Girls: Do you criticize and trash talk your boyfriend to your friends?

Girls: Do you criticize and trash talk your boyfriend to your friends

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• No, never.

I only say positive things about him. If there was lots to bitch about, I wouldn't be dating him in the first place. And the small arguments we may have i. e. whose turn it is to do the dishes, aren't anyone's business.

Also, complaining about your boyfriend to people gives them reason to trash talk about both of us to others, spread rumours and all that other bullshit. Ain't nobody got time for dat.

I only say good things about him, because good things is what this relationship consists of.

I think it's awful how many women do engage in trash talk and gossip. Feel sorry for their boyfriends.

What Girls Said 9

• No. My boyfriend is pretty close to perfect. It's pretty difficult to come up with something bad to say about him. All my friends think he's basically the poster child for the perfect boyfriend.

That's not to say I'm caught up in this infatuation where I think he's the king of sunshine and daffodils or anything. I've known the guy for 7 years and have been dating him for 3. I'm well aware of his shortcomings.

I don't trash talk him though.

• No, never! I only say positive things about him. I don't gossip, spread his secrets, or insult him to my friends and I don't like to talk about our sex life. There are girls who blab like crazy and complain about their boyfriends or husbands all the time though, unfortunately.

• If only all women are like you. It seems like less than 10% are

• Yeah not all are, which is too bad. I think it's very disrespectful to put down your partner in front of friends or say bad things about them. Sometimes I do ask my friends or even my brothers for advice if I need it, but I never ask in a way that puts my SO in a bad light.

• If I felt the need to trash talk him, then I shouldn't be dating him.

• I was told a lot of girls rant about their boyfriends

• I think it's a petty attention seeking behavior to openly blast on anyone without first trying to talk to them like an adult. If that doesn't work, then you may need to look in the mirror and make sure it's not you causing the issues. And if that doesn't work, it may be time to move on.

• There have been times where I needed to get a second opinion, but I did so in private in person, to someone I knew wouldn't gossip.

• No, not even for advice. I'm generally the person to give advice in my group of friends, so asking advice from them would be ridiculous since they have their own issues.

If I ever do talk about him with my friends, it's to tell them about something sweet he did so they're aware good guys exist and stop settling for guys who are jerks to them.

• I have never done that, but that's because I've never been in a relationship. All my friends who have boyfriends have talked to me about them many times. I wouldn't say they are exactly talking shit, but it's not always nice stuff either. We are girls. This is what we do. We don't mean it in a bad way XD

• No. Why would I do that? I'm not perfect, how can I expect my boyfriend to be perfect too?

• Nope, haven't and wouldn't.

• No. I do talk about some issues with them for advice, but even that is rare.

• No. If I've got problems with my man i keep it to myself. Not into all this bitching. So childish.

What Guys Said 3

• LOL even if someone did, do you believe she'd admit it?

• My ex always did this. Once when we were hugging. Two guys looked at us and made eyes to her. They wanted her to stay away from me. This made me angry.

• Most of the women I have worked with trash talk their man all the time.