Why do women so often ignore attractive guys?

I see it all time they just a good guy :) that looks good and acts good.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think I am too ugly for any attractive guy, so I don't even bother. Last summer a friend of mine introduced to be to a guy I wasn't initially attracted to. However, I don't want to turn down a guy I am not attracted to just because of what I've been through, so I always give them a chance.

The majority of the time I end up liking their personality and the attraction grows. This is what happened last summer. Although she didn't introduce as a set up (although that's what she had in mind, she just want to keep the pressure off), just as friends. However, I got to know him really well and I fell for him. He is the type of man that most women over look. I guess he had never been in a relationship because he'd been rejected so much. I liked this because I have never been in one either. So I thought we'd be perfect for each other personality wise and experience wise.

Unfortunately when I confessed my feelings to him, he told me I was way too ugly. He could never date someone who looks as bad as me, and he'd rather stay single forever. And this wasn't a first. Generally all the men I've gone for have rejected me.

So if I don't have a chance with average men or ones that get overlooked a lot then I have no chance in hell of getting one I am attracted to. There is one I work with who is not only hot, but we connect extremely well and have everything in common but I am too ugly. So even though I accidentally started to really like him, I tell myself constantly to move on. I am too ugly and he can do a lot better.

• Actually, you are using faulty logic. I hope I can help. First, you have made the assumption that attraction to you is dependent on the attractiveness of the guy. They are independent. The reason is that beauty is extremely subjective. It cannot be gauged on a scale of horror show to supermodel. I have never found any of the Victoria's Secret models to be remotely attractive. Stars on television don't do it for me either. My guy friends laugh at me when I say I think a girl is hot (you need new glasses, man!) I think i'm about average looking, nothing special, but no one can say that you are "way too ugly" as a some type of final judgement. They just don't have that authority. So I'm an average guy, that is attracted to what my friends/society think are below average women. Is it too much to think that an attractive guy would like a below average girl. You decide. Oh, and don't ever, ever let anyone talk to you the way that guy did ever again. That's not a guy, its an a$$hole.

• have tread retired police man? his guy on funny YouTube channel you can date him :) he just need someone nice and those care aboutlooks

• Thanks for MH and it depends if the guy even lives near me, lol.

What Guys Said 4

• 1. intimidated
    2. not single
    3. lesbian

• False premise.

• they want you

• uhh they dont

What Girls Said 7

• A lot tend to take advantage that they are attractive and get with lots of girls at once. Lots of girls don't like that and intimidation factor too...

• Maybe she is intimidated or just shy in general.

• i used to prefer admiring from far but now i probably wouldn't even pay attention because whats the point, he will probably start realising that he does look damn good and start acting like an ass at some point.

• when a guy looks supermodel material or he looks like Kellen Lutz, I feel Really intimidated by him. I feel like he wouldn't be into someone like me so I don't bother showing the fact that I may be attracted to him

• Me its because I'm afraid its all a part of some joke or something low self esteem sucks bro

• we dont ignore , some women would want to hang around with them
    i prefer to admire from far :P

• Most attractive guys have sucky personalities. stereotyping
    Or Intimidated shy whatever
    or maybe they don't find what you find attractive to be attractive.