Why won't many women even consider dating younger men?

I've been turned down by many, many, older women. The most common reason they say is that I am just too young. I wonder what they mean by that? Too young for what? Is a big part of it because of how others might perceive you? If it wasn't a social standard, would you be more inclined? Or do younger men legitimately not excite you in any way?

I have dated many older women as well and they seem to really like it, and can tell the difference when we have a conversation.

I also realize some women may say that I am too young just to let me off easy, but really there are other reasons, lets not talk about that though. Thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think probably two answers:

- women tend to like men who they perceive as 'mature' financially stable, secure, etc. They also like men to be attractive. So it's more a trade off for them dating older/younger, on average.

- I suspect women anticipate their own beauty and youth as selling points, and feel uncomfortable (or perhaps pessimistic) about going for younger men. This is similar to how men are less likely to approach women who earn more than they do, for instance.

What Girls Said 12

• Maturity. That is it. It hasn't nothing to do with your looks, personality or whatever you can name off the top of your head. It's just maturity. Women are ahead in terms of maturity and to be honest, we know guys never truly grow up, they'll always be a little immature at heart (which some times can be a good thing!) but being with a younger guy isn't advisable because you're nowhere near having an equal maturity level.

• Yeah I'm definitely that way. My guy is 11 years older than me.
    Younger guys seem to be too much into themselves. It seems all they think about is sex and cars.
    My guy is witty, friendly, intellectual, patient, B personality, and there for me always.
    Still, we don't live together... yet.

• Too young = not enough experience or maturity. Young guys can be fun because they try harder to impress you but they tend to screw things up because they don't know what to do with a relationship or how to act properly. This unstable trait causes most women to run.

• Most woman will -- u just have NOT either been convincing enough OR u haven't met the right woman YET!!! Well those OTHER reasons u dont want to SHARE could be THE REASON WHY...

• Haha, it's not that I don't want to share, I meant that sometimes they might say I am too young in order to avoid telling me what the reason really is.

I have dated numerous older women and have always had a great time. I definitely prefer it over girls my age and younger.

I can always work on being more convincing, of course. But I try to be as honest and sincere as I can be.

• Well younger guys are good for fun. But they rarely want more then that, so if the older women want more then they would perceive an involvement with a younger guy as a waste of time.

• I'm experienc31 and have dated a guy as young as 23.. I look kinda young for my age so the way we looked together wasn't an issue. it was fun. We had a good time but when he wanted to get serious I broke it off with him. I'm not sure about other women but I didn't wanna consider anything serious with him because I was older, single mother, and just didn't feel he was really ready for the package I came with..

• They probably think they're good for a hook up, but not a relationship.

• I'm currently dating a younger man, he's 28 and I'm 36 :P

• I like younger guys to be honest. But I can see how other girls might not.

• I've dated older and younger guys since my divorce and can definitely say I prefer older (within limits of course)! The reason is that while I hold my age well now, ican't get younger. Men are superficial and think of women like cars - the younger the better! I'm not going to set myself up to get dumped down the road. Also, I've always had conservative values and older guys are more apt to value marriage and family as I do. Plus, there are a few cinder fellas out there - not real men. So for me, it's better if the guy is a little older but no more than 5 years younger. Just sayin!

• Guys are mostly into looks and most like being the dominant partner, so women are wary about getting too attached to a guy she knows will dump her eventually. The bigger the difference, the more likely this will happen. A few years shouldn't be a big deal, though, as aging is more personal without a big gap.

• Well the mayority of older woMan won't date younger guys as youngers guys won't date older woman they little chance to find them but I'm few of them probably 1 of 20 of older woman would :)

What Guys Said 2

• I think your approaching the wrong type of women, as do a lot of men make this mistake.

The older women that are into younger men are the ones that are in their sexual peak. These girls are the cougars that prowl at night. But I am afraid your going to be only viewed as a sex object.

The older women that DO WANT a younger man, does not want a boy. You got to have your life together and with minimum baggage.

Before I met my gf and before we had a kid, I used to go out a lot. I've met countless of older women wanting a piece of me back then, and some still do now.

• It's smart on their part. Say a 20 year old guy starts going out with a 25 year old girl. He's still finishing college/trying to get a career started, she's getting to the age she wants kids, so impasse. Now fast forward five years.

He's 25, still enjoying things, suddenly finding out he can easily date the hot 21 year olds that were shooting him down in college, and she's 30, starting to lose her looks, and her window for having kids is closing. See the problem?

• Isn't it the same when 30 year old men date 20yr old women? But I see your points.

• Meh, women value different things. Hence why a 30 year old who has taken care of himself and had some career success can date younger girls, but 30 year old women have a hard time dating.