Raincheck - who is meant to re-initiate?

If someone asks for a raincheck and offers a reasonable excuse for it, as in literally says "raincheck" for a date a request who is meant to initiate again? The person proposing the raincheck or the person who asked for the date?

Also, is it reasonable to throw the ball back in the other person's court and if so is it understood that you won't be asking again?

Most Helpful Girl

• The person who asked for the raincheck. The person who asked originally took the initiative, now the person who cancelled has to pick up the ball.

• And if they fail to re-initiate but still continue sending signs of interests, do you still wait for them to make the counter offer?

I put ball in said person's court, and never received counter-offer but every time I see her she's trying to get my attention still.

• And given this is the second flake/blow off I am not really interested in asking again.

• And I wouldn't. I don't think you should keep chasing, if she doesn't want to be caught. Since she keeps cancelling, I would say she doesn't want to be

What Girls Said 1

• I feel it's typically the person who wanted the raincheck in the first place should initiate another outgoing with the other

What Guys Said 1

• The person who bailed must make the next move

Also given this is the second flake/blow off I am not really interested in asking again.

• Well here in lies the problem, I tried talking to her and she either gives me a cold response and walks off, or she'll sit around staring at me and hanging around me without saying anything. If I try to say something to her she'll fumble her words and just not be able to talk.

The raincheck she asked for was for a month maybe more. So I assumed not interested, but she won't stop staring at me or leaving her friends to be around me but won't say anything to me or initiate conversation. If I enter a conversation with someone she'll jump in but won't answer me directly if I ask something.

So this feels kind of awkward now. Do I still mention it?

• I'd still mention it. She is being childish based on your response. If you want a relationship with this girl tell her that. If she continues to flake i'd cut my losses and move on