Girls do you even want relationships anymore?

I swear it seems like girls nowadays aren't interested in guys for relationships. They don't give eye contact, they don't smile at guys and they definitely don't talk to guys. It's like they are too focused on work/school, their friends or their phone. And I'm not going to try to talk to girls like that because I'd just get rejected. I don't even think they want sex to be honest!

I realize it could just be me, but I've heard a lot of complaints about American girls nowadays, and if I was wrong, I'd have luck with women at least once in a while. Sometimes I wish I grew up in the 50's!
So... is this true or am I full of it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am 37 and I can say how incredibly different society is today from when I was in my twenties. Social media and texting has promoted emotional coldness, rudeness and intimacy issues. Young people don't know how to converse or connect with people anymore and they seem to have no manners! It's awful. I hear constant complaints about women from my guy friends and guys I've dated, that they are materialistic, needy or just plain crazy bitches! As a woman, we are afraid of mens push and pull emotions, their sudden need to pull away and explore the "greener grass", just as things are getting serious. You could be the most wonderful girl but inevitably, a mans biological urges kick in at some point. You have to be a strong, confident, secure person to be in a relationship. I definitely find that more men want relationships as they get older and women seem to want to break out and go wild (we reach our sexual peak at 40), so the roles seem to switch. There are awesome guys and girls out there, but you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a Prince (or Princess!). As women, we need to be more in control of our emotions and men need to appreciate a good woman when they have her and stop thinking that there is someone better out there - chances are, you'll be looking for a long time!

What Girls Said 16

• Girls do you even want relationships anymore?
    Most gals I know want relationships. Not this gal though as I find relationships generally are sh*t deals for gals and most guys at least in my country, America, in my opinion are bitter resentful misogynists or misogynistic.

So... is this true or am I full of it?
    In my opinion it may be both. I find gals likely are not receptive to guys they don't find attractive or appealing so if you're the type of guy that is solely/mainly rejected it may seem like gals aren't interested in relationships when it's more of gals aren't interested in relationships with you.

"They don't give eye contact, they don't smile at guys and they definitely don't talk to guys. "
    Perhaps it's suited to see it as gals aren't generally receptive to the general male population rather they are receptive to the guys they want. Likely gals are giving eye contact, smiling, and talking to the guys they find attractive and/or appealing.

"I realize it could just be me, but I've heard a lot of complaints about American girls nowadays,"
    It's not just you as plenty of guys in America complain about American gals. In my opinion it's American culture considering many many gals also complain about American guys however possibly you haven't heard such complaints. It seems complaints about American guys tend to be dismissed with a double standard that if a guy is ranting about gals it's because gals are like that while if a gal is ranting about guys it's because she chose such guys or only notices such guys as if guys don't choose who they approach or who they notice. Or it could be that gals are not as misandric as guys are misogynistic.

"I don't even think they want sex to be honest!"
    LMFAO considering the orgasm gap why would they when they can masturbate and likely get more and faster orgasms.

• Thanks for the detailed answer!
      I'm sorry you feel that relationships are shit deals for women because they should be a benefit for both sides.
      When it comes to showing interest, I try to tell myself that girls don't show interest to every attractive guy because they would be getting hit on constantly.
      Although I made this post because I felt a little down today, I know that if I would get up off my ass and talk to girls and ask them out, I probably would have some success. I have a picture up, I'm not hideous!
      The sex part was kind of a stretch, but if they can masturbate then what do they need us for?

• The only use or need I have for gals is f*cking them? Heck no! I want a companion, I want to go out on the town, go on double dates, or do nothing but lounge around the house with a woman. I want someone in my corner, and I want to be in her corner as well. It's not just about sex.

• If it's supposedly 'not just about sex' for you then it's odd to me that you question if gals can masturbate what do they need guys for... o. o

Either way it seems another answer to your question about what do gals need guys forcan be your own words- 'it's not just about sex'.

• There are no good guys left.

• Excuse me for being frank but that's a crock... I'm a pretty good guy, just could be you haven't found one yet

• I'll elaborate. The good guys are taken or unobtainable.

• I'm single and I like to think I'm a good guy but maybe I'm not lol.

I actually feel the same way about good girls. I feel that after college, all the good ones are already taken. I try not to be so negative like that but it's tough.

• Naw it's just men these days are so obsessed with sex we don't even bat an eyelash when we're approached anymore.

• Not all men. Maybe the players who aren't afraid to approach you are. Stay away from them, they don't represent all of us!

• oh my gosh I never said all men why does this always happen ugh i'm just saying it's enough that it's our default assumption that if a guy approaches us that this is what it's about

• I honestly became obsessed with sex only after years of being used like a stud by women. I always wanted a relationship. Now I just fuck bitches.

• Those girls exist like they exist in 50 s They didn't come out of a blue.
    But the other type of girls exist too that want relationship. I guess it is hard for anyone despite all the technological development. We are human beings we need human interaction, we will find a way, I am sure.

• I feel the same can be said for guys. I hear my guy friends bitch about how they want a relationship but when they get in one they complain about the person they're with. I can't say that Im actively looking, I had some shit happen that kind of makes me think I need to hold off and work on me first. But the last two guys I dated, I was very honest with them asking what they wanted and told them what I was looking for. The first guy was fine, we talked and dated a while after before we realized it just wasn't going to work, the other became really distant and wouldn't just be straight with me. So for me, I would rather wait on being in a relationship than deal with some bullshit excuse as to why he won't commit.

• Your guy friends may have settled. I won't settle which is why I'm still single. (that and I get a little intimidated to talk to girls I am attracted to)

• Don't settle. I know im not willing to and I've dodged a lot of douches haha. ^^ Good luck though on your search!

