I like a guy shorter than me. Is it weird? Do I even stand a chance?

Im 5'11 girl. I think I've fallen for a guy, and he is shorter than me. About 5'6-5'8 I think.
I know its a stereotype and just more common girls date guys taller than they are. And I have nothing agains dating a shorter guy.

But do you think it looks funny if tall girl dates short guy? And do I stand a chance? I mean could he ever think Im pretty or good to date because Im so tall?

Most Helpful Girl

• Go for it! Some people will find it odd just because it's breaking the norm but then again, who you get along great with is between you and the guy, not them.

You definitely stand a chance. I'm also quite tall, around 5'10"-5'11"ish and have never had a problem getting a guy interested. Often if they're shorter, they'll think you don't want to be with them because of the height difference so it works both ways. Get to know them first, and if you guys are compatible and share chemistry, don't see why it couldn't work between you two. Why should the guy have to be taller... we're not in the stone age lol.

My current boyfriend is a little bit shorter than me and though it was a worry for me at the beginning, as soon as I got to know him and he told me he wasn't bothered by it in the slightest & loves my long legs I also stopped caring. Not to mention that I've never had such strong sexual compatibility/chemistry as with him.

You know what they say; height isn't an issue when you're horizontal. ;)

What Guys Said 7

• Look funny? In a quirky and adorable way, yes. In any event, go for it. Like others have said, most guys are used to thinking that taller women are uninterested in them, so you may need to drop a bit more hints than usual. Good luck! :)

• This passed year I was with a girl that was about an inch or two taller than me and we both got along really great. I know she was bothered by this but on the other hand we had such great chemistry that it didn't matter. But she did use it as an excuse.
    In fact all my passed girlfriends were taller than I was. One was pole dancer and almost half a head taller than me and it never bothered her it looked a little funny since she could pick me up but in bed all was great. :D

• NOOOOOO it's GREAT!!! go on girl, the girl being taller is better

• It's possible, although, it might look a bit odd. But I don't think that should make a difference, go for it! :P

• Well whenever I see a taller girl dating a shorter guy I do find it a little weird, but then I tell myself," Well, as long as they're happy with each other, I really don't mind."

• i love tall girls!

• I know lots of shorter guys who would LOVE to date a tall girl (I also prefer tall girls but I'm very tall myself). You'd be a dream come true to them. However everyone knows most girls prefer taller guys so guys don't even bother approaching so give some hints that you're interested.

What Girls Said 1