My boyfriend likes to call me babe, is that bad?

My boyfriend likes to call me babe alot,
Does it mean something? His texts to me are ALWAYS "hey babe" and i wanna know i it means something specific. Could he mean it in a disrespectful term?

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont think he meansit disrepectfully it sounds just like a term of endearment to me.

What Guys Said 3

• Him calling you babe is a way of giving you a cute name, like baby. If he's doing it a lot ask him to come up with another name if you don't like it. It's not disrespectful, it's just a way of him giving you a cute name and happens in a lot of relationships.

• It sounds like he just wants to give you a cute nickname, I doubt he means any disrespect

• yes dumb his ass right away. how dare he.

What Girls Said 3

• No. My bf calls me baby and I love it. If it was any other guy I'd smack him. Lol. It's perfectly alright I think. Maybe you shoild start working on finding a cute nickname for him as well? ;)

• Its generally a term of endearment, its his way of showing he cares for you in a romantic manner :)

• It's not really disrespectful
    1. He wants you to give you a nickname
    2. If he's a player, it's because he forgot your name. Which is unlikely since you're his girl