• In the 50's when things were way shittier for women? I've never sought out a relationship but I have been in them.

• I meant it in a sense that women may have been more receptive to relationships. I agree with GA701 who said social media is ruining the way we interact nowadays.

• Well, my main focus is, and always will be, work and school. Because that's what's most important to me.
    If I meet someone along the way, awesome. But I'm not gonna just search for a relationship.

• Relationships are emotionally draining. As for me personally, i really do not have time to be fighting over the most ridiculous thing, get angry and all that I've got enough problems to deal with right now. But im still open to casual dating and all that but relationship, until i find someone i think im very compatible with and won't actually have any issues in our relationship then ill settle into one. Im not American though :p

• Well I hope you find the right guy to get involved with because relationships aren't supposed to be about fighting and getting angry!

• Yea h i know it isn't but it always end up being tht way. Besides if you're going to commit to one person, tht person has got to be really special.

• Well for me since I'm in school to get my masters degree in cell and molecular biology and I'm in rotc and I work part time for a modeling agency I have beatty enough time for friends but if I do meet a guy who I like then I will take time to get to know him and it is a common misconception that women these days don't want sex, I know I would love to have that perk that comes with having a boyfriend. But I do know a lot of girls who say they are too busy but it's probably because it's stressful and kind of draining to be in a relationship because they aren't perfect and sometimes it interferes with grades or career focus. For me it's about finding a balance, let's just say a calender and planner is anyone's best friend.

• I am too ugly for any guy to want me. I would love a relationship, but not too many men find me attractive, so I gave up on dating.

• Of course we wanna but its kinda hard to find a nice, honest guy that loves you back.

• How so? We're all over the place!

As long as you stay away from the guys who approach you without hesitation and seem just a little too comfortable, you should be alright

• Refer to Prince Charming Theory in my opinion.

• Not at the moment I'm content with my FWB's

• So I guess she agrees with you. She's not interested in a real relationship.

• Its other girls out there looking for that. I got out of a 20+ relationship and want to get back on my feet before I involve someone else in my like

• Ok that makes perfect sense

• I feel like men nowadays aren't interested in relationships

• Maybe some but there's a lot of guys who are. They're usually the ones who are kinda shy and don't do anything about their single status

• guilty as charged

• Well some men will openly say they don't want a relatioonship which is what I am going through now

• I don't know if it's just me, but I'm afraid of rejection. I hate being abandoned by someone that I'm attached to. I am definitely interested in a relationship, I guess I'm just scared of being hurt.

• Too many disappointments, not looking forward to have a serious relationship anytime soon or have a relationship at all.

• My main focus was taking care of myself. Meaning getting a good education, a car, place to live and whatever else I want. All guys say is that women want them to be an atm. I didn't ever want a guy to say that about me therefore I have to make my own way. That puts dating on the back burner. Not to mention in the 50's women were only supposed to get married, make babies, clean and do whatever a man wanted. Good luck finding a woman like that these days. We don't want to be someone's baby making slave.

• I didn't mean I was looking for a woman to cook and clean, I meant it in a way that they were more receptive to going out and dating.

What Guys Said 2

• I agree. I've noticed the same thing. Women nowadays seem to have a really high, absurdly/unrealistically high, standard. I've read OK Cupid blogs on the subject, also looked up relationship statistics. I've Googled, talked to other guys. They all agree; It's different now. Relationships don't work here in America, generally speaking. I think that it's a societal problem. Today there is such a high premium placed on financial success, material possessions, personal image, and the Prince Charming Theory.

FINANCIAL SUCCESS: Women are either looking for successful men and/or they are way too focused on their own success. We all know that most successful guys will "marry down." However, the same can not be said about women. The thought of "marrying down" is incomprehensible to them and we all know why: They worked hard for their education, they worked hard for their status, they need an educated-wealthy-handsome man to match.

MATERIAL POSSESSIONS: Women can be bought. You can buy their love, affection, and loyalty. How many times have we heard them say that all that want is Romance? What does that mean? It means, flowers, dinners, gifts, weekend getaways, paying on dates, living up to every Male Gender Role while they themselves refuse to live up to theirs. Chauvinism, they call it.

PERSONAL IMAGE: High premium is placed on looks. Women care more about their own looks than the guys that are looking at them. We all know this. How many men have said they don't care about make up or that they don't care about how a woman dresses, so long as it's not slutty? As a result of their egocentrism, women require men just as "pretty" as they are. They require men to be stylish. They require men to be charming sweet talkers because all these things legitimize the high value these women believe they hold. Men everywhere have seen the fat ugly chick who is all dressed up at the club act like she's better than all the guys there.

• PRINCE CHARMING THEORY: The work of the relationship falls upon the man. He swoops in on his white horse, slays the dragon, and whisks the princess away to live a fairy tale life of leisure and ecstasy. This is why they are on their phones and don't make eye contact; keep in mind these are usually the same ones that complain about the lack of good guys out there. Precisely because the good guys like you don't even bother approaching because they've created a moat and pulled back the drawbridge by acting completely aloof and disinterested. Only a really desperate and cavalier guy would attempt to chase a girl who so clearly exhibits disinterest, and so that's what the girls end up with. This theory also encompasses the other aspects which I've mentioned above.

I don't blame the chicks dude. I blame the Hedonistic culture. I know plenty of girls that aren't this way but they are few and far between. Coincidentally they all come from traditional family units with traditional values

• "I know plenty of girls that aren't this way", is what he said.

• By plenty I meant 2 lol. I just didn't want to rub any more salt in the wound. As you can imagine, this opinion isn't very popular with the ladies or white knights like Unknown XYZ

• Lots of emotionally damaged people in this world (girls included)