it like asking her to be your girlfriend, then yes telling her your feelings would be good, i think?

• Nice sharing.

• I don't wanna be critical, cause most of this Take is well written advice. But I think a couple things must be said here, otherwise some guys who take things literally are in for a world of hurt.

I'm no expert but all the books I've read say that just being yourself and telling her how you feel are usually the WRONG things to do. Nice guys would naturally tend to do this, not put on any kind of act, just come right out and spill all their feelings, with no editing or self-restraint. I've seen friends do this and it's pathetic and painful to watch. It ruins the mystery and drives the girl in the other direction. Sometimes feelings and our gut lead us to do really, really stupid things!

Better to play your cards close to the chest, imply interest, be difficult to read, even go hot and cold on her, to maintain the mystery and keep her guessing. Basically what girls themselves are already doing. I agree these things are silly and stupid, and in a perfect world we could all be straightforward. But the reality is girls seem to prefer an emotional rollercoaster ride of guessing and wondering rather than being assured that the guy is already 100% into her. In the early stages, many things are better left unsaid.

• I agree! Play it straightforward, just ask her out! But as to how you feel about her, how much you want her or like her, that should be a secret! After all, when you tell someone "I like you a lot" what are they supposed to do, like you back? lol. It doesn't matter how you feel about a person, it only matters what they feel about you.

• I agre to a point. If a guy goes cold on me, I walk away. I'm too straightforward of a person to deal with games. I'm not a child anymore and I want straight up. I respect a guy more that way. THAT is the type of guy I want. With that said, I also don't want a pushy or overly clingy type of guy. I want there to be a mutual respect in the relationship. If he doesn't respect my feelings, then I don't want to be with him. I am very good to whoever I am with. I want in return what I give. Unfortunately, I encounter liars, cheaters, abusers, etc because that's what exists where I live. I have been raising my kids differently, so they have a fighting chance. My oldest daughter has said that she will not marry a man from here, because she sees what they are like. No, we do not think we are above anyone. We do have standards, though. These standards will ensure that we lead decent lives and raise decent children. I know that was a bit off topic. Sorry. Lol.

• Solid take. Glad you threw in the in-person stuff too, I feel like this younger generation communicates comety through text and Facebook, haha.

• Some are good, some are bad advices. You should have said 'fake confidence' instead of 'be confident'.

• I can't be myself because I'm autistic! If a girl was to see what I do when I'm alone, she'll think I'm some sort of weirdo or uncontrollable person! I need to be my professional self when I'm with her.

• Well just do what you think is best :)
      By being yourself I mean just be how you let everyone see you, don't over think on your actions

• Thank you.

• I always just take the super blunt/sometimes overly confident approach which works a great deal of the time.

• Hey do whatever works best for you!

• This is actually really good!!

Love that last picture =)

It's hard tho cos of fear of rejection!!

Could you check out mine pls?

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1459048-who-is-the-hottest-of-these-who-would-you-rather-why

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1461471-who-would-you-rather-of-these-women-rate-each-why

• i'll keep that in mind...

• Good take, but I would add one thing. Guys should go chasing after women who don't initially show interest. Yes, perhaps she would develop interest after the guy revealed his, but do you really want someone who had no interest in you when they first met you? I wouldn't, because that would make me feel like some sort of beggar for whom she was doing a favor.

• My take isn't written for people who are going after someone they barely know, it's more written for those who have had feelings for a girl for awhile and talk to her in person. Its more based for people who are work friends or those who are friends, and the guy likes his friend. Hope that clarifies it a bit.

• My point still stands. A guy can know a girl and have a certain amount of rapport with her, but if she didn't show initial interest in the guy, I think it's a lost cause. I'm just not a big believer in the "learn to love someone" theory. If there's no initial attraction, then why force it?

• Oh I totally understand. I'm that way too. You either have feelings or you don't, but in this I also said all you can do is say how you feel and can't make someone like you. Good point though

• Loved your take. These are those things that are mentioned almost everywhere. But you kept it short and up to the point. Very refreshing. Could you next time write a take on how to make girls understand that you're not just being friendly but more than that? Sometimes we go out of our way to do something but she misunderstands it as an act of politeness and friendliness. How to convey that you're going out of the way coz you want to date her?

• Well with things like that you just have to be more direct towards the girl. It's all about how you talk with her too. If you treat her more like a crush than a friend and make sure you show a romantic interest in her and she can tell, there shouldn't be that confusion.

• Awesome take! Thank you!!

• your welcome x

• More from Guys
    12

What Girls Said 9

• Agree 100% on all the points.

After a while the only thing a dude can do is ask her out > most important move he can make.

• Exactly! The thing is, if you're afraid to tell the girl how you feel, how are you going to be able to date her? And even if he fucks up a little when he says it, at least he had the balls to do it!

• Couldn't agree with you more! =)

I go by the same creed > askin' them out. xD

• Whatever happened to
    Aye baby let me get yo number.

• That's just dumb

• I was being sarcastic... But apparently you didn't get it. 😒

• Yes :) I totally agree

• A guy who cannot understand cues or body language is not worth waiting. Not to mention I don't like someone who scratches, pics his nose or does strange gestures, double speak

• I see your point, but this article isn't based on someone's strange gestures.

• Also you need to make sure you're not ugly or going for a girl that is clearly out of your league, it's the bitter hurtful truth guys and the same applies to girls.

• This doesn't always matter, depends though.

• I disagree with this. You'd be surprised how many mismatched couples end up together and work.

• Will that apply the other way around? The girl telling the guy she likes him?

• Yea definitely. Just the signs you use in body language would be a bit different and whatnot

• Perfect. Everything step is right and it's exactly how I would be attracted.

• I don't think this should just be for guys. It is fitting for any person. Or rather any person who would react badly to this isn't fit for any person.

• I might just make a separate one. It could work both ways but I thought itd be easier to make 2 separate one's since guys and girls aren't always alike.

• No one is always alike girls and guys girls and girls guys and guys...

This take is pretty much common sense I can't see anything here that women should not do.

• Be straight up!!! :P

• exactly, but you also need to put yourself into the situation. Can't just randomly go at it.