Do guys get bored and uninterested if a girl shows too much interest?

So, I'm pretty straightforward and blunt. I hate playing games. If I genuinely like someone I don't like to mess with their heads, I'm pretty obvious about how I feel. I feel like this may be an issue. I see it time and time again. A guy will talk to me and act like he genuinely likes me and slowly just drift apart. For instance, I went to a music festival with this guy from my class I really liked. After a couple days, he went to Europe for a month, but we still kept in contact. He would message me saying he missed me and that we would definitely hang out when he got back. We messaged a bit when he did come back and I came back from a trip to Chicago, but he hasn't messaged since Wednesday and hasn't made any plans. I find it dumb. Why talk to me for a month while you're gone, and when you're home, you don't make the effort to make plans? I feel like maybe I make myself seem too available or something, I'm not sure. I just find it weird that he would keep in contact with me if he's too indecisive to actually make a move. I'm sure there's a problem on my part too. I need to stop waiting around.

Let me explain haha. I don't constantly text him! However, sometimes I do initiate the conversation which could be a problem. We really don't text too much to where he knows a lot about me, but it's enough to know that he was definitely interested.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Since Wednesday" is only a few days, I think it's a bit soon to say anything at all - I think you are over-analyzing, relax. He's been in Europe for a month, probably still unpacking his bags and getting settled. Calling him "too indecisive to actually make a move" because he hasn't made plans within just a few days of arriving back from a month in Europe seems a bit extreme.

Generally though, guys can lose interest yes if you show too much interest.

If a guy is really into you though, you'll know, so don't wait around for guys who show little interest.

• No I mean that's just the last time we talked. He came home last thursday. I know... I over analyze everything haha. I just need to chill and not worry about it, but I figured I would just ask the question.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes and no. I'll tell you the yes part. It's sometimes become really unattractive when a girl shows so much interest. It feels like to is guys that we need to always be talking to her Becuase she keeps blowing up are phones all the time like she is begging for us to talk to her. But that rarely happens. Now the no part is it is awesome if a girl shows interest but slowly and not blowing up your phone Becuase it tells us guys that she likes us and wants things to happen between us. But we also like a little chase here and there. Keep things interesting and you'll be just fine

If you have time please answer my question :)

• No I love that. I dont like being played with and I would much ratber girls be up front and honest with me.

• You sound so much like me... im always too open and honest... i leave nothing mysterious for her to ponder about... and it always leads to her becoming cold & detatched... TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION... males and females alike get bored if you make yourself too availiable... because you leave nothing for the imagination... and it lessens your self worth...

But dont feel bad... no matter how many times im recieving advise to stop trying so much...
    Im probably going to stubbornly keep doing what my instincts tell me and chase them away..

• I know girls do..

• No not at all, interest means you care

• i get the impression (if i read your details right) that your not putting any effort into anything and your expecting the guy to do all the work. and then your calling it your doing, when your not doing anything that shows interest at all. it doesn't work like that, you need to contact him and decide things for yourself
    but to answer your tile question guys want girls who shows constant interest, because thats how it works

• I definitely show interest. My explanation must have not been through enough. Last time we talked I even asked when the next time were were hang or whatever and he was out of town overnight (the night before) and he replied that we definitely would when he got back. It's not that I'm not giving him enough hints, trust me! If he's not aware that I have feelings then he must be really blind haha.

• I think the fact that I brought up hanging out with him was enough. He knows I'm at least interested in spending time with him. I don't think it would be appropriate to initiate another conversation. I think the best is to wait for him to text me and then I can see where it goes from there. Feel me?

• it just doesn't work that way. doing that tells a guy a girl is not interested anymore

• 1. I don't see how you're showing too much attention. Maybe Im missing something.

2. No the oposite. Guys lose itnerest if you dont show enough attention. IM right now considerin whether to stop contact with this gal cause she never emssages me. i always message her

• We like a little mystery

• I would settle for a girl who shows any interest at all lol.

What Girls Said 0