If my bf likes thin/fit girls then why is he with me?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year and I know he loves me so much but I'm also aware of the fact that he likes thin/fit girls. Like when we first started dating he had tumblr and would reblog pictures of only really fit looking women. Several months ago I badgered him about it and he said "Well I do like fit girls"

I am about 40 lbs overweight. So why would he date me if I'm not the kind of girl he's most attracted to?

by the way I have been trying to lose weight forever but I have PCOS so it's extremely difficult for me

Most Helpful Guy

• NoblesseOblige is completely wrong, just because I guy prefers a certain look or body type, the thing that really counts is someone's personality and quirks. You say you've been together for a year? Why on earth would you think he doesn't like you?

• I think he loves me but wishes I had a different body, and I feel like second best to any pretty fit girl that passes by

• I guy doesn't settle with someone that he doesn't like. Does he treat you like a girlfriend? Do you have fun and laugh together? If yes, then there is no doubt that he likes you, and he isn't just going to drop you like that.

• He does...I guess I need to get over my insecurities.

What Guys Said 7

• Work harder!! You think its easy to build muscles? Guys work hard so you can to.

Be glad your bf is not dumping you for someone else cuz deep down he loves you for who you are.
    This is what I suggest, both of you work out together even if without a gym. After a month you 2 will look sexy together

• Why not just ask him

• he already thinks im really insecure so i dont want to bring it up

• Lose some weight and stop moping over your bf. Or use some fucking communication with him. Open your mouth to talk not just for food

• you are probably even fatter and lonely...ive seen your posts around and you are literally the dumbest person i've seen here so please go away. you and your 0% MH...

• hey i like fit in shape women but my girlfriend is'nt in shape either and i have eyes for only her, he might like them but he also likes you guys can have more than one type remember that okay :)

• this is really nice. thank you.

• Hard to say, but there is also a possibility that he doesn't care for your look that much, because he started to like your personality.I'm just guessing, but best of luck.

• Probably because you're what he can get.

• Why can't he love you for you? Body image does not matter nearly as much as you think. He loves YOU for YOU, not your body. In fact he might also actually like your body as an exception.

• Your personality made him fall in love with you?

What Girls Said 3

• Sounds like you have more of a problem with your weight then he does. He is with you because he chooses to, don't question it and be accepting of who you are. Losing weight isn't easy (I know)
    However you need to tell yourself your worth it and every time you are about eat something ask yourself is this worth it. Anyways good luck.

• I'm sure this is an old post but here I go...

I might sound extremely negative... but you should dump him if he has a preference... im sure it bothers you all the time and it always will...

And if you talked to him about and still feel not happy then just leave... i see no point in staying...

• My man , loves fit thin girls , and im not, and he is still with me ,
    My man loves girls with curly , blond hair and i dont have that and he is still with me,
    My man loves short women , and im not , but he is still with me ,
    T
    Why?
    Cuz he loves me for me, that doesn't mean that he hares what i have , no ,, he loves what i have , and he doesn't want me to change , and we are together for 5 years ,,

So i really believe , he loves you for you,,,